It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Back-to-work scheme breached laws, says Court of Appeal

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The bankers and politicians have this country by the nut sack, and there squeezing hard!

People know this to be the case!

We have been shouting it from the rooftops since the inception of our internet, even before that!

When are we going to wake up and take back our nation???

Not anytime soon if we allow unpaid work to become common place in the UK. Essentially working for free in any form or capacity reduces you to nothing more than an indentured servant.

We should hang the half-wit Tory-boy scumbag that came up with this heinous plan from the nearest lamp post.

And then bury the piece of crap under the patio of his second home!

Sorry for the rant slavery in any form or capacity really gets my hackles up!

edit on 13-2-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

Your sentiments echo my own. The irony of all this, is that the financial issues in this nation are being used as an excuse for several abuses of the people, by the state at the moment. This despite the fact that if the government did all they could to prevent waste in places like the HMRC, the upper management of the NHS, and Whitehalls upper levels, then there would be no need for all these cuts, because the savings to be made are huge, but will be unpopular amongst the powerful.

The people are being sacrificed on an altar of greed. Those who see this for what it is are generally not in a position to change such things, and those who are in a position to affect the situation are either complicit in its continuance, or deliberately ignorant of it.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

. Im sick and tired of being skint despite working 60 hours
reply to post by michael1983l

So go and do 30 hours in poundland and still be skint nice easy stress free job plonking cheap crap on a shelf for unemployed people to buy.

Oops, nearly forgot you probably wouldn't get 30 hours out of Poundland ( A US company) nope the longer hour shifts are reserved for the slave labour by the Governments "training" programme.

Oh yes indeed TPTB have done a prettty good job at winding you up and making you angry and I fully understand your anger but I sincerly hope that one day you see through the smoke and mirrors.

This time next year the Romanians Bulgarians and god knows who else will be heading for the UK your home and your Job whatever your job is worth now it will be drastically reduced when a dozen foreigners offer to do 70 hours for miniumum rate that's without the ones that are allready coming over by the boat load.

Think you got it bad now ? Ha wait till the new arrivals start having kids if your'e lucky enough to have a job then you will be paying for those kids because Daddies minimum rate of pay qualifies him for a shed load of benefits .

2.5 million unemployed chasing 30000 part time and temporary jobs + 1 million plus immigrants (without spouse and children) = . Disaster

This evening I spoke to a lovely checkout lady in Asda, who appeared deeply saddened when she fully understood the bigger picture when I pointed out that not long after leaving school I was earning more than she earns now when I was doing a stint in a supermarket. Over 30 years ago !!!!

PS I really do understand your anger but it would appear that they've got you so tide to your job and bills that your missing what they got hiding behind their backs.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
The government should just refuse benafit payments then. They are under no obligation to pay them. I will tell you what slave labour is... Going to work and getting taxed to the hilt so that some lazy arse can sit at home and get given money by the government without giving anything back. Im sick and tired of being skint despite working 60 hours a week whilst people sit at home and take my tax money for free.

You'll quickly chnage your tune when you find yourself in the predicament they are in. Not everyone is unemployed lacks works due to laziness or lack of ambition.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

Yup any one on benifits has a right to them, because our fathers fought in stupid bankster wars to earn them. These benifits were paid for with the lives and blood of our fathers. Now we have some rich tosser trying to take them away. The only reason camoron has any money is because his dad did all his banking abroad and avoided paying any tax, off shore accounts ect.
Now they have fired the FSA and have now gave their role to the bank of England. which is nothing to do with England, apart from being located here. Its a privately owned bank, so the rich have it sorted again. A bit like this PPI thing its fraud, but they call it `miss selling` but if it was just some joe bloggs, then his feet wouldnt touch the floor on his way to jail.
In fact I may open an car insurance company and not pay out to anyone. I can say I miss sold it to them. Thats what the banks did with the PPI fraud.
edit on 13-2-2013 by illuminnaughty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

The only reason camoron has any money is because his dad did all his banking abroad and avoided paying any tax, off shore accounts ect.
reply to post by illuminnaughty

Hm, and equally disgusting, Mr we are all in the sh**** together Slippery was claiming disability benefit for his child.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ChristianJihad

that's unbelievable.
edit on 13/2/13 by David291 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983
The government should just refuse benafit payments then. They are under no obligation to pay them. I will tell you what slave labour is... Going to work and getting taxed to the hilt so that some lazy arse can sit at home and get given money by the government without giving anything back. Im sick and tired of being skint despite working 60 hours a week whilst people sit at home and take my tax money for free.

