Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

The Pope's resignation, the Asteroid, and the 3rd secret of Fatima

page: 5
40
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by parbrie
 


Bingo




posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by parbrie
 


I would want to know, but I agree it would create chaos. They would not tell us if we were in danger.



By GINA SUNSERI Jan. 31, 2013 What would you tell seven astronauts if you knew their space shuttle was crippled on orbit? It was a question that faced NASA's Mission Control considered after initial suspicions that something might be wrong with the shuttle Columbia as it was making its doomed reentry in 2003. Wayne Hale, who later became space shuttle program manager, struggled with this question after the deaths of the Columbia crew 10 years ago. Recently he wrote about the debate in his blog, recalling a meeting to discuss the dilemma: "After one of the MMTs (Mission Management Team) when possible damage to the orbiter was discussed, he (Flight Director Jon Harpold) gave me his opinion: 'You know, there is nothing we can do about damage to the TPS (Thermal Protection System). If it has been damaged it's probably better not to know. I think the crew would rather not know. Don't you think it would be better for them to have a happy successful flight and die unexpectedly during entry than to stay on orbit, knowing that there was nothing to be done, until the air ran out?" A bleak assessment. Orbiting in space until your oxygen ran out. The dilemma for mission managers is that they simply didn't know if the space shuttle was damaged. The doomed astronauts were not told of the risk.


2003 Space Shuttle Columbia



posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I want to start this off with addressing those here saying that this asteroid CANNOT possibly hit us. That's absolutely false. NASA's website puts the risk of impact at 1 in 294,000. Yes the odds are in our favor that it will miss... But that is NOT a 0 possibility. It's the same risk as dying from a skull fracture received from falling out of your bed. It's greater odds than winning the powerball. (By a LONG-SHOT, I might add.Those odds are 1 in 175,225,000) so I just want to throw that out there for clarification.
Ok, now that I got that out there, I wanted to say that I posted some other coincidences I noticed with regards to this asteroid in another thread recently, and it's all really got me thinking that something weird is going on. I will throw it out there again and maybe someone else will see what I'm talking about now.
Here is a copy and paste of that other post:
Just hear me out for a second. This may be a little far out there... But I'm just brainstorming. Adding a few things together and thinking worst case scenario, and I'm VERY aware that the majority of people that read this are going to find a way to debunk this pretty quick... But a thought that crossed my mind is this...
So the money here in the U.S. is being withdrawn at a rate that hasn't been seen since 9/11; Anonymous just released that crazy video that has a collective theme in the background of trajectories and explosions and a suggestion of the fact that they know something is coming and the government isn't saying anything... (Watch it again with this in mind and listen carefully, you'll see what I mean as far as their wording goes); and this asteroid DA14 coming so close.
Now, we all know this asteroid isn't big enough for an ELE but we also know the governments and elites are concerned with overpopulation. They also have bunkers and safe houses all over to make sure that they would be ok should something happen.
Another thing that this asteroid could do is take out a satellite or two. That could cause just as much, if not MORE of an issue than the asteroid hitting earth. Communications, Internet, and financial systems could all be lost. It would be a mess.
Ok.. So you can say I'm fear mongering now, or crazy, or whatever you want. I'm not saying I'm right or this is going to happen. I was just looking at a few coincidences and thought I would throw this out there. I mean that's what this site is for, right? Throwing ideas off each other...
Anonymous Last Resort Video



posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by super70
 


February 15, Asteroid 2012 DA14 is set to enter earth's atmosphere (satellite area)

The Earth's atmosphere does not extend to 17,000 miles from the surface (not so you'd notice) and the asteroid will not hit Earth.
edit on 2/12/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)


thats irrelevant and pedantic..neither proves or disproves any part of the original post (not that i believe it) but nobody likes a know it all.



posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by super70
 


February 15, Asteroid 2012 DA14 is set to enter earth's atmosphere (satellite area)

The Earth's atmosphere does not extend to 17,000 miles from the surface (not so you'd notice) and the asteroid will not hit Earth.
edit on 2/12/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)


You tell em Phage! More fear porn, gloom and doom! Well 12-21-12 came and went and the mothership didn't come and pick me up so to hell with it. To hell with all this mumbo jumbo.



posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Piper96
I want to start this off with addressing those here saying that this asteroid CANNOT possibly hit us. That's absolutely false. NASA's website puts the risk of impact at 1 in 294,000. Yes the odds are in our favor that it will miss... But that is NOT a 0 possibility. It's the same risk as dying from a skull fracture received from falling out of your bed. It's greater odds than winning the powerball. (By a LONG-SHOT, I might add.Those odds are 1 in 175,225,000) so I just want to throw that out there for clarification.
Ok, now that I got that out there, I wanted to say that I posted some other coincidences I noticed with regards to this asteroid in another thread recently, and it's all really got me thinking that something weird is going on. I will throw it out there again and maybe someone else will see what I'm talking about now.
Here is a copy and paste of that other post:
Just hear me out for a second. This may be a little far out there... But I'm just brainstorming. Adding a few things together and thinking worst case scenario, and I'm VERY aware that the majority of people that read this are going to find a way to debunk this pretty quick... But a thought that crossed my mind is this...
So the money here in the U.S. is being withdrawn at a rate that hasn't been seen since 9/11; Anonymous just released that crazy video that has a collective theme in the background of trajectories and explosions and a suggestion of the fact that they know something is coming and the government isn't saying anything... (Watch it again with this in mind and listen carefully, you'll see what I mean as far as their wording goes); and this asteroid DA14 coming so close.
Now, we all know this asteroid isn't big enough for an ELE but we also know the governments and elites are concerned with overpopulation. They also have bunkers and safe houses all over to make sure that they would be ok should something happen.
Another thing that this asteroid could do is take out a satellite or two. That could cause just as much, if not MORE of an issue than the asteroid hitting earth. Communications, Internet, and financial systems could all be lost. It would be a mess.
Ok.. So you can say I'm fear mongering now, or crazy, or whatever you want. I'm not saying I'm right or this is going to happen. I was just looking at a few coincidences and thought I would throw this out there. I mean that's what this site is for, right? Throwing ideas off each other...
Anonymous Last Resort Video


