It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why I say...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Tighten up the freakin' BORDERS! NOW! Put the freakin' military or National Guard out there! Come on McCain! You freakin' scared-a&& motherFUNKER!!!!!!
These MODERATE CONSERVATIVES are out here scared to tighten up the borders.. THE EVER-SO-PORUS-BORDERS! They are trying to cater to the Mexican voters out there, and it's killing people instead of making America safe. And now these twisted-a&& people are trying to SUE? Gimmie a FREAKIN' break.

www.worldnetdaily.com...

This is freakin' B.S. if I ever seen B.S.

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I agree with you on increasing security along bourders, but saying McCain is scared in another!

McCain is the only offical I've seen make a stand. Unless you count Ventura, but I don't know if he counts.

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 08:00 PM
link   
McCain is SCARED. He's catering to the Mexican votes down there. It's so obvious too! I haven't heard him say one work about beefing up security down there. If he has though, I'd like to read about it.

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 08:14 PM
link   
and what would happen if they tighten up the freakin borders? don't they need the mexicans to do the jobs that americans think they are too cool to do?
and who will take place of the farm working? who will take place in the hot sun bending over and picking out vegetables or fruits from sunrise to sunset?
what ever happened when america bought mexico and allowed mexicans to be here with out a hassle?
ever since operation wetback they kicked out most of the mexicans... and now mexicans need to crossed the border because the mexican govt is messed up and try to live a better life in here... the lawsuit i think it is ridiculous it was every man for them selves..
if it was like in sand diego operation gate keeper it would of been different because the border patrol harassed them and even let them die and also beated them and along from 1994 to 2001 about 2000 people died try to make it here, but ohh well it was a risk they are willing to take... maybe they should put a sign "cross the border at your own risk"

[Edited on 9-5-2003 by MorbidAngel2010]

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 08:26 PM
link   
It's all political and will never happen. In fact, a new American Union(North and South) is supposedly in the works.

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 08:36 PM
link   
IMIGRATION HAS ALWAYS BEEN A PROBLEM, JUST ASK ANY NATIVE AMERICAN

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoxStriker
IMIGRATION HAS ALWAYS BEEN A PROBLEM, JUST ASK ANY NATIVE AMERICAN

Good point.

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong but a poor people just wanting to come here and better themselves isn't our biggest problem with immigration right now. There are jobs here for them that Americans won't do. We have people that lay on their backs all day watching Oprah and shooting up drugs because they may be willing to work but they want to start at the top and won't get off their butts for anything less. I personally don't begrudge anything to a person willing to work for it. I know some of them like any culture are criminals and break the law but a lot of them just want a better life for themselves and their families.

If you want to solve the immigration problem which stands to harm the US the most, then start revolking student VISAS of suspected terrorists and don't be afraid if they get their feelings hurt. Whats more of a danger, someone picking up trash to feed their families, (a job no one else will "lower" themselves to do) or using our federal dollars and universities to educate themselves on the best way to demolish a building full of working men and women which btw pay the taxes that allow the programs for them to get that education? If you ask my opinion, give the education grants to the mexicans and fellow Americans and let the extremist groups blow crap up in their own country.

I've heard so much hate sentiment from middle eastern students here and all I've ever heard from a Mexican immigrant is how damn glad they are to be a part of this and have the chance to make a better life. It ain't perfect here but its better than no hope at all.

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I'm first generation born here in America, I have to agree 110% fully with your statement. My mom came here when she was only 14, all my other family members followed. Ever since then, my grandmother tells me how much she thanks God for giving our family the chance to come to the United States.

Sometimes I forget how much I love this country by looking at its faults. Thats because I'm first generation, I didn't go through starvation like my mom and her 7 brothers. My grandmother said that all their ever was to eat was beans and small amounts of cheese, My mother and her brothers never complained.

I love this country and its Ideals of freedom.

Its when you look at the world with your nose down at people that you know your fat and happy with the luxuries of life.

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I agree with fox striker mexicans come here for a better life than in mexico.... people are opressed over there i don't like it because the system is more curropted than here and some cops are straight out controlled by the mafia. when they come here they just want to work and willing to choose any job is available... if it wasnt for the people who come from mexico to work, california would not be the 5th largest leading world economy.

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 12:07 AM
link   
i got no problems with mexicans entering america LEGALLY.

and morbid, are you saying mexicans are only good for picking lettuce? WTF?

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by kramtronix
i got no problems with mexicans entering america LEGALLY.

and morbid, are you saying mexicans are only good for picking lettuce? WTF?

I agree, the immigration laws have to be followed but my point was the most danger comes from "other" places. I don't think they are only good for crap jobs either..in fact we have a Mexican about to be named to a high court position if all the predjudice opposing him can be overcome.

