It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No fluoride in my water....Doctor prescribes what for my 9 month old daughter? Fluoride supplement?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Fluoride is neurotoxic.

See PubMed.gov
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

"Developmental fluoride neurotoxicity: a systematic review and meta-analysis"

"Although fluoride may cause neurotoxicity in animal models and acute fluoride poisoning causes neurotoxicity in adults, very little is known of its effects on children's neurodevelopment. We performed a systematic review and meta-analysis of published studies to investigate the effects of increased fluoride exposure and delayed neurobehavioral development. We searched the MEDLINE, EMBASE, Water Resources Abstracts, and TOXNET databases through 2011 for eligible studies. We also searched the China National Knowledge Infrastructure (CNKI) database, because many studies on fluoride neurotoxicity have been published in Chinese journals only. In total, we identified 27 eligible epidemiological studies with high and reference exposures, end points of IQ scores, or related cognitive function measures with means and variances for the two exposure groups. Using random-effects models, we estimated the standardized mean difference between exposed and reference groups across all studies. We conducted sensitivity analyses restricted to studies using the same outcome assessment and having drinking-water fluoride as the only exposure. Thus, children in high-fluoride areas had significantly lower IQ scores than those who lived in low-fluoride areas. Subgroup and sensitivity analyses also indicated inverse associations, although the substantial heterogeneity did not appear to decrease.Conclusions: The results support the possibility of an adverse effect of high fluoride exposure on children's neurodevelopment. Future research should include detailed individual-level information on prenatal exposure, neurobehavioral performance, and covariates for adjustment."
PMID: 22820538

Per Harvard School of Public Health - (July 25, 2012)--

"Some studies suggested that even slightly increased fluoride exposure could be toxic to the brain."...

"Fluoride seems to fit in with LEAD, MERCURY, and other POISONS that cause chemical brain drain," Grandjean says. "The effect of each toxicant may seem small, but the combined damage on a population scale can be serious, especially because the brain power of the next generation is crucial to all of us."

www.hsph.harvard.edu...

Note that Harvard School of Public Health compares fluoride to LEAD, MERCURY and other POISONS.

They did not compare fluoride to nutrients such as calcium, magnesium or iodine.

Why would parents with common sense want to force their children to drink or bathe in a POISON such as LEAD or MERCURY every single day? It is beyond reason. Alarm bells should be going off in peoples heads. Normal people try to AVOID poisons such as lead and mercury.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
On PubMed.gov
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

"Effects of the fluoride on the central nervous system"

"INTRODUCTION: Fluoride (F) is a toxic and reactive element, and exposure to it passes almost unnoticed, with the consumption of tea, fish, meat, fruits, etcetera and articles of common use such as: toothpaste additives; dental gels, non-stick pans and razor blades as Teflon. It has also been used with the intention of reducing the dental cares.

DEVELOPMENT: Fluoride can accumulate in the body, and it has been shown that continuous exposure to it causes damaging effects on body tissues, particularly the nervous system directly without any previous physical malformations.

BACKGROUND: Several clinical and experimental studies have reported that the F induces changes in cerebral morphology and biochemistry that affect the neurological development of individuals as well as cognitive processes, such as learning and memory. F can be toxic by ingesting one part per million (ppm), and the effects they are not immediate, as they can take 20 years or more to become evident.

CONCLUSION: The prolonged ingestion of F may cause significant damage to health and particularly to the nervous system. Therefore, it is important to be aware of this serious problem and avoid the use of toothpaste and items that contain F, particularly in children as they are more susceptible to the toxic effects of Fluoride."
PMID: 21255877

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
On PubMed.gov
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

"Association of silicofluoride treated water with elevated blood lead"

"Chronic, low-level dosage of silicofluoride (SiF) has never been adequately tested for health effects in humans. We report here on a statistical study of 151,225 venous blood lead (VBL) tests taken from children ages 0-6 inclusive, living in 105 communities of populations from 15,000 to 75,000. For every age/race group, there was a consistently significant association of SiF treated community water and elevated blood lead. The highest likelihood of children having VBL> 10 microg/dL occurs when they are exposed to SiF treated water and subject to another risk factor known to be associated with high blood lead (e.g., old housing)."
PMID: 11233755

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Fluoride may even make your future grandchildren stupid.

