It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Back-to-work scheme breached laws, says Court of Appeal

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Dont forget that people who are on JSA have now signed a bit of paper that says once they are in a job they are not allowed to leave it or they will have their benefits drastically slashed. So people can now be forced into jobs that pay so little they cant afford to live. The whole system is screwed.

edit on 12-2-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

"They can always stop claiming ......

Simple. "

Not so simple, they cant stop eating, they have to survive somehow. Or do you suggest we just let them die? Which they wont they will just steal! Or turn to other nefarious illegal methods of generating revenue. Desperate people become rather resourceful. I know i would if i was in a similar position!

The last thing we want to do is encourage the underground class system IMHO!

edit on 12-2-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Originally posted by dmsuse
Indeed it was, The benefits she was getting would have barely paid her transport costs getting to work.
How about you come work for me £1,80 per hour and we will see if your opinion on this issue changes or not.

Apparently, Cait Reilly lived near the Poundland in question, she has legs doesn't she? She also lives with her mother and brother, so doesn't have the worry of any real-life bills, which is probably the only reason she had the time and inclination to take her case to court. Fair play to her though for doing so.

Originally posted by dmsuse
Or are you somehow too good to work for £1.80 per hour? really?? well why expect her to do it?

Not at all, but I'd actually go and find real work rather than be on jobseekers for months. Unlike many seem to be, I am not adverse to travelling far and wide in search for work, instead of expecting to have a job 15 minutes drive from my front door.

This is just one case, how about those forced into work that do not live nearby?

Another problem with this, is that pound land does not have to hire any more employees, it is taking jobs out of the economy, how can that be right?

So instead of someone that actually wants to work at poundland working there, they are forcing people on job seekers to work there.
Still paying the benefits (taking money out of the public purse) and taking jobs out of the economy (money out of the public purse)
edit on 12-2-2013 by dmsuse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndyMayhew
Why should we pay job seeker's allowance to people who are not doing everything possible to find a job?

They are under no obligation to claim it.

But if they do, then they are under obligation to seek work. Any work. And not doing anything that may prevent them from accepting any job that comes along. That also includes undertaking work experience whilst they seek full time employment. Although, as it happens, even this isn't compulsory.

They can always stop claiming ......

Simple.

They can also turn to crime and knife your family while they rob your house at night. Crime seems to be paying more than job seekers allowance these days. and well.. people do get desperate.

Sleep tight

edit on 12-2-2013 by dmsuse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
So some poor sod who cant find a job within 6 months is forced into slave labour at Pound Land.

Say he/she decides stuff that i have had enough and tells them to stick there unpaid work where the Sun dont shine!

DSS slash his/her benefits by 70%!

They only give you enough to survive in the first place, How does one survive on 30% of there benefit???

The mind boggles!

Who thinks this crap up???

What about any children or other dependants the poor soul is responsible for? Why should they suffer because some Tory scum politician cant balance the books?

Its the bankers and politicians that got us into this mess!

Take away their benefits and bank accounts!

lay the blame where it's due!

edit on 12-2-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

wage slave

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Only the long term unemployed were put on these programmes. There has to be some sort of deterrant for those intent of living a life on benefits. Like i say i work 60 hours a week and probably do not have anything more than those career benafit takers. Makes me sick. If people lile me just gave up work there wouldnt be any money to pay benafits itis unfair on people like me that these people dont have to do a.ything for their money whilst i have to work every waking hour

Maybe your company should hire one of the unemployed people then you will only have to work 30 hours a week and the newly employed person will finally have a job and he can work the other 30 hours that you are now working? you would be making half as much money and paying half as much taxes,you wouldn`t mind doing that would you?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
Dont forget that people who are on JSA have now signed a bit of paper that says once they are in a job they are not allowed to leave it or they will have their benefits drastically slashed. So people can now be forced into jobs that pay so little they can afford to live. The whole system is screwed.
Also don’t forget the Tories want to increase the probation period from 6 months to 2 years in which time the bosses can dismiss without reasons given or redress to the employment tribunal. In fact they are trying to remove the employment tribunal.

The self serving greed of bankers, politicians and multinational companies has built a trap of jobless poverty and we see people blaming those that get trapped by it.

No wonder they feel secure in their excesses and continue on regardless.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
The government should just refuse benafit payments then. They are under no obligation to pay them. I will tell you what slave labour is... Going to work and getting taxed to the hilt so that some lazy arse can sit at home and get given money by the government without giving anything back. Im sick and tired of being skint despite working 60 hours a week whilst people sit at home and take my tax money for free.