I agree, it seems they were saying, "we know what you know."



posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I've read the whole thread and am surprised nobody has asked the OP this.

OP, in your first post you talk of a doomsday interview that Pope John Paul I gave, the one where he hints that the third Fatima secret is about something hitting earth and the destruction it will bring.

I've never heard of such an interview, and I've read alot about the third secret. What is your source for this interview? Link? Did you read the interview?

Thanks.



posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I'm going to post this:
www.zerohedge.com...
because it highlights the incredible ability for humans to cock up even simple calculations, and for countless others to miss the error for ages.

NASA is most likely correct, that asteroid will probably miss hitting the earth. Unless of course it doesn't.

What about the damage done in such an event? We can only make a guess. The only experience we have with high energy dissipations is a nuclear detonation and the dynamics are different to a kinetic energy release such as a high velocity impact of a massive object.



posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnderGetty
I'm going to post this:
www.zerohedge.com...
because it highlights the incredible ability for humans to cock up even simple calculations, and for countless others to miss the error for ages.

NASA is most likely correct, that asteroid will probably miss hitting the earth. Unless of course it doesn't.

What about the damage done in such an event? We can only make a guess. The only experience we have with high energy dissipations is a nuclear detonation and the dynamics are different to a kinetic energy release such as a high velocity impact of a massive object.

There are also cock-ups like the Hubble mirror and that failed Mars mission, which crashed because they used metric or something like that. Can't quite recall the circumstances.



posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Creep Thumper
 


Yeah, but that Hubble mirror mistake really ended up smelling like roses, as NASA and the other agencies and companies working on a fix were able to get better equipment into the Hubble in a repair mission that went up long before they thought they'd need one. It fixed it, improved it, and made it a much better instrument. The Mars mishaps, not so much.



posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
While this is a very strong stretch the info was good until debunked by Phage (btw thanks Phage)



posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
I've read the whole thread and am surprised nobody has asked the OP this.

OP, in your first post you talk of a doomsday interview that Pope John Paul I gave, the one where he hints that the third Fatima secret is about something hitting earth and the destruction it will bring.

I've never heard of such an interview, and I've read alot about the third secret. What is your source for this interview? Link? Did you read the interview?

Thanks.


Here ya go...just scroll down the page for the interview.

Interview with Pope
edit on 13-2-2013 by super70 because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Also, I really don't understand all the buzz kill going on here, this is ATS not the comment section of the Huffington post. Whats up with all the "nothing to see here move along folks" posts (phage)?

My post is obviously not a written in stone fact, I am merely speculating on possibilities concerning past events and their correlation to possible future events, inviting comments from like minded curious individuals who keep an open mind to all possible outcomes.

So here are a few undeniable facts if you need them:
1. It is a possibility that this asteroid hits the earth (although granted its remote)
2. There is controversy over the claims that the full third secret of Fatima was revealed. See original post for details.
3. It is NOT common (although not unheard of) for a Pope to resign.



posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ZEV93
 


I believe the asteroid is 150m, correct me if I'm wrong. Traveling at that speed, if the asteroid were to impact the Atlantic ocean, tidal waves would wipe out entire coast lines.



posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldWorldChaos
reply to post by Phage
 


Phage, i think that you really are John Lithgow.

Iol I've always thought that



posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Maybe the Pope just doesn't want to be the one who will have to explain to all the brainwashed misled herds the reason why God decided to smash a rock into planet Earth? ~$heopleNation



posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Here we go again...if 12-21-2012 wasn't enough....



posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
What I heard about the space rock is that it will pass between the geosynchronous satellites, which as Phage said are 17,000 miles out, and the lower layers of satellites with a very comfortable margin. It is exceedingly unlikely that they tracked it wrong and that it will hit the Earth.



posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantasm
 


People often wrongly estimate the gravitational field of earth. They think its big but fail to realize that if it were really powerful we would be plastered to the surface unable to move. The fact that a tiny baby can raise its little hand to its mouth to suck its thumb proves just what a weak force it really is. Yes we come down when we jump but the fact that we can jump just proves again how weak it really is.



posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by iwilliam

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by super70
 




Im not a scientist so give me a break. Pure armchair speculation with basic understanding of mathematics and space.

Not a very strong understanding of space judging by your claims about "the google earth satellite". Since you aren't a scientist, why not actually listen to what they say? The asteroid will not hit Earth.
edit on 2/12/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)





Do they take those images from an airplane? Or maybe a really really long stick, with a camera on the end? How do they do it?

Just wondering, since you seem to know so much about it....



lmgtfy.com...#



That should help you. You could have done this yourself.





new topics

top topics



 
40
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join