See PubMed.gov
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

"Fluoride toxicity and status of serum thyroid hormones, brain histopathology, and learning memory in rats: a multigenerational assessment"

"In the T-maze experiments, the fluoride-treated group showed poor acquisition and retention and higher latency when compared with the control. The alterations were more profound in the third generation when compared with the first- and second-generation fluoride-treated group. Changes in the thyroid hormone levels in the present study might have imbalanced the oxidant/antioxidant system, which further led to a reduction in learning memory ability. Hence, presence of generational or cumulative effects of fluoride on the development of the offspring when it is ingested continuously through multiple generations is evident from the present study."
PMID: 21755305

On PubMed.gov
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

"Evaluation of fluoride-induced oxidative stress in rat brain: a multigeneration study"

"Decreased feed and water consumption, litter size and organ (brain) somatic index, marginal drop in body growth rate and mortality were observed in all three generations. Decreased antioxidant enzyme activity and increased malondialdehyde levels found in the present study might be related to oxidative damage that occurs variably in discrete regions of the brain. Results of this study can be taken as an index of neurotoxicity in rats exposed to water fluoridation over several generations."
PMID: 20658207

Fluoride may damage the heart muscles of your future children or grandchildren.

het.sagepub.com...

"Effects of chronic ingestion of sodium fluoride on myocardium in a second generation..."

"The present results revealed that prolonged ingestion of fluoride through drinking water, particularly with high doses, induced significant histopathological and biochemical changes leading to myocardial tissue damage."

Fluoride may damage the lungs of your future children or grandchildren.

On PubMed.gov
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

"Histopathological and biochemical changes in lung tissues of rats following administration of fluoride over several generations"

"This multigenerational evaluation of the long-term effect of different doses of fluoride intake through drinking water on lung damage shows that the lung tissues were damaged, there was emphysema and inflammation of lung parenchyma associated with loss of alveolar architecture and the degree of lung damage seemed to correlate with the increased dosage of fluoride."
PMID: 14635268

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Also it RUINS teeth in the long term:

Check out how Lubbock TX has the WORST teeth in America and a VERY high amount of fluoride in the water. here:
lubbockonline.com...

and fluorosis image search on Bing:
www.bing.com...
(warning! icky teeth pix)

This aside from the warning on your toothpaste why would you EVER server your child a class 6 poison?
australianfluorideaction.com...
www.indybay.org...
curezone.com...

A class 6 poison is so dangerous they have to be careful how they transport it. I believe they are supposed to avoid putting it on planes for this reason. It usually is transported by boat or ground services.
en.wikipedia.org...
www.shippinglabels.com...

There are simply SO many reasons to just say NO to fluoride ingestion and use on the human body. Say NO and help educate others!

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Skeptical07

So Fluoride in the water causes increased lead in the blood, only when people live in old houses made with lead?

Another one of the studies used 100 ppm water in rats! there's 1ppm in our water, and we are much bigger than rats.

I gave you a star for the effort, but those studies all seem to be flawed.
edit on 12-2-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I'm not an expert on fluoride but....

When I was a small child my friend and I were being silly....don't ask me why but we thought it would be fun to sandwich toothpaste between the two half's of a custard cream biscuit and eat it....

I can still remember the excruciating stomach cramp's and vomiting to this day! I ended up with acute fluoride toxicity. The actual amount of toothpaste I ingested wasn't really that much....maybe less than 10%% of a tube.

I know it would be argued that the amount although small that I ingested in one sitting was more than the "safe" amount...but I do know from personal experience how very very toxic fluoride is!

