Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Why Bother

page: 1

join

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I don't know why I even bothered to put the effort I put into the last thread I authored. Not one response!!
2 days putting it together and not one response. What a waste of time and if any one had actually looked into what I was presenting people would have realized what I was putting up was really quite interesting.

I am never going to put the effort I put into that thread ever in any thread. Its just not worth it.

Here is an example of the videos in the thread watch them and tell me it isn't interesting I dare you!

This video is about the future of the telephone envisioned in 1967 at the Expo 67 world fair.It is in English after the introduction advance it to 1:45 seconds for English.

you.

The constructing of the USA pavilion

If you find this interesting there is lots more like it. here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

What makes me real mad is yes it did get 7 flags but not once did I ever see It rotate into the new topics why?
After it left real time new topics it was never seen again.(that I could see any way)
Maybe I have to write about depressing news or something controversial to get noticed.
The threads of me complaining about something always seem to do good.

Unless you are someone popular around here don't bother writing a big thread because no one will look at it trust me I'll never do it again!

edit on 12-2-2013 by enament because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Its not Canadian history it is WORLD history this was about the International Exposition of 1967.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by enament

You must not have bashed the U.S.A in the thread Or made a ridiculous claim about alien's or the end of the world..To get a response you must remember to bash the U.S at some point in your thread.

The only other way I have found is to say something good about the U.S. Then you will get plenty of response's telling you that you are wrong.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
You sound like a spoilt three year old who didn't get his own way.
Grow up man, this is the Internet, not kindergarten.

I just had a glance at your thread and I'm not even going to bump it with a reply. You've cut and past text from who knows where, google image searched some images and stuck a few youtube clips in there. Sure, if I were Canadian or even interested in 'expos' then it'd probably be a thread I'd look at.

You have really just presented an even in history with no real talking points- nothing to really reply to.cant really reply to a thread with 'cool' or 'awesome' as you cannot just post one liners.

Sorry man- but it doesn't interest me, why bother replying/bumping?
edit on 12-2-2013 by samuel1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

Thats exactly what I think too. Funny no one appreciates good history.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Blame Canada?

It's sad how many great points and insights I've seens on this site that have gone totally unnoticed.
I perused you thread yesterday and enjoyed it, and now that I think about it. Maybe ATS needs a forum devoted to research threads like this. That way it would not be so crowded as few would take the time to make such a detailed well researched thread and less threads like this would get lost in the firehose.
edit on 12-2-2013 by dashen because: (no reason given)
edit on 12-2-2013 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by samuel1990
You sound like a spilt three year old who didn't get his own way.

No not exactly. If you had of put 2 days into a thread and no one bothered to comment how would you feel?
Did you watch a video?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by enament

I flagged your thread, and I read it. Just didn't have anything to add, but it was a well-put together post and an interesting read.

Don't lose heart, and don't stop making great threads. I once put a lot of effort into a thread about Floyd Collins, a caver who was buried alive for fourteen days.....I found it terribly interesting, but apparently no one else did. It happens.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by enament

Originally posted by samuel1990
You sound like a spilt three year old who didn't get his own way.

No not exactly. If you had of put 2 days into a thread and no one bothered to comment how would you feel?
Did you watch a video?

If that was two days of work then you must have put in 5 mins per day. No, I did not watch a video because I have zero interest in the topic.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by enament

Dude, it's an Internet message board. Step back from your keyboard, take a deep breath, walk out the door, and get some sunshine and fresh air. Interact with some flesh and blood.

It's probably a good thing that you're not going to put so much time into writing threads.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by samuel1990

No text was plagiarized. thats is quite a serious accusation and I resent that.
You prove it. Or do you have proof?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by dashen

Lol yes nice point. I was thinking too maybe I need more fire and explosions and some violence in my threads.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by enament

I saw your thread, I starred and flagged it too. There was a lot of cool stuff. But I had to go to work.
I've made threads that I don't think anyone even clicked on. I usually post a video of cricket sounds when that happens, because it's funny.

Anyway, it's nothing to get worked up over, it happens, sometimes it is just the wrong time of the day.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
We must see one of these threads at least every other month. You really think the top posters here get loads of flags for everything they author. Think again. I've seen some of our best members, do excellent threads that got buried in minutes under an avalanche of fluff. It happens. Those members are still here cranking out quality threads. A few of them are now moderators though, so we don't see much in the way of threads from them anymore.

You're just not always going to get the accolades or attention you think a topic deserves. It doesn't work that way.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

You are right. I was just in a real bad mood is all . lots of stress building a house is very stressful.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

I am very stressed out right now and am now embarrassed I wrote this rant.

Depression and lots of stress.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by enament
reply to post by watchitburn

I am very stressed out right now and am now embarrassed I wrote this rant.

Depression and lots of stress.

Writing is a great way to get rid of excess stress. Rant away.....we understand and still love you.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by enament

What is interesting to you may not be interesting to anyone else in the entire world. It's okay, I've done the same thing. Live and learn - about YOU.

P.S. I'm not interested in the phone or the expo of almost fifty years ago. Sorry.
edit on 2/12/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by samuel1990

Your righ,t no one is interested in the Expos. Very true,but my thread was about the Expo. The Expos is a baseball team that was in dedication to the Expo 67.

So that being said, My thread is about the Expo and not the Expos.
Just wanted to clear that up.

Take care and have a nice day. Check out the USA pavilion video above.

new topics

top topics

join