It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why I say...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Now that i just remember i was in a meeting about farm owners waiting by the border with a truck to take the people who migrated to america up to fresno to work and they pay the farm workers about 49 cents per a bucket under a hot sun. the farm owners do this seasonly and then when the growing and picking season is over they drive them back to the border.
so really the farm workers don't want to hire americans because they know "the Golden Rule" the migrants don't know because their working system is different. and they get paid in mexico about 40 pesos (4 dollars) a day for working to the farm and land owners. So that is the other reason they come over here.So really who also help these migrant workers to get jobs up to gathering 2 tons of vegetables and fuits? the greedy american farm owner. And when the migrant workers realize they are getting exploited they go to the inner city and look for a starting wage job and sometimes have family members living there so they have a place to live in, then they get their green card.

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Oh and by the way there are huge businesses who hire indocumented people Working about 14 hours or more per day with no benefits and most of the times no day offs and plus the unemployed americans would not want to work a job like that, they rather get their unemployment checks until they find a descent pay job

[Edited on 10-5-2003 by MorbidAngel2010]

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 01:54 PM
link   

AND THE US GOVORNMENT IS NOT RERSPONSIBLE FOR A HERD OF f-ing MORONS WHO WANNA CROSS THROUGH THE DESERT AND RISK THIER ASSES ON THIS VENTURE. IF THE CORAK, THEY CORAK, WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE TO HELP THEM JUMP OVER HERE AND VIOLATE OUR LAWS. AND IF ANY STUPID MEXICAN ARMY GRUNTS TRY AND START TAKING ANYMORE POTSHOTS AND THE BORDER FUZZ, I HOPE OUR LAWMEN BLAST THEM TO HELL AND BACK

We live in a competators marker, so what if immigrants are taking jobs from others. It should make the lazy Americans on unemployment get their @sses up and try to work. Its not the the immigrants who are causing problems, its that Unemployed Americans don't want jobs. Their are tons of jobs out their, even to this day. What your saying is bull#.

Its easy to say that immigrants are the problems, but its harder to say that they are helping the economy. Immigrants bring in more revenue than people taking welfare or unemployment. They're not the problem, the people who complain are.

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I Agree With FoxStriker

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Xaos, how have we been trained by the TV or anything else that one day we will be millionaires?
We have been trained to be employees, and very few employees ever become millionaires.

We have Labor Day in the U.S. but no Free Enterprise Day. We're taught to do good in school, go to college and then go get a job.

Porous borders are a security issue, and a big one at that, but as the large influx of Mexican folk I see in this area, I'm not in the least bit worried. They are hard working and solid family folks. If they don't stop driving slow in the left lane I will surely have to kill them, but other than that...

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 03:06 PM
link   
but with all of the good paying jobs moving to Singapore, Malaysia and China, we Americans may be forced to take these jobs away from the illegals to ensure our own birthright!

Welcome to America 2021, the newest and biggest 3rd world country.

VzH

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Be reassured............

In 2021..........
China the 1st superpower..............will "liberate" and "free" american people from capitalism...............

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 03:57 PM
link   

We have been trained by television and movies to think that one day we will be millionaires

i think Xaos meant we are brainwashed by TV shows such as perfect families and specially mainstream music videos with the money and fast cars and bacardi etc. and possibly the word "The American Dream" to have 9am to 5 pm jobs,wife, and 2 kids living in suburbia

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Many unemployed lower class americans would love to have those jobs, but cant, hence, they sit on the couch and shoot up dope all day. There are plenty of people, from kids, to simply folks of lower iq that could be put to productive use. ASll these welfare recipients could be kicked off thier lazy asses and put to work on these jobs. The idea that ever american wants to work some high paying office goon job is BS. People overlook the working poor in america quite often.

If they are shooting up, they can't be that poor. Sounds like a priority issue. ..And the working poor in America are a becoming a minority. Either people make it and become slaves to the tax machine or sign up on a social program, hit the couch and bitch the rest of their lives. When you look at it from a skill issue, most Americans with at least a highschool diploma from any public school has far more employment opportunities than an immigrant who is still limited to manual labor, for the most part. Instead of bitching about people coming and taking jobs, they should think about the yahoo thats in this country via the UN going to college without working on the tax-payer's dime all the while supporting or planning terror.

posted on May, 11 2003 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Um, Xaos, u must be a Bush supporter.

Oh, no, how dare Americans demand higher wages and better jobs! Poor, Poor companies, struggling to make a penny.

We want a better standard of living, thus, the unions, who are there to make sure people dont get # upon by thier overlords. Of course we arent going to slave away our whole lives for 4 bucks a day..........if u havent noticed....you cant live on 4 bucks a day in this country, unless u live in a box.

By bringing illegals in and hiring them, u drive wages down, and raise unemployment rates. And your ignorance of the welfare system in appaling. I knew a pregant homeless girl who couldnt get more than 600 a month total in welfare aid, despite the fact she could not work. All I could get when I got laid off from my old job was 800 a month in unemployment. That basically covered rent and electric, and little else.

Speaking of welfare, these migrants get plenty of it. When they are not picking in the on season, they get federal assistance in the off. When I was in the unemployment line from my last job, several of the farm workers were directed to the welfare office.

And i see plenty of hard working americans who lose thier homes and stuff because they lose thier jobs.

A Dual problem exists, greedy employers, and illegals. No, an american wont work for 40 cents an hour. But an illegal will. As long as the illegal is here, the greedy farmer will have someone to work for so little. If he is gone, he is stuck having to pay higher wages to have his food picked. This would probably drive up the price of food, so what? if everyone has a job, it wont matter.

There should be no 40 cent an hour jobs in the us, period.

posted on May, 11 2003 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by VzH

Be reassured............

In 2021..........
China the 1st superpower..............will "liberate" and "free" american people from capitalism...............

China will liberate us from what is now making them wealthy? Make no mistake, it isn't capitalism that the Chinese have against us.

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Geez, I was just making a counter-point to these peoples complaints. IIt is true that unions have forced companies overseas, and what do we have to show for it? I dont think that the process we the companies have for overseas workers is ethical, and I think it would be better if the companies came back. Our government is too nice to companies, and I think that the government should not get involved in buisness. It just leads to corruption. More later

XAOS

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join