It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horsemeat found in British supermarkets 'may be donkey'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

The irony is people would willingly eat donkey meat if they were starving.

Oh but we paid for ... Ummm...

Hypocrites

Some would willingly eat human meat if they were starving.

What's your point?

I don't follow...

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Originally posted by Qumulys
Either grow your own damn food/produce, or you've no right to complain about what $2.99 "Kind of almost looks red enough to be meat" meat. If everyone knew all the crap and filler's added to their food, farming would become the worlds new hobby overnight.

While growing your own is a good idea for anyone, you really should step off your high horse mate and think about what you're saying.

If everyone had to grow their own, the losses in the economics of scale would make it so there simply was not enough food full stop. Look at Zimbabwe for what could happen. They had large, commercial farms owned by companies and individuals, but the Mugabe gave away the land in parcels to "the people"... They are now starving...

Not only that, but to grow your own food, enough to feed a family of four all year round, you need a lot of land. Not everyone can afford the several million pounds required to own a farm big enough to be able to sustain your family.

While growing your own is a good idea for anyone, you really should step off your high horse mate and think about what you're saying

if he did it would be in his/our food

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by magma

The irony is people would willingly eat donkey meat if they were starving.

Oh but we paid for ... Ummm...

Hypocrites

Some would willingly eat human meat if they were starving.

What's your point?

I don't follow...

VERY true indeed the need to survive will always kick in before death by starvation

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Don't buy food unless you know exactly what it contains.

Also

Someone is making a big deal out of donkey meat.

Children are starving in some parts of the world and would love a donkey meat slice of lasagne.

Snobs... That's the problem... Throwing out millions of tonnes per year of edible food..

Yet... A donkey meat scandal is front page news...

Vomit...

edit on 12-2-2013 by magma because: edible has only 2 e's not 3

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

If I offered you an apple for whatever price I charge and you pay for it then open the bag to find an orange and I mention starving people in another country as justification. What the heck does that have to do with the fact I just conned you into paying for an orange you thought was an apple?

You like your strawman arguments, I will give you that or you are missing the point completely be it deliberate or not.

edit on 12-2-2013 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O
reply to post by magma

If I offered you an apple for whatever price I charge and you pay for it then open the bag to find an orange and I mention starving people in another country as justification. What the heck does that have to do with the fact I just conned you into paying for an orange you thought was an apple?

You like your strawman arguments, I will give you that or you are missing the point completely be it deliberate or not.

edit on 12-2-2013 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

Ok firstly:

You would need to be pretty sly to do that.

Second: if you ripped me off intentionally then of course I would be upset.

If it was my last dollar, I would have to eat the orange though.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

From now on I think i'll buy my beef at the Butchers!!

Although there is nothing wrong with horsemeat... I have a friend in Holland who says that she eats horsemeat and many other Countries so there's nothing to be afraid of..... it only becomes an issue if its imported in without being checked!!

Lucky for me I shop at Iceland!

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Donkey is the new environmentally friendly all-round companion. You can ride it (get rid of the car), rent it out for leisure rides in the summer on the beach (additional income), use it for shipping small quantities of cargo (taking many HGV's off the roads), make friends with it (mental well-being) and use it's manure to feed the vegetables it will eventually be served with.

Donkey's could be the saviors of our economy!

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
I am sure there is much more to this than meets the eye... Donkey eh, now that'll cause an outcry.. which to be honest seems to be the main aim in the timing of this..

It should be "meats the eye" since this is about meat.

<< 1   >>

join