100% agree with you.
Funny isn't it that those without a job "shouldn't be told what to do", yet people who do work are told "what to do" all the time. Bless them, must be so hard for these bone idle work shy moronic leeches to wake up to an alarm clock and do something for there giro.

A big court case for a two week placement geeez.....well done Cait Reilly you've just sent out the biggest ad for wouldbe employers to steer well clear of you!

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by blupblup

My own personal view when it comes to Job hunting is not to use the Job centre at all -every job I have ever had has come from either searching myself or by using an Agency. The Job centre, the few times I went in, seemed to be staffed with planks which were less use than a chocolate fireguard.

Oh I totally agree mate, and I have mostly found work the same way you have... word of mouth, mates or agencies.... but I do believe the job centre has lost its purpose and almost serves no purpose at all.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
A letter to Fans of workfare/slave labour...
anotherangryvoice.blogspot.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
This little country is sinking fast and it's sinking due to mass immigration.

This whole back-to-work mullarkey is just pure theatre, designed to keep the hardcore Tory voter happy.

It will achieve absolutely nothing while they continue importing half a million + extra bodies every year, constantly ratcheting up the competition.

But the employers, they just love it, don't they?

An ever-burgeoning labour pool, workers terrified of losing their jobs and 'happy' to accept increased workloads and pay freezes, unions with no teeth....perfect for them.

While the majority of us groan, some are doing very nicely out of the mass immigration scam.

Members of the CBI for instance - probably the government's most influential lobby group.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
So far I've not read a post regarding people already in employment and what it does to them!

I have been threatened by my boss now, I work as a delivery/maintenance person at a huuuuge firm, about 50 times doe not putting 15 cages of boxes away (each containing about 40 boxes weighing 12kg each) in under 1 1/2 hours. Then doing all the maintenance, as well as having to help other, less capable people, out.

Every time I'm told "I could replace you with a free worker" or "there's people who'd die for your job". I'm a WEIGHT LIFTER. I can lift a LOT and I can do it quickly, but it's not enough. These schemes give bosses the gusto they need to Carte Blanche threaten all their employees when their RIDICULOUS demands can't be met. The demands get higher and higher until you can't cope, then you're replaced....... For free.

The moral and human tragedy is huge, and it's going to get bigger as the middle to upper class become more and more separated from us 'goons'.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mister_Bit
The sweeping stereotypes made in this thread disgusts me but shows what a great job the government are doing to villianize those out of work and claiming benefits.

I want to hear those cretins who call ALL, not just some or a few but ALL of those on benefits lazy... yeah, I want to hear what they have to say when they're made redundant or lose their jobs to company buy-outs or takeovers, or the company they work for goes bust. All those hours they've put in, all the hard work, all the overtime and taxes paid... then to be told you're lazy and "get a job"...

People truely sicken me

Rant over...
more people in work claim benefits than those out of work. Why should people in work have to claim benefits? Your spot on. Another thing blairs/labour social housing policy where the council housing stock was transfered to housing associations coincided with rents more then doubling in the last 10 years,surprise surprise. Its why so many have to claim in work benefits. We are all slaves now working or not. Half social rents equals no more cuts,simples. Do the maths.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Must not have the internet over there, pretty easy to verify history. So sad when she gets hired then fired because you lied for her. Good luck

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soloprotocol
here's my experience of how industry changed for us indigenous workers...

The company i worked for (structural engineers) started taking advantage of eastern European workers very early on, Personally i worked night shift on a decent rate of pay with all the overtime you could handle and i mean the employer, (a farmer) would let you work 24 hours if you wanted..i could clear £800 per week if i could muster the strength...not easy when you work with steel day in day out..
He started employing Some northern Irish...(he was Irish himself) in management when the company started to grow, they in turn bought into the eastern European worker...payed £2 an hour less than us and any over time they did was paid at single time, no shift allowance etc....

It was ok for a while as there was only 4 or 5 of them then one of the Hungarians started to get his friends a job here and there, none of them as far as we could see were tradesmen, they had two weeks to prove themselves as welders or Platers, the locals got a afternoon...

Before the year was out i worked nightshift with 10 locals and 25 Hungarians and Poles, then the overtime was hit, any over time was given to Lazlo eventually we the locals were pulled off the nighthshift...

The management had bought up around 7 houses locally to house them, sometimes 10 to a house, some even slept in garages....You may find this hard to believe, but trust me this is the truth and i have heard similar stories from the construction sector...
I dont Blame anyone for trying to better their lives by moving to a country far away. that takes a bold move and good luck to anyone who does...that's not my gripe here.

