It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Viator (First pages of my manga. Tell me what you think?)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I apologize for the crappy hand written text, haven't had a chance to edit. These are crappy phone uploads, sorry for bad quality.

This story, Viator, is a time travel story, which takes place in the year 2055.

Here goes;

edit on 12-2-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

edit on 12-2-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Yikes! Don't let the bad guys get a hold of that stone!

Cool stuff -- I enjoyed reading it!

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

wow, amazing...did you do the drawings as well?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s
Yikes! Don't let the bad guys get a hold of that stone!

Cool stuff -- I enjoyed reading it!

Thank ya

A couple of the pages ended up in the wrong places... I just fixed it. Haha.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by k1k1to

wow, amazing...did you do the drawings as well?

Yep

I'm sorry for the crappy quality. The drawing style starts out a little simpler in the beginning, gets a little better as the story progresses. The reason the detail isn't much better is mainly because I use regular pens and pencils to draw this stuff.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I know many people who are fans of the genre I'll direct them to this thread.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

very impressive work and imagination... i have tried to create 2 comics one that was a mix of the walking dead/evil dead/ fallout and i named it the "event"...and another one about a cubicle worker who could stop time and had to fight demons in order to gain their power, because unknown to him he is actually a demigod i named that one "Lewis Clarkson timekeeper"

i gave up on the "event" after i lost the cover page that took me 3 hours to make...and i gave up on the 2nd comic because i couldn't draw women if my life depended on it.. my art style is more "Americanized" traditional mixed with gritty realism.. lol to draw the pics of all my characters i usually take pics of myself "acting" out the roles and then translate them into cartoons..

dont give up on your project like i did

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

I know many people who are fans of the genre I'll direct them to this thread.

Thank you

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by k1k1to

very impressive work and imagination... i have tried to create 2 comics one that was a mix of the walking dead/evil dead/ fallout and i named it the "event"...and another one about a cubicle worker who could stop time and had to fight demons in order to gain their power, because unknown to him he is actually a demigod i named that one "Lewis Clarkson timekeeper"

i gave up on the "event" after i lost the cover page that took me 3 hours to make...and i gave up on the 2nd comic because i couldn't draw women if my life depended on it.. my art style is more "Americanized" traditional mixed with gritty realism.. lol to draw the pics of all my characters i usually take pics of myself "acting" out the roles and then translate them into cartoons..

dont give up on your project like i did

Of course not.

I really want this story to have a "Doctor Who / Back to the Future/ emotional adventure manga" feel to it.

Your story idea sounds really interesting. You should think on it slowly over time, and it will develop into something complex and awesome. That's how I do it.

Also--Doc Brown from Back to the Future and The Doctor from Doctor Who are huge inspirations for my mad scientist character. Dunno if anyone picked up on that yet.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Indiana Jones crossed with Doctor Who and injected with Otaku Serum. In other words, one hell of a ride!

I look forward to seeing more. What do you plan on doing with this series? Publishing? Maybe develop an anime? I have an idea I keep wanting to develop, but I'm not a good enough writer to publish it in a novel and too poor an artist to put it in a manga. It's terrible, because I really love the universe I've made in my head and I love the adventures my characters go on. It's literally an epic. Oh well...I guess it's doomed to die with me...

If I ever find a magic lamp, you know what my second wish is...right after wishing for more wishes!

edit on 12-2-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

well,
you are very talented.
i enjoyed the art and style,
and the story line has drawn me in,

when can we get the ebook?
ever thought of kickstarter ?

xploder

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Thanks guys

I'd like to get it published (not even for the money's sake, just to legally own my story). My main goal is to get as many people to read it as possible... I don't care much for the money.

I don't know anything about any websites where you can post artwork or anything...

I do have a printer scanner, but no clue how to use the thing, and my personal laptop is currently unusable.

I'll try and post summore when I can

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Thats a really good story which i enjoyed reading. Your style of drawing is great, i love it!

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Bloody hell - how amazing is that !!!! you are so good at that stuff and talented...

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

I am just amazed that this thread doesn't have 100 stars

bump

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

For sure, 100 stars is right on Helen. What a talented and gifted person this youngin is. I enjoyed what was shared immensely. So many really gifted people around here...I feel a little "silly" when I put my renderings on here...stuff I wrote back in the day mostly. My MS limits my writing now at times. This post and drawings, priceless!! ^j^
Star and flag from me.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Thanks a lot guys.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I really enjoyed what you have posted so far
when you get more up i think it would be nice to know

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Nice..