It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No fluoride in my water....Doctor prescribes what for my 9 month old daughter? Fluoride supplement?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

ALL the studies are flawed. The failure to account for inhalation, mucosal, and dermal exposures to fluorides is the most significant flaw in fluoride research. It invalidates all dosage conclusions based solely an ingestion of fluoride through tap water. We can only work with what research we have. I'd like to know why we have to look to other countries for neurological studies on fluoride compounds. Why weren't these neurological studies done before adding fluoride to the publics tap water to begin with? What was the rush to put this neurotoxin in the publics tap water?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
reply to post by Skeptical07

Another one of the studies used 100 ppm water in rats! there's 1ppm in our water, and we are much bigger than rats.

I gave you a star for the effort, but those studies all seem to be flawed.
edit on 12-2-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

Lotsa edits there. Anyways.. I'm sick of people claiming "in moderation its fine" or "a little won't hurt". When dealing with toxins and toxic chemicals, ANY AMOUNT IS TOO MUCH. Why would you want any? It makes no sense.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I always been told that flouride in the water helped your teeth when it came in contact with them.. not in your bloodstream?

Fluoride that your child ingests either in food or water enters the bloodstream and becomes incorporated in the tooth enamel even before the teeth erupt, making them strong and more resistant to decay. Fluoride applied topically through toothpaste or by your dentist also makes the teeth more resistant to decay and strengthens the enamel as it repairs itself from normal wear. Fluoride is a naturally-occurring trace mineral, and like calcium, iron and other minerals, it is often found naturally in water. Unlike other minerals, it has a narrow risk/benefit ratio. This means that just the right amount of fluoride helps the teeth and too much harms the teeth, causing a condition called fluorosis. While most cases of fluorosis are mild, causing a few white spots or patches on the teeth, more severe cases can cause a brownish mottling and weaken enamel. Because it's important to give infants and children just the right amount of fluoride, it is available only by prescription and should be given to your infant or children only in the exact dosage your doctor prescribes. There are many myths that persist about fluoride, but these have been disproven. Fluoride does not cause weaker bones or cancer.
www.askdrsears.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Fluoride is only supposed to be applied topically? (Which I don't believe in anyway, I think it is harmful to teeth, regardless of how it's dosed.)

Aside from that, why are they giving flouride pills to a baby? Does it have teeth yet? Is it on it's "adult teeth" yet? I'm guessing that is a solid no. Pills go straight to the digestive system and enter the bloodstream and mess you up. Fluoride is not a "vitamin".

Unbelievable

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Shocking! That is a good idea to have her do her own research on this. Limiting all toxins you can is the right way to go. Notice that there are lot of toothpastes now without flouride in them. Although they do have sodium lourel sulfate. Go figure.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
fluoride isn't a nutrient. It's a poison. It has topical benefits to teeth, but once it leaves the mouth, the benefits stop. Swallowing it will not result in being circulated back through the bloodstream and into your teeth.

Your doctor is an idiot. Glad you caught that. 9 months year old? These people pushing it to the doctors should be hung. Doctors should do their own research. Freaking ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I tested the water in the congress buildings and there's no flouride there!...what about that??....also, sometimes the amount being added to municipal systems is tracked wrong and too much by far...( 625%) gets added.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
On PubMed.gov
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

"Fluoridation: a fifty-year-old accepted but unconfirmed hypothesis"

"The fifty-year-old fluoridation hypothesis has not been confirmed. Despite this, millions of people are still medicated with fluoride by government decree, on the assumption that this process has been proved to be entirely safe, and very efficacious in reducing dental caries. In fact, the scientific basis of fluoridation is very unsatisfactory. It is promoted, in the main, by emotion-based 'endorsements' rather than by scientifically-acceptable evidence."
PMID: 3059145

On PubMed.gov
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

"Fluoridation: a violation of medical ethics and human rights"

"Silicofluorides­, used in water fluoridation, are unlicensed medicinal substances, administered to populations without informed consent or supervision by a qualified medical practitioner. Silicofluorides have never been submitted to the U.S. FDA for approval as medicines. The ethical validity of fluoridation policy does not stand up to scrutiny to the Nuremberg Code and other codes of medical ethics."
PMID: 12749628

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Many countries around the world are skeptical of the benefits of adding fluoride to drinking water. Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, Japan and China have all recognized that water fluoridation is not a safe and fair practice.

Hereford, Texas was touted as the “town without a toothache” because high levels of natural water fluoride discoloured the townsfolk’s teeth but, we were told, they didn’t have any or few cavities. However, 12 to 14-year-olds living in Hereford, Texas, where the water was naturally fluoridated at 3.1 ppm, 100% had dental fluorosis; but only 38% were caries free, that is, 62% had dental caries.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by bacci0909
This is just one reason why it's so important to pro-create with someone who shares your ideals

