It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Back-to-work scheme breached laws, says Court of Appeal

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

if you read my post again you will see that i'm not against anyone moving from one country to another. i was simply sharing my experience.....

and just for the record i got on well with my fellow employees whatever their country of origin was...even invited a few Hungarians to my home and we had some great nights out on the town together, ...
edit on 13-2-2013 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

Peace. I did not reply to you to say you were wrong. You are correct we are being forced from our homes even to the point they take a life time of hard work we put into buying them back when we become frail and need care, care that we already paid for in taxes and service to this country

My view and I could very well be wrong is that we give our alliance to a country that does not value us. We in effect have no homeland but we do have one thing in common. The working class worldwide is not valued and only when we realise that will we be able to show that view wrong.

edit And I certainly was not infering that you were targeting people. If you took it that way then sorry for being clumbsy with my words, that was not my intention

So again peace.

edit on 13-2-2013 by colin42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Here is my experience with government work programs.

After i left full time education they helped me into an apprenticeship working for just £75 per week for doing roughly 30 hours a week and that continued for a year. The second year your wage increases.

After that i have gained experience and essential knowledge in many skills in my field that i still use to this day...

The governments motto should read the more you learn the more you earn? Has a nice ring to it don't you think?

I have to say for working for nothing is wrong, working for a wage and a career is the right way to go.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by seabiscuit

I'm quite sure you're talking about a regular apprenticeship as opposed to the goverments welfare to work scheme.
They're two entirely different beasts.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by stargatetravels

I appreciate the reply,

many apprenticeships are government attempts to get people back to work, or people just starting out on the working ladder so to speak. DWP even push this on school leavers, and encourage them to learn new skills.

Connections being one of many examples.

If you have the will to work hard and learn while earning almost nothing. And i don't mean this as slave labor...

You have the opportunity to have a career within a couple of years.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

I'd just like to give a real world example to back you up after the comments you were getting earlier.

At my place of work we recently had an 18 year old, single mum, living in her own place...join us after being on the JSA. She left after only one week (she phoned in ill and was then caught drinking jn the street) because she realised that combined with the other benefits she was getting she was worse off being at work. Now she was being paid over minimum wage at our place.

She was more than being paid for any work she did whilst getting JSA, she was getting paid more than she did if she had a job. She was being paid more than I was at the time.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
The modern apprenticeship scheme is another scam...yeah it get peoples into work, but here is how it now works...
it allows companys, any company to take people/kids on and pay them £1.80 per hour...the government makes up the shortfall to the minimun wage for whatever age group the employee falls into...

Tesco, Asda use this scheme extensively...really??? seriously???, a Apprenticeship to work in a supermarket????
I remember when a apprenticeship actually meant you would be a tradesman/woman at the end of your 4/5 years training...Personally i know of a 70 year old man on a apprenticeship with Tesco, my son is a Apprentice delivery driver under the guise of photocopier engineer, he's been with them for a year and a half and has still to get ink on his hands, all he does is deliver and pick up photocopiers, no college days and no papers at the end of his tenure...seriously...you couldn't make this schitt up....

I wish people would do some investigation on what this government is all about....i do and it's a real eye opener.

first they take away the jobs that this country was founded on, Engineering, construction, Mining, ship building, car manufacturing etc,then they replace it all with low paid semi skill crap that no other country can be assed doing....
Yeah, we are now competing with third world countries for, not a slice of the pie, but a lick of the plate.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by StevenDye
reply to post by stumason

I'd just like to give a real world example to back you up after the comments you were getting earlier.

At my place of work we recently had an 18 year old, single mum, living in her own place...join us after being on the JSA. She left after only one week (she phoned in ill and was then caught drinking jn the street) because she realised that combined with the other benefits she was getting she was worse off being at work. Now she was being paid over minimum wage at our place.

She was more than being paid for any work she did whilst getting JSA, she was getting paid more than she did if she had a job. She was being paid more than I was at the time.

I agree it's outrageous that people are worse off working than if they were on benefits - only in England eh?

There's no incentive to go to work for a living if folk are going to be worse off for it - but that's the fault of the government and no-one else.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

"I agree it's outrageous that people are worse off working than if they were on benefits - only in England eh?"

It's exactly the same up here in bonny Scotland!

100,000s of refugees willing to work for £3 an hour!

And no jobs for the boys!

Let them eat cake eh?
edit on 14-2-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Just had a phone call from my brother up in Bridlington. He was at the dole office this morning and was threatened that if did not do more to find a job. Then they would stop his money. He has registered for work all over the country with different agencies. Applys on line every day, spending about four hours a day looking for work. Plus he walks around his town looking and asking for work. There is no work were he lives its a small sea side town without any industry, or industrial estates. He said I can not do any more as there is no work here. He lost his last job due to illness, fork lift driver. He has damaged discs in his spine which caused him to black out an suffer headaches. He needs an operation on his neck to fuse the damaged discs togeather. So they threw him off the sickness benifits after 4mths and now are threatening to stop his dole money. He has worked all his life and was never a dole wallah. Hes a grafter and enjoys working and has worked all over the country and on the continent. One of the local jobs there was written in Polish and he asked what job it was and why it wasnt advertised in English. Their reply? The boss is Polish and dosnt speak any English so any employees have to speak Polish. In England? And my brother can not find a job so he is to be punished? What a joke this country is. What is it going to be like when the Romanians and Bulgarians arrive next year?
edit on 14-2-2013 by illuminnaughty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminnaughty

My (elderly) parents still live in Bridlington, i go every other week to visit. There are loads of jobs advertised in and around Bridlington (some in Hull, admittedly) at the moment - they are even building a huge new Aldi and have been advertising for jobs at every level.

