It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man-hoppers and Skinny people with wings.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
What are your predictions for the future of genetics and expressing genes from other species in humans? Our DNA contains information about every life form thingy on the planet.

How long will it be till Russia or China dabble with an embryo so its legs are similar in strength to a grasshoppers and then enter them into the Olympics as a long jumper?

Other ideas are cops or military recos that can see like an eagle, SKINNY HUMANS WITH WINGS, giraffe necked damsels in Africa that are the new African symbol of beauty, cheetah dudes running the 50 in world record time or my favorite would be a human with the skin pigments of an octopus. Changing his or her color to suit whatever environment they happen to be in. That would be friggin cool big time!

It might also be handy to be able to lick your eyebrows like a newt while on a date.

I am serious about this discussion but as I type I am sure like you I am laughing like mad.

Is there any evidence that this kind of experimentation has already started?
What animal or plant trait would you like expressed?
Your thoughts?
edit on 12-2-2013 by WormwoodSquirm because: added more

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
The military would love human animal chimerae, if you could make it work.

How about an ursine-human chimera, 500 pounds of claws and teeth, with a wild talent for shooting a Barrett off his shoulder?

You'd need bigger chutes, though, and I'm not sure how you'd make boots fit.

edit to add: I'm sort of envisioning it looking like a big pissed-off gwarpy, with teeth and retractable claws.
edit on 12-2-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Blind people with bat sonar.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElOmen

Wow what an amazing idea! We could do incredible things through rapid advancements in genetics that improve quality of life for many. Your idea for helping blind people hits this topic right where it counts.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Why China or Russia ?
Whose to say our militaries aren't already working on this?
It may be black op's but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if it broke in the news
Cody

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by WormwoodSquirm

Wow what an amazing idea! We could do incredible things through rapid advancements in genetics that improve quality of life for many. Your idea for helping blind people hits this topic right where it counts.

Unforunately as always
with all things meant for peace, the military will find a way to use it as a weapon

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
soldiers would benefit if they could be crossed with a chameleon for camouflage

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Chameleon Skin!

Its a long way.. we still can't target gene integration... meaning.. growing eyes cannot be targeted on you head.. it might grow in you testicles.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Reply to post by WormwoodSquirm

All living things evolve from evolutions and to play with such will only spell disastrous outcome, But some researchers done some brilliant work on dna reproductions of organs for medical care.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I guess I just picked Russia and China because I associate those countries with going ahead with weird science despite the reasonable objections which would come from the American public if some scientist threw a human head onto a dolphin or something. Ive seen morbid ass stuff on Youtube from those countries such as the Russian scientist keeping only a dogs head alive for a long time. Look it up. Its crazy science over there with no boundaries.

I agree if it is possible the US military is working on it for sure. Chests that are as strong as a lobster shell, better vision, size etc. The possibilities are endless.

As I think longer about this subject I cant help but come to the conclusion that if we are learning how to manipulate genetics after only a few hundred thousand years of existing then it leads me to believe that another civilization from elsewhere in the cosmos who is a million years ahead of us could easily have seeded or at least manipulated our species in the past and had the solar sails etc/whatever needed to get here and leave.

Could be those who we refer to as god or aliens.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Somebody actually has that ability, watched a documentary on it......will try to find info on it.

EDIT: He was blind and he clacked his tongue against the roof of his mouth which would form an image of his surroundings by the noise bouncing off walls and objects.
edit on 12/2/13 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by WormwoodSquirm

There is an excellent video on youtube
It says pretty much exactly that, we were genetically engineered by the Adamites believe or not it's excellent lateral thinking.

It's worth the time to watch

Cody

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by WormwoodSquirm
What are your predictions for the future of genetics and expressing genes from other species in humans? Our DNA contains information about every life form thingy on the planet.

How long will it be till Russia or China dabble with an embryo so its legs are similar in strength to a grasshoppers and then enter them into the Olympics as a long jumper?

Other ideas are cops or military recos that can see like an eagle, SKINNY HUMANS WITH WINGS, giraffe necked damsels in Africa that are the new African symbol of beauty, cheetah dudes running the 50 in world record time or my favorite would be a human with the skin pigments of an octopus. Changing his or her color to suit whatever environment they happen to be in. That would be friggin cool big time!

It might also be handy to be able to lick your eyebrows like a newt while on a date.

I am serious about this discussion but as I type I am sure like you I am laughing like mad.

Is there any evidence that this kind of experimentation has already started?
What animal or plant trait would you like expressed?
Your thoughts?
edit on 12-2-2013 by WormwoodSquirm because: added more

At one point when I was younger I was part of the Transhuminist movement. I was happy to think about being "jacked" in to the innerwebs or have my DNA spliced to become something more than human!

Now with age and experience there is NO WAY IN HELL I would let anyone modify me. I will most likely be a relic or post-homo-superior. I have seen what damage scientists have sown with no thoughts of the future or its impact. Being in IT has also taught me there is NO WAY IN HELL I would let someone upload my brain only to have it erased, or worse controlled.

Now maybe Biohacking if I was in control might be interesting as I don't want to die at the young age of 99 but I doubt that would ever be in the hands of a lay person.

No thanks!

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
If it is true that we were altered or created then all of the arguments about evolution vs creation vs aliens etc can stop because all of them are right.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Expressing salamander genes to regrow limbs would be cool. Lose a hand because of a lawn mower? No problem here drink this, it will grow back in a few weeks.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
First I think the easiest manipulation would be cloning. Some family loses a baby, clone the baby, have a delayed identical twin.

I've heard predictions of the future of an age-extending gene implant.

Other manipulations are not so pretty. I imagine past 500 years from now when genetic manipulation is too easy, there will be renegade humans implanting themselves with genes to modify the texture of their skin. Like alligator skin, or spines on their arms.

Second modification hundreds of years from now would be with their eyes.

It can go far out and you can get people with other than 10 fingers. 8, 12 fingers.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I cant wait for chickens to be turned back into dinosaurs, they are gonna be cool.
I wish I could lick my eyebrows on a date

in the words of a great man, Mr. Wilson.
"For I've got a tongue thats 10 inches long, and I've learned to breathe through me ears"

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
First off, nothing in today's world is worth doing unless it makes money. Women will have cow genes to help produce vast quantities of cheaper milk. They go to a milking factory, get hooked up to a vacuum to remove the milk, and then go home. No need for dairy farmers.

edit on 2/12/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Mad scientists aren't going to be happy till they turn us into greys. Either that or someone will destroy mankind with the too rapid changes they are making to our foods

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
First off, nothing in today's world is worth doing unless it makes money. Women will have cow genes to help produce vast quantities of cheaper milk. They go to a milking factory, get hooked up to a vacuum to remove the milk, and then go home. No need for dairy farmers.

edit on 2/12/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

And I thought I had an overactive imagination.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join