The Hungarians and poles earned 5/6 times their annual salary here, they were buying up property back home,
one guy had, after 4 years here, bought 3 houses and was partners in a nightclub on less wages than me....Tell me a country in the EU i could move too to earn this sort of money and allow me the same privileges here...

At the end i couldn't work with them no more as they had no concept of health and safety and were always getting injured or injuring some other soul....eventually i was going between a 4 or 3 day week for what seemed like months and it was time to move on as i was struggling with rent and such.

Last i heard they had over 120 eastern Europeans working both onsite and at the factory or at the farms

That's my experience of how things have changed for us indigenous workers, just thought i would share..

I hear ya my friend. This is a common story nowdays.

England is a small island, and government allows hundreds of thousands of immigrants to flood our shores every day, most don't even have a job to come here to, or even any prospects of one, nor anywhere to live, and with no money, so it's straight on benefits the second they get here.

Immigration should only be allowed if the immigrant has the means to support himself and his family once they get here. It's no good keep letting hoardes of destitute and homeless people in if they're going to cost the taxpayers money. What's the use them coming here if they aren't going to be working?

And wait until later this year when it will get worse, the Bulgarians and Romanians are already queuing in their droves and itching to get here - but by then the bedroom tax will be well in force, and you will all have been kicked out of your home so immigrants can live in it.

No wonder our country is in Schitt Street.

My God, if I had the money to get out of this schithole that this country has become, you wouldn't see my arse for dust.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Yes while the indiginous workers are put to slavery coach loads of ,i think they are romanians,arrive in my city everyday and have been everyday for the last 2 years. Where they go and what they do i have no idea. The next time im in town town i will take pictures and post them on ats. All i know is the schools are flooded. Hospital stays in childrens hospitals are at record levels, maternity wards are at breaking point, people with mental health problems are taking up police time,the disabled are being booted off benefits, and the worse of all is the most common newborn boys name ,when the different spellings are taken into account is,'mohammed'. What have we done.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
The use of cheap labour is a race to the bottom.

My FIL runs a medium sized demolition firm. He began losing jobs because his competitors employed cheap foreign labour up to 50% less pay with no protection, pension, holidays or sick pay. They undercut his prices that were not high anyway.

It came to a point that either he lost his business or he employed the same cheap labour. So of course he did. So all the demo companies were now doing the same work at lower prices. But here is where that bites back.

The cheap labour is going home, there is no money here left for the hard workers and we are left with the less than savoury ones. It is easy to cut your prices and a lot harder to put them up

The tax the real workers paid and the companies paid has dropped drastically this impacts on the country as a whole and when you factor in all the other businesses doing this you don’t need to be an economist to work out the effect on this country

So who has benefited from this? Not the Demo bosses and certainly not the Ex workers. Many of the demo bosses are now Ex demo bosses. They in effect killed each other’s business.

The same will happen with the slave labour. It is a mad race to the bottom which nobody can win and no one will benefit from and nobody wants to see or admit.

It’s tragic really and born out of the greed of a few with no foresight

edit on 13-2-2013 by colin42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by David291
reply to post by ChristianJihad

that's unbelievable.
edit on 13/2/13 by David291 because: (no reason given)

Well just to cheer up this thread - For those that have no idea what a graduate can expect from 30 hours "Training" (slavery) at Poundland here is an example of the type of complete crap they sell mostly to old ladies, unemployed chavs and migrants on lunch break -

edit on 13-2-2013 by ChristianJihad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Yeah, all it took was one to start it and it snowballed from there....but Hey... there's always the lottery...it's your only hope nowadays... were are literally being forced from our own Homes and eventually homeland and i often wonder if it's all part of the plan.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

I honestly don’t see it that way

We are where we are now because when a company wants to either increase its profits, undercut or dominate their market or just be 'competitive' and win contracts they ALWAYS target and reduce the pay bill. New innovation, they cut the workforce. Nothing ever benefits the workers, ever.

The real players at the top don’t recognise us as being part of this country. They see us as disposable assets and we fool ourselves that we have a country. Our place has never changed. The lower classes are here to die to protect the interests of the rich and produce their wealth.

They fool you with this queen and country crap but in reality you are not even an associate member. Stay, go or die they could care less

We need to stop blaming each other and that includes the Eastern Europeans and recognise that none of us have a country and realise that what we have in common is the indifference of those with power and money and then and only then will we be able to say NO to the rape of our collective dignity.

Have we got the balls to do it? I see no signs at the moment or any time soon.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join