Is he saying there are no jobs or none in his chosen field?

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
reply to post by doobydoll

"I agree it's outrageous that people are worse off working than if they were on benefits - only in England eh?"

It's exactly the same up here in bonny Scotland!

100,000s of refugees willing to work for £3 an hour!

And no jobs for the boys!

Let them eat cake eh?
edit on 14-2-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

Cake will be an out-of-reach luxury for the lot of us by the time government has finished with us.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Hes 58 yrs old Flavian and has applied for any and all jobs in his area, Hull included. He was travelling and working in Bradford for a while before he found some work in Brid. His last job which he lost due to illness. I have offered him a room here with me in Swindon to see if he can get any work here. He is not a lazy type at all and has many skills not just a fork lift driver. They were going to send him on a course to get another license for his forks but instead he paid for it out of his own money rather than waste a month waiting ect. A 58 yr old with spinal problems, get a job on a building site? Yes he would do it if he could get the chance.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Hmm, sounds like he is suffering from age discrimination then (and possibly also employers don't want to take a gamble on someone with health issues). It does put a different perspective on it, anyway.

Good luck to him. If i hear of anything i will be sure to U2U the details over to you.
edit on 14-2-2013 by Flavian because: Hear not here. Unless you are a dufus, like i clearly was!

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

My (elderly) parents still live in Bridlington, i go every other week to visit. There are loads of jobs advertised in and around Bridlington (some in Hull, admittedly) at the moment - they are even building a huge new Aldi and have been advertising for jobs at every level.

Is he saying there are no jobs or none in his chosen field?

But for each of those advertised jobs there could be anything up to 1000 people applying for them. Or they set the wages so low no one could afford to take the job and still be able to keep a roof over their head and still eat.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

You have to go to Bridlington to understand the place. It is a lovely town full of, for want of a better description, scrotes. It is one of those places where you can go at any time of the year and the pubs are always full of the same people that do not work but do claim the dole, even though there are always lots of jobs advertised.

I am certainly not saying that all of the people in Brid are work shy layabouts but it is one of those places that has an extremely high percentage of such people. I was attempting to establish if the brother in question was one of the normal people or one of the lazy people. Unfortunately, he appears to be one of the "good" ones - and it does appear he is being overlooked for a variety of reasons.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

yes lots of jobs here. never worked on a building site, due to my health problem can't lift, push, pull, just going to toilet i get severe headaches and go dizzy.i have constant pains in my neck and right shoulder, painted the spare bedroom the other week took me 3 days couldn't use my right arm for a week after that. Have worked from 15 years old i am now 60 (in April) and never been out of work more than a couple of weeks. worked at pocklington steel, industrail paint sprayer for 3 years it went bust, car masters checking merks, went bust. got a job in Bradford at barrett steel paint spraying and that went bust then got a job at brid recycling center and that was closed down and my last job at scarborough recycling plant. worked there for 6 months and then when i got this problem with my health they laid me off. i have my cv on the job center, reed, indeed and 1/2 a dozen other job sites, i have signed up with gi group, fusion agency's in scarborough reed in wakefield best in hull couple in leeds and bradford. been to tesco, coop and just about every shop in brid but no joy. i get £71 pound a week JSA and after working for 45 years and paying into the system i think i am entitled to that. i would rather be working but until i find a job that £71 is a life line. if i am sat at home all day i have a coat on and a blanket over me to keep warm, cant afford to have the heating, lights and tv on all day long. if its not raining or blowing a gale then i take my dog for a walk around town looking for a job. so am i a scrounger? was talking to a girl the other week has 2 kids 7and 8 and was told she had to get a job so she got pregnant and now she does not have to get a job, now that is what i call a scrounger. but can you blame her? no blame the system for allowing her to do it. so to all you people on here that are working hope you don't end up like me and lose your job and need help because then you will be labeled a SCROUNGER

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

It is one of those places where you can go at any time of the year and the pubs are always full of the same people that do not work but do claim the dole

Do you know that for a fact?

I don't see how they could afford to.

When I (briefly) claimed JSA about 5 years ago, there was barely enough money to afford to eat, when all the bills were paid.

Miserable, soul-destroying existence.

Fortunately for me, I already had a job lined up and was just waiting for a CRB check to clear.

At least I knew it was only temporary.

I often wondered what life was like for the people who weren't so lucky.

edit on 14-2-2013 by CJCrawley because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by delboy2424

Its like I said bro, no jobs there and then you are abused for not getting a job. We are all in it togeather says the plonker in downing street lol

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by delboy2424

Christ, i hope i never work beside you, everywhere you go it goes bust...

I'm a spray painter myself, been out of work for 4 years now, i'm 46, was i'll for a couple of years (Pissing Blood and abdominal Pains)...I blame the chemicals i inhaled and steeped my hands in all those years....I often wonder how much i have shortened my life working in that industry..Do you???....
i first started painting when i was 21 and the health and safety was a joke, when i stopped four years ago health and safety was still a joke.....I ended up with Asthma and dematitis and i now have to take anti histamine everyday for urticaria (Hives) and various other skin problems like Big plooks and stuff...

ok, back on Topic....The government are evil...discuss..

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join