I live in the UK and i live in an area that is in the 90% that doesn't have fluoride in it's drinking water. I have 5 kids, I was offered fluoride supplement's for my eldest daughter ( which I declined) but i have NEVER been offered them for my other 4.
Infact my dentist as told me that although he can prescribe them, he would only consider it for those children considered high risk for cavities with a very poor dental health record.....the reason for this is because he as to outweigh the benefit's against the risk's....because it can be common for them to cause dental fluorosis ( white spot's on the teeth)

Again I'm not an expert, I am only using a certain amount of common sense ....but I find it illogical to presume or claim that enamel is the only tissue in the body that can be adversely effected by these low daily dose's of this ingested poison.There is a poison circulating children's bodies that can cause damage to tooth forming cell's....so what other damage may it be causing that isn't so apparent as discoloured teeth?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
When my son was getting his first checkup (he just turned 2), they gave me the fluoride pitch and suggested we do a fluoride treatment since I had not been brushing his teeth with anything that has it in it. I stopped her right there, and said under no circumstance will he be getting any of that. I gave the excuse that since he will swallow anything you put in his mouth just about, we're not doing fluoride toothpaste until he knows to spit it all out. In reality of course he won't have it ever if I have a say in it, which I do. I asked her the reason she thinks fluoride is important. She said it is a vitamin.

And that was a fun day for all involved.
edit on 12-2-2013 by fourthmeal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

What the hell?! Its been proven Fluoride is a Neurotoxin that lowers IQ. NOT conspiracy theory just recent medical science FACT.

www.reuters.com...

Proof.

Man I would have has STRONG words with that doctor! Suggesting your wife poison you daughter for 9 years cause brain damage and limit her potential for life......

Mmmmmm Needless to say I would have driven down there and caused a scene!. A loud, Angry how fuc*ing dare you piece of sh*t mindless scum. I wonder how many children's lives he has ruined potentially just because he went to medical school and passed all the government approved tests.....

I commend you for you actions. I cant see myself handling that situation without it escalating into becoming hostile :/ Im sure others have there opinions but to me ""A guy in a suit suggested your wife poison you daughter for 9 years"" Hope you convince your wife that you are doing the right thing.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
When i lived with my parents who had well water, my teeth were perfect.

When i moved out and into my first apartment with fluorinated city water , just over a year later i had my first 3 cavities.
edit on 12-2-2013 by WP4YT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Was only introduced in my state, Queensland, in 2008...

I wish I had of known it was ALL suburbs -_-

Fluride in Australia

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
We know that fluoride causes "dental fluorosis" which is dental DAMAGE. Dental fluorosis causes mottled, pitted, and BRITTLE teeth. Those white spots which occur on teeth from early dental fluorosis usually turn dark yellow, or brown, as we age.

See article from book "Comparative Toxicity of Fluorine Compounds" (online) page 791...

"Mottled teeth are not only disfiguring in appearance but are so defective in structure and strength that they often have to be replaced by false teeth at an early age."

pubs.acs.org...

Note the footnote in lower left of page in "Comparative Toxicity of Fluorine Compounds", page 791:

"Fluoride determinations made by the modified Fairchild ferric chloride method described in Aria Expt. Sta. Tech Bull 43(1932). Unpublished data at hand now indicate that a concentration of fluorine in water of as little as 1 p.p.m. as determined by the Willard or Foster methods of analysis as sufficient to cause mottled enamel of human teeth. A concentration of 2 p.p.m. is now found to be associated with mottled enamel of the more severe type."

Today over 41% of 12-15 year-old children now have "dental fluorosis" in the USA per the CDC. This includes children in both fluoridated and non-fluoridated areas of the USA. This percentage is NOT lower in non-fluoridated areas. So it is most likely HIGHER in fluoridated areas.
www.cdc.gov...

CaviStat toothpaste is much better than fluoride in preventing dental caries per studies on PubMed. It is used as toothpaste, gum, and as lozenges but you will NEVER hear dentists promoting, or recommending it to their patients. It does NOT cause dental fluorosis, or dental damage.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Fluoride in EVERYTHING is keeping your dentist in business despite claims early on that it would put dentists out of business.