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 05:13 PM
link   
actually my point is how this country would be stable with out mexicans>?

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 05:20 PM
link   
even though you are the one who is making a big deal about a 14 million dollar law suit even though there are fat people suing fast food restaurants i laugh at those lawsuits and what about most of the frivolous lawsuits around america? you are making a bigdeal about one lawsuit hmm then you should be whining at others to.
and there are mexicans that are educated to but most of the mexicans who migrate here they work in a messed up position.

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Id like to inform you fools who think that Mexicans simply take hjobs americans dont want............

BS pure and simple, folks.

Many unemployed lower class americans would love to have those jobs, but cant, hence, they sit on the coiuch and shoot up dope all day. There are plenty of people, from kids, to simply folks of lower iq that could be put to productive use. ASll these welfare recipients could be kicked off thier lazy asses and put to work on these jobs. The idea that ever american wants to work some high paying office goon job is BS. People overlook the working poor in america quite often.

The immigrants arent just taking those lower jobs, they also are snagging the other blue collar jobs, and since they will work for bottom of the barrel wages, drives the americans from thier jobs, since a man cant support his family on 6 bucks an hour. Thus, it helps to drive down the standard of living for the working class blue collar stiffs.

And there is the issue of legality. If u wanna come here, do it through legal channels. legal immigrants are welcome. Is the #ers with no documentation, no screening, no checks that are a problem, and a burden.

AND THE US GOVORNMENT IS NOT RERSPONSIBLE FOR A HERD OF #ING MORONS WHO WANNA CROSS THROUGH THE DESERT AND RISK THIER ASSES ON THIS VENTURE. IF THE CORAK, THEY CORAK, WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE TO HELP THEM JUMP OVER HERE AND VIOLATE OUR LAWS. AND IF ANY STUPID MEXICAN ARMY GRUNTS TRY AND START TAKING ANYMORE POTSHOTS AND THE BORDER FUZZ, I HOPE OUR LAWMEN BLAST THEM TO HELL AND BACK

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 07:50 PM
link   
...we are getting the same 'tighten up on immigration' calls here in New Zealand (sort of anyway)...and the cry that immigrants are taking all our jobs because they are willing to work hard for next to nothing...

...think we really need to make sure that we direct any frustration we have at those who deserve it...to that end, let me ask this:

Who is really responsible for the problem? The poor (often Ethnic) immigrant who is willing to work for $3 and a smile an hour...or the rich (often Caucasian) employer who sees an opportunity to have the labour done at a fraction the cost, thus increasing their own profits. and so purposely employs the immigrants and offers wages directly taking advantage of the situation?

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 07:56 PM
link   
The employer is without a doubt to blame, yes. But like any addict, while trying to treat the disease, he must be cut off from the source of his addiction: cheap labor.

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 08:15 PM
link   
...oh, I totally agree Skadi...just that I've seen, many times, people venting their frustrations/anger (and occasionally physically in the way of assaults etc) on the immigrants...while the employer buys themselves a larger house and a new car...

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I remeber someone on here posting that he hired mexican lawn mowers to do his lawn cuz it was cheaper. probably illegals. Theres half our problem, rich or middle eschelon goons to lazy to mow thier own lawn and too cheap to try and recruit local neighborhood kids with nothing to do to do it. yes, they should be punished.

The immigrants of course will take advantage of this, as it is certainly a big step up from mexico. but they have to do it legally. While cutting the tide from south of the border, we need to cut the demand north of the border and put the smack down on employers caught hiring unregistered people to pay them 2 bucks an hour under the table.

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 03:11 AM
link   
You think that Americans will take these peoples jobs if they left???? We have been trained by television and movies to think that one day we will be millionaires. And very few Americans will work for ten cents an hour, twelve hours a day, with no holidays, no days off? Under horrible conditions while its over a hundred degrees outside? Come on. Would you? If you were a broke American what would you rather do: work in these conditions, or take a fat welfare check and grumble about people taking your jobs? As alien said, this is the fault of the employers, who have had enough of unions and whiny workers. Why bother, when you have cheap scabs to work for you? Hmmmm?

The employers learned that if they empoyed Americans, they would unionize and drive up production costs by raising wages and demanding vacations. The American companies realized that their overseas compeititors would defeat them because of their lack of unions and poor employee treatment. So our companies moved to Thailand, and China and Malaysia to produce their products. And a bunch of whiny bored people screamed "They're taking our jobs!"

You have nothing else to complain about so you take out your frustrations, sexual and otherwise, on these people who are guilty of nothing but being taken advantage of.

XAOS

top topics

<<   2 >>

join