It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$1mln Diamond Found in Russia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Argata did you check the book "Love is in the Earth" by Melody? She has a very rich compendium of all minerals/rarity/uses via meditations et cetera.... She's a world renound Master Crystologist. And my mom was also one of her first students i'm not an expert but I know my fair share of Crystology.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
SO STUPID!!!

They found trillions of dollars of diamonds under an ancient Russian meteorite site last year.

They are not mining them to keep prices ARTIFICIALLY HIGH!! I hope my GF never expects a diamond ring for her wedding...

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
The triangle is natural. I have some quartz with triangle markings. From what I recollect, the triangles are where the crystal grows outward. It's been a long time since I've read about them so I'm not 100% about the growth part.

As for the diamond, it's a shame so much will be wasted to grinding, but I suppose they recover the dust and re-purpose it.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

Looking for it now. Thank you.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Rough Diamond. Diamond in the rough. When they form they grow like a crystal. They keep growing until the conditions for growth diminish. Then they are slowly brought to the surface as you see it in the photograph.

The bigger they are the more value assigned to them. 5 million dollars is the value placed on this stone pre cut. But the owners know that they will make a lot more from it by breaking it down into smaller pieces. A diamond cutter will determine the largest single most valuable piece that can be removed from the stone and that will be worth a lot more than 5 million dollars when finished. Then the rest of the stone will be divided into their largest pieces and so on down to the littlest leftover. They will multiply the rough value many times over by the time they are through.

If the cutter doesn't muck it up on the first cleave. Anyone who has seen the process knows that this is the first step in dividing the stone along its chosen grain so as to preserve the value. If a diamond cutter gets it wrong and either cleaves it badly or (worst case) breaks it up...

I'd hate to be that dude.

Rough Diamonds

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I adjusted the contrast and brightness and I can distinctly see carved or embossed markings on the top of that diamond. also based on the color,and reflectivity i can see that parts of the rock have been cut off.
I think that this is some kind of diamond artifact they they have tried to alter and disguise as raw diamond so that they can cut it and sell it as a diamond.
If this was an artifact they would have to turn it over to the state or someone to study it and they would lose out on the money they can make by cutting it and selling it as a diamond.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Great. I'm sure I will catch hell if I don't get that for the Mrs on Valentine's Day.

Thanks a lot Russia !

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Here are the pictures of my Ahowhite(sp?) I referred to earlier.

edit on 12-2-2013 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

That's awesome Agarta! I love minerals and crystals like that. Have you ever heard of Moldavite? Kinda a similar situation and relevant to all this Meteor Crashing talk! And WOW! That's beautiful!

edit on 17-2-2013 by youthsavior because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join