People on wellfare are a small cost to the state compared to how much the banks are taking.. If I was to have a beef it would be with the banks. I pay my taxes and I am happy that some of my taxes are used to support different facets of my society. I consider the government to be under obligation to pay them. That is why I pay taxes. I do not expect them to be sending people to work for months without any pay.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
It would be interesting to know how many of these un-paid workers are going onto the UK Employment figures? The number of unemployed has been falling, so are the figures being massaged by adding these un-paid into them? If not then maybe they do it this way. You refuse to do un-paid work, you loose your benefit so you come off the unemployed register.
My parents always told me "Never Trust A Tory"

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I despise the way that the government has managed to make us the people hate the less fortunate people in our society rather than look to them for mismanaging our countries economy. Its disgraceful.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
I despise the way that the government has managed to make us the people hate the less fortunate people in our society rather than look to them for mismanaging our countries economy. Its disgraceful.

Well said...this is my main bug bear....if people could only see that this government is dividing to conquer then maybe we would have half a chance....

no-one ever questions the trillions we spend on war or how much the politicians cream from the state on a daily basis. it's all seems to be the Unemployed and the sick and disabled's fault.....utterly shamefull way to treat the poorest people in society, but i suppose that's the easy target...Cowards

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I think it is only reasonable that a company pays a person for any work done for them.

How come many on here are bashing people who only want to be paid for work they do, but hardly a word against the tight-arsed companies which can conveniently find jobs for non-paid workers, but won't pay them to do those same jobs which would get them off benefits and earning a living?

Millionaire companies are ripping off the system for far more than all the unemployed people put together - some of you need to occasionally open your eyes and look further than the end of your beaks.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll
I think it is only reasonable that a company pays a person for any work done for them.

How come many on here are bashing people who only want to be paid for work they do, but hardly a word against the tight-arsed companies which can conveniently find jobs for non-paid workers, but won't pay them to do those same jobs which would get them off benefits and earning a living?

Millionaire companies are ripping off the system for far more than all the unemployed people put together - some of you need to occasionally open your eyes and look further than the end of your beaks.

^^^^^ what this guy said^^^^^^^

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I feel sick about this. Bashing the most vulnerable and those they feel may be the least articulate. They could save enough money to make NO cuts by losing wasters who can't do their jobs in private sector and parliament, stop paying ludicrous salaries to higher public servants, take all those Civil Servants who claim medical retirement off the payroll if they are now working elsewhere; God knows there are thousands! remove inordinate luxuries they enjoy and we can't even imagine and a hundred more obvious ways known to Joe Public that they choose to ignore. Subsidising private industry with slavery and getting the inevitable backhander is just sick!

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soloprotocol
reply to post by stumason

I'm not saying you cant get £500 per week, but that is few and far between, usually London area, but your argument is that the great unwashed get handed £500 per week....utter tosh....try £71 JSA or £99 ESA per week the rest going ether to a council or housing association or private landlord...Just remember that £71 or $99 goes back onto the system in taxes...and huge taxes at that...

maybe instead of jealousy and paying lip service to Daily mail spin you may need a spell on ESA then you can comwe on here and tell everyone how you lived the high life and you never want to work again....

You gotta love the sheeple and how they allow themselves to be divided and Conquered by the Governments and media of this world...

remember...once the Tories have destroyed the unemployed and sick and disabled they will be coming for YOU.

Yeah im currently only getting £56.50 p/w - I have to pay £120 in board per month even though im unemployed because guess what? My parents cant afford to pay my way - We're working class.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

I know that pain well but don't worry, everything will get better. Ignore those that try to drag you down.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
currently on £64 a week, live on my own and i'm being asked to pay £8 a week for council tax and £12 a week for this new bedroom tax.....ye i'm unemployed...payed into the system for 27 years as a spray painter before i started pissing blood now on ESA...£64 a week.......yeah living the high life here...:-/

utter scum of a nation.

Am i angry...yeah...you bet. more pissed off at the sheeeeeple though for believing the tripe spewed out on Main stream media.
Jeremy Kyle watchers make me sick.....and pissing more blood.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

currently on £64 a week, live on my own and i'm being asked to pay £8 a week for council tax and £12 a week for this new bedroom tax.....ye i'm unemployed...payed into the system for 27 years as a spray painter before i started pissing blood now on ESA...£64 a week.......yeah living the high life here...:-/

utter scum of a nation.

Am i angry...yeah...you bet. more pissed off at the sheeeeeple though for believing the tripe spewed out on Main stream media.

Also great when we have to phone them at premium rates that cost a fortune, then put on hold for ages, finally they say you have rung the wrong dept and will put you through, which in turn means more waiting and more money for the phone. At the end of it, the conveniently cut you off!
Just read that in some states in USA get free phones, mins and text messages a month for a one of fee of 20 dollars and they get a free cell phone, and we get F all!
Let them eat a pot noodle ll day and see where it gets those that call unemployed scrounges!
I worked my arse off for 25 years and we get people in DSS who don't even know the rules in the first place!

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

utter scum of a nation.

me too pal went to work for 2 hrs to get WORKING tax credits o 52 pounds a week saved me from the bru x them took the hit of 20 quid a week to get them of my back 2 many years of breathing the sxxt brother o the brush too

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join