It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slenderman

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Go to Youtube and then write and click the name Slenderman and you will know what I'm talking about.
I think Slenderman , a tall black suited man with tentacles for arms and a faceless small white, bald head, matches the "Windigo" which has tentacles to seize victims in snowstorms-according to North American Native American "Myths" or stories handed down from one generation to the next ,since the first man was formed on thus earth. For Instance the recent massacre and mutilation of Russian hikers -found all drained of blood in a snowstorm in the foothills of the Ural Mountains(see Youtube on ufos) . I think it was the Urals. But anyway, this Slenderman should be catagorized in "Aliens&Ufos" instead of the "Paranormal " section of ATS. The Indians insist it has tentacles and stalks its victims during snowstorms, leaving them in treetops as mummified carcasses all drained of blood. A Russian or Soviet Army Patrol was also massacred by this creature(Windigo) during a snowstorm and the corpses were found drained of blood and badly burned by radiation.Slenderman has been with us for centuries and may be behind vampire legends in Europe(Dracula), and the "Goat Sucker" ( I can,t spell it in Spanish) of Mexico and South America. So, we should put Slenderman among the ufo culprits that mutilate cattle and other animals and as well as humans too.So what do you think about Slenderman?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by siluriancryptic

chupacabra ,is this the word you were looking for

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I love Slenderman.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

So what do you think about Slenderman?

Never heard of him , but I did find this on Fakelore and the creation of the Slenderman myth .

An example of this in Internet cultures, or urban-legend folklore is Slender Man or Slenderman, a fakelore tale created on June 8, 2009 by user Victor Surge on Something Awful, which gained prominence as a frightening malevolent entity, a tall thin man wearing a suit, who lacks a face, "his" head only being blank, white and featureless.

A contest had been launched on Something Awful forums to edit photographs so that they contained "supernatural" entities and then pass them off as legitimate on paranormal forums.

After the initial creation, numerous stories and videos were created by fans of the character. One of them includes the story that another Something Awful user (ce gars) posted in which a (fictional) friend of his from film school – Alex Kralie – had stumbled upon something troubling while shooting his first feature-length project, Marble Hornets, which is actually a short film series that involves alternate reality portrayal of the filmers' experiences with the Slender Man character as if he existed
Fakelore

The contest required participants to turn ordinary photographs into creepy-looking images through digital manipulation and then pass them on as authentic photographs on a number of paranormal forums. Something Awful users soon began sharing their faux-paranormal creations with layered images of ghosts and other anomalies, usually accompanied by a fabricated witness account to make them more convincing. On June 10th, SA user Victor Surge posted two black and white photographs of unnamed children with a short description of “Slender Man” as a mysterious creature who stalked children.
Slender Man

So it seems that he's a creation of the internet .

edit on 12-2-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I hope you know slenderman originated from ' Something Awful Forum '.

Also your post is a strange mixture of weird ramblings about russians and then back to slenderman, no sources or anything.

This forums quality is slowly but surely going down the drain :/

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Slenderman isn't real, it's a fabrication from an internet forum. It was actually based off of a mannequin though.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Slenderman... Slenderman... multi-tentacled Slenderman. Is he strong? Listen bud... he drinks radioactive blood.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by VoidFire

Haha he does look like a mannequin!

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Slenderman is just a urban legend and has no factual evidence, its more of a form of entertainment with friends.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

how funny,, i just had a dream last week that i my friend was chased by a yeti,, (in winter surroundings)
and when i joined his great escape and looked behind me, it wasnt a yeti, it was slenderman,
that was a really weird dream,, we just kept running a circle and he was always right behind us

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

I thought this Slenderman was a video-game character. My 12 year old daughter was obsessed with it for a few weeks. While I'm not really following the rambling OP, with all of the interest I do wonder if we are not witnessing the birth of a bit of folklore, and one that has it's origins completely on-line. Techno-myth that strikes a primal chord. Interesting juxtaposition.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I knew that he was fabricated, but the fact that you looked into this to gain some concrete evidence is pretty cool. Makes me wonder if maybe Slendy is out there somewhere.. *shudder*

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by siluriancryptic
Go to Youtube and then write and click the name Slenderman and you will know what I'm talking about.
I think Slenderman , a tall black suited man with tentacles for arms and a faceless small white, bald head, matches the "Windigo" which has tentacles to seize victims in snowstorms-according to North American Native American "Myths" or stories handed down from one generation to the next ,since the first man was formed on thus earth. For Instance the recent massacre and mutilation of Russian hikers -found all drained of blood in a snowstorm in the foothills of the Ural Mountains(see Youtube on ufos) . I think it was the Urals. But anyway, this Slenderman should be catagorized in "Aliens&Ufos" instead of the "Paranormal " section of ATS. The Indians insist it has tentacles and stalks its victims during snowstorms, leaving them in treetops as mummified carcasses all drained of blood. A Russian or Soviet Army Patrol was also massacred by this creature(Windigo) during a snowstorm and the corpses were found drained of blood and badly burned by radiation.Slenderman has been with us for centuries and may be behind vampire legends in Europe(Dracula), and the "Goat Sucker" ( I can,t spell it in Spanish) of Mexico and South America. So, we should put Slenderman among the ufo culprits that mutilate cattle and other animals and as well as humans too.So what do you think about Slenderman?

If the Russian hiker "massacre" in the Urals you're referring to is the "Dyatlov Pass Incident", I have never seen the Slender Man as one of the theories as to what happened there. It took place in the 1950's and there are no accounts of the bodies being drained of blood.
It's hard to debate the Slender Man myth here since you give no links or info on the specific cases you are referring to.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
OP you know Slenderman was created by the internet

and is a complete work of FICTION right?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Here we have yet another fine example of yet another "My inane and completely unoriginal thoughts on poorly researched subject X" topic.

Please think before embarrassing yourself online more so than you already do by mouth breathing through life with wide gawking entirely gullible and clueless ignorant eyes, even if this is an anonymous online forum.

Slenderman is an internet creation made up for the specific purpose hoaxing paranormal internet forums.
Read about this Slenderman toward the bottom of the Wiki article on Fakelore.

edit on 12-2-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

Or you could... You know... Lighten up.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by redhorse

This is how facts get skewed though....People not doing proper research (or reading the bottom of a page)

we can get into a lot of trouble like this

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

Originally posted by DrNotforhire

This is how facts get skewed though....People not doing proper research (or reading the bottom of a page)

we can get into a lot of trouble like this

Perhaps. But there are better ways to say it than with a silly diatribe that includes ad hominem attacks like "mouth breather" and really, REALLY bad punctuation and grammar.

(Sorry, had to add that last bit. The irony was a knee slapper.)

And I will still maintain that the interest in this made-up creature, and even the misinformation being bandied about regarding it makes for the beginnings of a urban legend/myth. That is interesting.
edit on 12-2-2013 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I agree, he went to far, I think my post was a little more concise, and you are right the irony is too good to pass up...
But in all reality, Slenderman is a cool story its an internet phenomenon... the problem is, its becoming main stream and people are taking it as truth, thats dangerous (not in this instance) but it shows how gullible the generations are.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhorse

Or you could... You know... Lighten up.

No.
You may as well speculate with all due seriousness on the possibility for Bigfoot sightings actually being sightings of The Easter Bunny while mixing several other non-related and completely fictitious mythologies together along with Jim Henson muppets as if all of it was entirely real.

No. Anyone falling for and believing any such sort of nonsense needs be slapped soundly.

The board motto is Deny Ignorance, not Entertain Stupidity, Lighten Up, or Confederacy of Dunces.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join