That was a hilarious statement for me, like we have much say in the matter of significant others. My significant other is more trusting and dumbed-down than the OP's wife, but, for better or worse, I'm not leaving because of that. Unfortunately, mostly by chance, some of us are more cursed than others.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
My town recently voted to remove fluoride from our drinking water and I agree with this decision. I should be understood that the reason the authorities added this poison to our water supply is thus-Our town used to be a war zone on Halloween.I was very young at this age(an innocent person). To the best of my knowledge no one every got hurt in any way; but the people 4-5 years older than me where making things that caused a great deal of damage to our towns infrastructure(this was before 9-11). Things went BOOM!(like the local electricity transfer station one year). The only people that where afraid were the authorities(we just didn't go downtown). I think there was just something wrong with that generation;after they graduated from high-school things went back a passive state. For me it was like I was trick-or-treating in the middle east(but about ten years before 9-11). I think the fluoride was added to our water supply a few years before I was exposed to this reality in an attempt to pacify the population(maybe even before that). Even at the time this was happening the punishment for being caught would have been life.Because of the actions of ten people or less(I really don't know how many),our community was rated the most violent place in all of Canada. Thankfully all that ended about 10 years ago and our community no longer has the people that gave us a bad name(thankfully not one person was injured or maimed over the 5-10 years of destruction.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

There's no greater evidence than what your eyes and ears tell you!
edit on 12-2-2013 by bri6844 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

I would like to believe that with the majority of the replies
it is Say no to fluoride..
Ive seen a number of doctors that prescribe the Gerber brand water with fluoride to mix with
the soy based formula..
Parents today seem to be rather dumb and believe what their doctor tells them blindly.
Soy is bad, fluoride is bad.
And what baby needs fluoride treatment when they dont even have teeth yet???

So,, Yes.. say no to fluoride

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Thanks for bringing this up Chrisfishenstein.

My doctor had also prescribed my youngest daughter a flouride supplement at a very young age (must have been around 9 months old as well) because our town water does not contain flouride, which I think is great.
I have brought it up to him that flouride is a poison that I think shouldn't be ingested for any reason. He then goes on to telling me that it is just a tiny amount and how/why it is beneficial for the teeth and so on and so forth. He seemed to be really pushing it on me. I picked it up at the pharmacy but never gave it to her. I eventually just threw it away.

He also kept recommending the flu shot at her 18 month check up recently but I kept refusing. He really was pushing for that as well. She has not gotten sick so far as I can tell and if she has it was very mild. Everyone else in our house has gotten a pretty bad flu though. But I'd rather let my body do what it's supposed to do naturally. I just help my immune system fight it by doing the usual measures; eating healthy, washing hands often, and taking Liposomal Vitamin C.

Also, my husband is with me on this. We research various topics together.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Cherry0

Time to get a new doctor..
good call on the vaccines..

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Right on, thats good news. At least you are aware of that acid crap from phosphate mines they think should somehow magically make us better.

Should ask that doctor questions like...

What is fluoride?

Where does this come from?

Has this been tested to be safe ever with children?

Do you drink sunscreen to protect your skin, so why would you eat fluoride to protect your teeth?

Anyways, that doc needs some REAL schooling. Its called 'non medical schooling' cause its all bogus junk. Nice post made me feel better. Thumbs

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
So my wife took our 9 month old daughter into the doctor's office for her checkup, my wife was told the county we live in does NOT have fluoride in the water supply......

Here I sit listening to her and am thinking GREAT, now I don't have to fear drinking our tap water when I mix iced tea or coolade.....

Wait what? Or coolade? Kind of ironic, maybe you should check the ingredients.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Did anyone ever tell you that lead ingestion contributed to dental caries? No one ever told me.

"Enamel biopsies taken from school children in a community where exposure to lead was a health hazard were analyzed for lead and fluoride. The children with high enamel lead had significantly higher caries scores than the children with low enamel lead, in spite of the fact that the high lead group also was higher in enamel fluoride. There was no increase in enamel lead with age. The lead in saliva was only a fraction of that in blood. Infants with lead poisoning showed higher saliva lead than a normal infant."

See, "Lead in Enamel and Saliva, Dental Caries and the Use of Enamel Biopsies for Measuring Past Exposure to Lead"
jdr.sagepub.com...

The fluoride in their teeth did not prevent the caries.

Lead is passed on from mother to child. The child doesn't necessarily have to ingest the lead. It can be transferred by the mother to her offspring, just like fluoride.

See "Association of Dental Caries and Blood Lead Levels" in JAMA.
jama.jamanetwork.com...

See PubMed.gov
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

"Blood lead level and dental caries in school-age children"

"Mean blood lead level was significantly greater among the urban subgroup, as was the mean number of carious tooth surfaces. Blood lead level was positively associated with number of caries among urban children, even with adjustment for demographic and maternal factors and child dental practices."This study suggests that the fluoridation of water can lead to higher lead levels:

See PubMed.gov
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

"Association of silicofluoride treated water with elevated blood lead"

"Chronic, low-level dosage of silicofluoride (SiF) has never been adequately tested for health effects in humans. We report here on a statistical study of 151,225 venous blood lead (VBL) tests taken from children ages 0-6 inclusive, living in 105 communities of populations from 15,000 to 75,000. For every age/race group, there was a consistently significant association of SiF treated community water and elevated blood lead. The highest likelihood of children having VBL> 10 microg/dL occurs when they are exposed to SiF treated water and subject to another risk factor known to be associated with high blood lead (e.g., old housing)."

oehha.ca.gov...

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
So my wife took our 9 month old daughter into the doctor's office for her checkup, my wife was told the county we live in does NOT have fluoride in the water supply......

Here I sit listening to her and am thinking GREAT, now I don't have to fear drinking our tap water when I mix iced tea or coolade.....

Wait what? Or coolade? Kind of ironic, maybe you should check the ingredients.

Everyone is in a different stage of enlightenment. If he's still drinking coolade, I'm guessing about level 2 of 10. The concern for fluoride does show some promise, though.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join