It is actually the fluoride in volcanic ash that causes the teeth of wild-life and farm-animals to CRUMBLE in a matter of days, yet Americans feel the need to drink it, brush their teeth with it, gargle with it, floss with it, eat it in their foods (from pesticide residue), bathe in it, shower in it, swim in it in pools, take it in pharmaceuticals, etc. If that isn't insanity, I don't know what is.

See online article, "Toxic Ash Threatens Iceland Animals "

"It [fluoride] also binds with calcium in the blood stream and after heavy exposure over a period of days makes bones frail, even causing teeth to CRUMBLE."
news.bbc.co.uk...

See online article, "Volcanic Ash Could Hover For Days Over Europe"

"The ash is toxic — the fluoride causes long-term bone damage that makes TEETH FALL OUT and bones break."
www.nhregister.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Logos23

Were they bathing those rats in fluoridated water once, or twice, a day? The kind of fluoride used in water fluoridation is absorbed through the skin. (Think nicotine patch). And it bio-accumulates in the body. Less than 50% of fluoride is excreted by the body of an adult. Children excrete less than 20% of ingested fluoride. Furthermore, fluoride is absorbed through the tissues of the mouth every time we brush with fluoridated toothpaste, much like sublingual vitamin B-12, or nitroglycerin tablets put under the tongue of heart patients. Given all the fluoride contained in foods, beverages, tea, tobacco, pharmacuticals, air pollution, Teflon cookware, toothpaste, mouth wash, pesticides used on foods, etc., no one has a clue how much fluoride their body is accumulating. Regardless of the amount of fluoride maintained in tap water, fluoride bio-accumulates in the body from ALL sources. Your body doesn't say this fluoride is from tap water, so I'll discount all the fluoride from all the other sources. It bio-accumulates from ALL sources. Fluoride has to be measured in the body with lab work, which isn't being done by anyone. So how can they claim scientifically anyone needs any fluoride? You can't measure fluoride in the body by counting cavities.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
At least some countries are researching the link between fluoride and Alzheimer's Disease...

On PubMed.gov
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

"Current trends in fluorine research"

"...topics in fluorine research are presented on findings by researchers in Szczecin and Poland, as well as in the world. Reports are cited on the distribution of fluorine compounds in the environment, penetration into living organisms, and methods for the determinations of fluorine content in air, water, soil, and foods. ...aluminofluoride complexes (AlFx) as a messenger of false information during protein biosynthesis and their apparent role of Alzheimer's disease."
PMID: 17469507

On PubMed.gov
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

"Aluminum and Alzheimer's disease"

"It is likely that long-term use of drinking water with a high aluminium concentration, with pH about or less than 7.0, and with low fluoride concentration, is associated with the increased relative risk of Alzheimer's disease."
PMID: 9863396

On PubMed.gov
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

"Enhancement of aluminum digestive absorption by fluoride..."

"Aluminum, responsible of dialysis encephalopathy, is suspected to be involved in other neurological disorders such as Alzheimer disease. Absorption of aluminum from the digestive tract can be enhanced by the concommittant intake of substances such as citrate. We studied in rats and mice the interactions between fluoride and aluminum for their digestive absorption and showed that fluoride increased the levels of aluminum in plasma as much as citrate whereas aluminum decreased the absorption of fluoride. This result could be the consequence of the high affinity between aluminum and fluoride which form complexes able to increase the absorption of aluminum and to decrease the absorption of fluoride."
PMID: 8832914

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

Fluoride is a super poison.It causes injury to teeth,kidneys,and the heart. All you have to do is
look at the bag it comes in. It says this chemical targets the areas mentioned above.

This all part of the grand scheme of the NWO to decrease the population.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
One or both of these things are true. The doctors/pharmacists who give this stuff are:

1. stupid beyond belief and mean unconscionably stupid.

