It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No fluoride in my water....Doctor prescribes what for my 9 month old daughter? Fluoride supplement?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
People are just nuts. I've seen mothers at the store buy bottled water that has extra fluoride. It was water for infants to. I felt like barfing.

People really need to become more aware of the research into how fluoride affects IQ ect. It doesn't matter WHY its there, it matters only now that we figure out just WHAT its doing to us and learn ways to get it out of the water cheaply. The other thing is awareness, we need to spread it.

I just use a spring: findaspring.com

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Have ya'll see the video "The Fluoride Deception - an interview with Christopher Bryson"? It explains a great deal.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

im an environmental scientist, i work in contaminated land, and contamination in general, biological, chemical, metals, you name it. Im australian. our water is flouridated. i actually manage a site with flouride contamination (because there is so much concentrated flouride, not because flouride is toxic, everything is toxic once concentrations reach a certain point)

I dont see any problem with flouride in water, and im specifically trained to deal with human health hazrds in the environment.

So my next point is, why are many of you so dead certain its bad for you, or your being lied too, and why wont you listen to people who have real, tangible expertise and knowledge in these fiels of science? what we are all nefarious and on the TPTB payroll? or are you just a bit to paranoid and dont believe in hard science because to you its just black majic you dont understand

Get a grip people. Your starting to sound as bad as the anti vaccers.

WAIT WHATS THAT? YOUR ALL ANTI VACCERS AS WELL? WHAT A COINCIDENCE!

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by EllaMarina

i hear this all the time. Listen carefully, Flouride is flouride, whether its an industrial by prodoct or you extract it from a natural source, its all the same. Just like water is water. Doenst matter where it comes from, if it is chemically pure it is EXACTLY the same regardless of its origin

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeReasonable

im an environmental scientist, i work in contaminated land, and contamination in general, biological, chemical, metals, you name it. Im australian. our water is flouridated. i actually manage a site with flouride contamination (because there is so much concentrated flouride, not because flouride is toxic, everything is toxic once concentrations reach a certain point)

I dont see any problem with flouride in water, and im specifically trained to deal with human health hazrds in the environment.

So my next point is, why are many of you so dead certain its bad for you, or your being lied too, and why wont you listen to people who have real, tangible expertise and knowledge in these fiels of science? what we are all nefarious and on the TPTB payroll? or are you just a bit to paranoid and dont believe in hard science because to you its just black majic you dont understand

Actually some people believe it is their human right to have clean water to drink, to cook with, and to bathe in. In America, fluoride compounds are unavoidable in the air (from air pollution), in the water, in foods, in beverages, in pharmaceuticals, in dental floss, in mouthwash, in Teflon cookware, etc. Unless you find a way to survive on distilled water, you can't avoid fluoride compounds. Its a known neurotoxin. Harvard School of Public Health acknowledges its a neurotoxin. Its a general protoplasmic poison. Its more toxic than lead and only slightly less toxic than arsenic. Its an enzyme poison.

Read online article, "It's Pollution Stupid" by George Glasser. It's from the National Pure Water Association.
www.npwa.org.uk...:qits-pollution-stupidq&catid=35:fluoride-articles

You may, or may not, agree with the article but some people feel entitled to have as pure water as possible coming out of their tap. They are the ones paying for the water, after all. It's not a freebie. Do you think clean water is too much to ask for?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by BeReasonable

Get a grip people. Your starting to sound as bad as the anti vaccers. WAIT WHATS THAT? YOUR ALL ANTI VACCERS AS WELL? WHAT A COINCIDENCE!

not because flouride is toxic

It is well known to be a neurotoxin. Studies have shown that it can lower your I.Q. There is little or no effect on preventing tooth decay.

Im australian. our water is flouridated

That would explain a lot of things.

Flouride is flouride, whether its an industrial by prodoct or you extract it from a natural source, its all the same. Just like water is water. Doenst matter where it comes from, if it is chemically pure it is EXACTLY the same regardless of its origin

They are absolutely not the same.

or are you just a bit to paranoid and dont believe in hard science because to you its just black majic you dont understand

How about this, GFYS.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeReasonable

Get out your toothpaste and read the warning label on the back of it! Flouride is a poison and not safe at any level to be ingested! If it does prevent tooth decay that remains to be seen but it has been proven that it only
works through topical application! When fouride is added to water there can be no way to determine how much of this poison we are ingesting! These are not paronoid delusions but proven facts so please do some real research instead of spouting contrived and incomprehensible nonsense!

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   

So far, most of the thing that i hear about fluoride (unless it's about brushing teeth) isn't good. From shutting down your pineal gland (3rd eye) to make kids dumb .... Now i'm not a doc, but free fluoride pills... for 9 years?! Unless the kid has specific medical condition, it sounds crazy.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Where exactly did you get your info about the negative ion ending "ide?" Im not an expert but I know your body needs sodium chloride, potassium iodide, plus oxide in general. Dihydrogen monoxide or water is another that ends in ide. I thought of all of those just off the top of my head, so please present your information, and I shall use it to ask my P.hD professor of anatomy about it.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Horrifying, not something new on the doctors side. I try my best to stay away from all fluoride. My mother has the same attitude, "if the doctor said we should you know its good for you". I research EVERYTHING the doctor gives me and I cut-out fluoride about half a year ago never looking back.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

Very interesting. My grandmother brushed her teeth with baking soda all of her life and never had cavities. She had all of her teeth and they were pretty and strong. She didn't believe in using regular toothpaste.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   

You show your wife AND your Dr. This Doc. Then you REFUSE to give fluoride to your kid. Stand up for you right!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I'm not sure if this link has been posted, but here you go, well cited reasons fluoride is bad.

www.fluoridealert.org...

