It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horsemeat found in British supermarkets 'may be donkey'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Hi all

There is new twist to this horsemeat scandal every week. Im curious if all the atsers who were saying horsemeat is good for you and its no big deal still feel that way now that they know it was probably donkey
www.independent.co.uk...

A law banning horses from Romanian roads may be responsible for the surge in the fraudulent sale of horsemeat on the European beef market, a French politician said yesterday.

Horse-drawn carts were a common form of transport for centuries in Romania, but hundreds of thousands of the animals are feared to have been sent to the abattoir after the change in road rules

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I am sure there is much more to this than meets the eye... Donkey eh, now that'll cause an outcry.. which to be honest seems to be the main aim in the timing of this..

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Either grow your own damn food/produce, or you've no right to complain about what $2.99 "Kind of almost looks red enough to be meat" meat. If everyone knew all the crap and filler's added to their food, farming would become the worlds new hobby overnight.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

I jokingly said at the start of all this that I bet we would find human remains in the food at some point. Now I am not so sure if it is a joke as more comes out.

I am glad that I have always and will always shop at my local butcher's

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Qumulys
Either grow your own damn food/produce, or you've no right to complain about what $2.99 "Kind of almost looks red enough to be meat" meat. If everyone knew all the crap and filler's added to their food, farming would become the worlds new hobby overnight.

Seriously...? So is false advertising ok in any industry?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
come on, like nobody in here's never eaten ass before. HEY...HEY.. HEY.. steady on now

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Can't say I'm surprised ....

...These days people will bleach sawdust flavor it with Fish oil and tell you it's a Fish Finger.

It wouldn't be the first time something strange ended up in a pie either would it...Sweeney Todd anybody ?

C...

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O
reply to post by goou111

I jokingly said at the start of all this that I bet we would find human remains in the food at some point. Now I am not so sure if it is a joke as more comes out.

I am glad that I have always and will always shop at my local butcher's

Im afraid of what they are gonna tell us next.. Human remains doesnt seem that far fetched all of a sudden,and I cant believe I just said that

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Qumulys

While growing your own is a good idea for anyone, you really should step off your high horse mate and think about what you're saying.

If everyone had to grow their own, the losses in the economics of scale would make it so there simply was not enough food full stop. Look at Zimbabwe for what could happen. They had large, commercial farms owned by companies and individuals, but the Mugabe gave away the land in parcels to "the people"... They are now starving...

Not only that, but to grow your own food, enough to feed a family of four all year round, you need a lot of land. Not everyone can afford the several million pounds required to own a farm big enough to be able to sustain your family.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

Can't you see this as perhaps a starting point where people might become interested in what cr*p is put in their food chain?

Perhaps this is the opportunity for those who know and oppose the cr*p that is put in our food chain to educate others.. right now it is one of those rare moments when people are open to facing fact they would otherwise bury their heads in the sand and not deal with.

Beating them over the heads isn't going to be the answer..

Besides, it is my opinion this is far more political than we are being led to believe.. right now the UK is in opposition to the EU.. this will only taint relations further.. and for that, the timing is, ahem, interesting.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Ginga

I didn't say that like that. What I'm saying is if you have not made the food yourself with your own ingredients, you have no idea what has gone into the food. Maybe some scruffy git has had a bad day so spit's onto the food producing equipment? Maybe the team leader is under pressure to cut costs so sources cheaper meat, from a backyard supplier?? The point is, no matter what is advertised there just are no guarantees these days as to what you might find.
Yes, it's false advertising, and yes that's wrong and those exposed should be dealt with. I'm just saying if you are not suss about supermarket food yet it's time to start looking closer and thinking about become a self producer. Get your friends involved for some bartering and start fresh!
edit on 12-2-2013 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   
We have achieved idiocracy status, and might as well just call it mystery meat at this point...

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

I didn't say it would be easy...

First step is to remove the industry domineering from the pantry. OK, big industry can't be stopped by the people can it? What if we just didn't buy it for starters? Eventually they will downsize, freeing up land again.

Secondly, get rid of the suburban concrete sprawl. Not easy, but even a modest amount of veggies can be grown on a porch. Team up with some friends in the country, then start bartering with them for a pig for some of your veggies.

The problem which I agree will always be impossible to remove, is the people putting profit on their own forks at the expense of humanitarian good will.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I think this whole horse/donkey/whatever thing is deliberate.

Nothing gets on the msm unless THEY want it too, right? we all know thats true!
We also know about the agenda to have total control over food dont we? Look at some of the past threads on ats for proof.

This is leading to very strict control of food, and I bet its we the consumers who will be controlled. How long before we have the Garden inspectors visiting to make sure we're not growing dangerous potatoes, or have an unlicensed chicken?

Go to youtube and search for Codex Alimentarius. Watch the WHOLE vid by Dr Rima Laiblow. Then you'll understand what this is all about.

edit on 12-2-2013 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Yup, Soylent Green is People is not so far fetched as a possibility, wonders if they are checking for human dna as well.

Anyway, it is high time the processed foods industry was put under the microscope (figuratively and literally) as a check to see what else is there that shouldn't be or has been labeled falsely. I am sure it is not limited to some Tesco burgers and Findus lasagne (which seems to actually be made by various other companies before Findus just supplies the box and the advertising).

This type of fraud is not just in the meat industry, have also read in the past about honey marked as 100% honey and containing only part honey or even no honey at all and the rest was something like corn syrup. We really just can't trust these guys now. I think where possible we should not buy anything processed and try to make as much of our meals from fresh ingredients. I know it is not always possible but people power does work and as a whole we can force supermarkets and the food industry into behaving themselves if we try. They are money driven and will only supply what sells so if people cut down/don't buy processed stuff and switched to fresh then they might just lessen the amount of processed stuff. The other advantage is freshly made (i.e. non-processed) food tastes soooooo much better.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   

It can't be far off now...and then the Apes will rise up.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I was wondering why I am so healthy compared to most of you.

Kind if a "duhhh" moment if you ask me.
I know people who buy boxes of Burger King because bags won't hold all their poisons.

I am expecting to see these type of headlines for the next 5+ years.
Alot of ...."a duhhh... McDonalds burgers found to cause cancers.....Taco Bell admits to using mafia whacked human meat..... Burger King found to have toxic french fries..... Wendy's admits to using 300 year old patties in their 'late night menus' to save money......"

Wale up people.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

I am sure there is much more to this than meets the eye.

When it comes to the food industry, there is always much more than meats the eye.

^bad pun.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
The irony is people would willingly eat donkey meat if they were starving.

Oh but we paid for ... Ummm...

Hypocrites

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Not only that, but to grow your own food, enough to feed a family of four all year round, you need a lot of land. Not everyone can afford the several million pounds required to own a farm big enough to be able to sustain your family.

To completely sustain it would take a lot.

To completely sustain a diverse and exotic diet would take a lot.

So I agree.

That said, I think everyone should garden their own food within their means to supplement. It's fun and delicious

edit on 12-2-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join