2. Viscous scum, hell bent on destroying the human race.

Forget the fact that there are ZERO studies that say "drinking" fluoride is good for teeth, and forget the fact that there are countless studies, dating back to the Nazi Trials in Germany that say the stuff is a mind control drug. And forget about the fact that the EPA finds the chemical so toxic that the OP's tossing of the pills constitutes a biological disaster and would require the EPA to clean it up. Forget the fact that EPA restrictions on the waster product of fluoride are beyond complex - except when dumped in water for human consumption (explain that, if my factory produces fluoride the EPA makes sure it is disposed of properly - not in the water or earth, yet, the same chemical is safe to be dumped into the water for drinking?) And forget about the fact that tooth decay is easily addressed with good diet and has never been addressed with poison. Forget all that.

If the stuff was to aid in getting rid of cavity causing bacteria ON the teeth, then why the hell would it make any sense to swallow the poison, bypassing the teeth altogether? And doesn't swallowing a poison mean a call to the same $%&$ing people who prescribed the poison???????????????????????????????

BTW, most problems with teeth, as in the classic "British teeth" is not due to a lack of fluoride, but due to hereditary syphilis being present in the DNA. Yes folks, a legacy of sexually transmitted ailments is the issue, not a lack of toxic chemical in the blood stream, pineal gland, bones and liver.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Doctors are possessed by the snake. They will kill ya if ya dont watchem

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Lets see what effects fluoride pollution has on cattle...

On PubMed.gov
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

"Industrial fluoride pollution. Chronic fluoride poisoning in Cornwall Island cattle"

"Chronic fluoride poisoning in Cornwall island cattle was manifested clinically by stunted growth and dental fluorosis to a degree of severe interference with drinking and mastication. Cows died at or were slaughtered after the third pregnancy. The deterioration of cows did not allow further pregnancies. Fluoride in bone ash of a 7-month old-fetus exceeded 500 ppm; fluoride thus was passed transplacentally. Analyses of fluoride in ash of bones obtained at necropsy of cattle from 4 months of age to 4 to 5 years of age showed increased amounts with age. Concentrations exceeding 10,000 ppm fluoride were recorded in cancellous bone of a 4-to 5-year-old cow. The target cells for fluoride in chronic fluorosis were shown to be the ameloblasts, the dental pulp cells and the odontoblasts and, in bone, primarily the resorbing osteocytes and also the osteoblasts. Atrophy and necrosis of the ameloblasts were responsible for enamel defects. The existing enamel showed brown discoloration from fluoride deposits. The pulp cells underwent fibrous and osseous metaplasia and necrosis of the ectopic bone occurred. The odontoblasts were atrophic and the dentin showed brown discoloration. A delay in eruption of permanent teeth occurred; it was up to 3.5 years in incisor teeth."
PMID: 467082

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
What is fluoride doing to Russia?

Read "Russia's Population Sink"

www.questia.com...

"In the former heart of the Soviet empire, deaths are far outpacing-births."

"In Nadvoitsy, a small Russian town near the Finnish border, an estimated 4,000 children have been poisoned by fluoride, which replaces calcium in the body, leaving its victims with blackened, ROTTING TEETH and weakened bones. Although the town's aluminum plant no longer dumps fluoride into unlined landfills, the contamination persists because neither the authorities nor the company can afford a full-fledged clean-up. Today, 5 to 10 percent of the town's kindergartners continue to exhibit signs of fluorosis." (Note that in the USA, over 41% of 12 to 15 year-old children now have dental fluorosis per the CDC. This is fluoride-induced dental damage.).

"Nadvoitsy's experience provides a glimpse into the myriad problems facing the countries of the Former Soviet Union (FSU). Years of environmental contamination have combined with economic instability to push the region into a public health crisis, and several FSU countries are now experiencing the most dramatic peacetime population decline in modern history. In Russia, which has more than half the FSU's population, the situation may be at its worst. As the country's birth rate falls and its death rate climbs, the population … "

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
This is just one reason why it's so important to pro-create with someone who shares your ideals

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join