And for everyone complaining that it doesn't cause problems, how about a nice superficial self image issue. Not only did I get lots of cavities, I have severe mottling of my teeth from fluoride.
it's so bad a dentist took pictures to use as an example. When I was a teenager I hated smiling because then I'd get asked about (or made fun of because) my teeth. Even at 30 I would love to have veneers so I can hide it.

For the person trying to say the antifluoride crowd must be anti-vaccine, the answer to that is not at all. Although I respect the right to decide if vaccination is something you want, my child is vaccinated. My mom stopped all fluoride treatments after my teeth came in with fluorosis. She did research and determined it was not worth the risk. She allowed fluoride treatments before that, and that's when I started getting cavities. After her research and my tooth issues, my dentist started asking people to sign a release before treatments.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Most groundwater naturally contains fluoride.

I used to be in the water industry, and we added fluoride to the water system as mandated by the state.

You do not need anymore fluoride than your toothpaste provides.

Hydrofluorosilicic acid, is a byproduct from the manufacturing of fertilizer.

I drink bottled water, mostly from spring fed sources, and use filtered water for cooking. Filtering water doesn't remove fluoride however.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Skeptical07

I always love it when people use the word entitled.

Yes, I'm entitled to drink as clean as can be water coming from my tap. Adding poison to anything should be a crime, don't you think? I suppose you wouldn't agree with that.

I haven't done a lot of research into fluoride, but I seem to remember that the acid byproduct from manufacturing fertilizer, was simply waste and companies didn't know what to do with it. Then someone figured, hey, lets add it to water, and make people think it's good for them.

Propaganda at it's finest.

Wait...............Lets just deregulate everything, that way we can ingest more and more poisons, and eat contaminated food. Breath contaminated air, and I suppose there are thousands of other ways the Koch Brothers can make billions more, if it weren't for those dastardly regulations.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I also used to work in the water industry (was an environmental engineer), and fluoride is added to our water system specifically to protect young children's teeth. If my memory serves me right, it was in response to parents who don't take care of their children's teeth.

The maximum set by EPA is 4ppm but I don't ever recall seeing any number past 1.5 ppm in terms of drinking water treatment. How much is in the pills the pediatrician gave you?

I looked at that Harvard School of Public Health study with China Medical University. Actually I looked at a few different sites regarding the 27 studies they had. I can't do a full comment because all I can read are summaries and not the actual variables. Based on the info I gathered from the different sites, however, it sounds like they're comparing villages with extremes in fluoride. No number was actually given, just "higher than average". Some sound like they were in villages where the groundwater has naturally large amount of fluoride and others sound like they are due to contamination. Yes, some variables were said to be eliminated from later studies such as lead, but there are probably many other factors that are left out of the equation. The fact is, these are villages, not controlled environments. The scientists can only look at the main controls but they likely can't consider everything.

And then at the end of it all, the difference in IQ was a mean of 9. I don't know that much about IQ in children, but it doesn't seem that significant to me given that its not in a controlled environment.

That said, are your child's teeth healthy and well taken care of? if so, I see no problem with choosing not to add whatever type of fluoride into his/her diet. I do believe you should have the final say in what your child ingest.

I just dislike the attitude of those people who don't take personal responsibility and claims they're this or that way because the government put fluoride in their water (which isn't you,unless your child grows up with some non-ideal issue and you blame the government for that).

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
thank you for making this thread! i had heard of some fluoride claims before but hadn't really looked into it. After reading through this thread and going to the links and reading some of the research my eyes have been opened! I was discussing this with my wife last night and she didn't even care about all the studies, her quote "a study can be done to have any outcome you want it to have" which i conceded, but just the fact that the fluoride they add is a toxic waste product from aluminum and fertilizer manufacturing was reason enough for us to try and get away from fluoride!

unfortunately being in the US my city does add fluoride to the water
i have an almost 4 year old and almost 1 year old daughters so i started looking at bottled water alternatives. From what i can tell nestle pure life purified bottled water should be fluoride free. Their bottle and what i can find online says that they use a reverse osmosis filtering method to purify their water, so they should be fluoride free because of that from what i understand. We were already using fluoride free toothpaste for them since they are still learning and would swallow toothpaste so we will continue that. Just need to find some for my wife and myself
obviously in this day and age its going to be impossible to avoid fluoride in everything so all you can do is try and reduce the intake of it as much as you can.

on another note, how does one go about getting their city to vote on not adding fluoride to the water supply anymore? i'm not in to politics and local government so i have no idea where to even start with that.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

It's not exactly a poison. It's just not healthy in large doses.

I'm happy to say that the only problem I have is over chlorinated water. So at most, I get heart burn.

The fact of the matter is that you eat fluoride all the time. Fruits, Vegetables, and Dairy products all have small doses of it. Naturally.

And do you know why?

Because it's a naturally occurring element on Earth that you cannot avoid.

Sure, limit your intake. And yes, don't take the pills. But you are not going to avoid Florine. It's not something physically possible to avoid.

I am by no means trying to keep my daughter away from fluoride, there are tons of drinks and foods that contain it......I am trying to keep my daughter from ingesting MUCH MORE than comes naturally....

If fluoride is in lots of things we ingest daily, why should I supplement her more to a toxic level?? Not gonna happen!

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ATSdelurker

I will have to get back to you on the amount in the supplement the doctor prescribed....

No her teeth aren't in great condition, althought she doesn't have any yet, but I am sure they will be just fine without poisoning her.....

Her baby teeth will be starting to come in, there are some small holes in her gums where teeth are starting to show....

By the way, my emote does not use fluoride for it's pearly whites!!!

edit on 2/14/2013 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join