It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strategic Relocation (what you all should know)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Alright. So, it's been on my mind recently, moving to an ideal location for SHTF scenario.

Lots of conflicts come with this idea. Lots.

Nevertheless, all that aside, I wanna share everything I've found out so far. Most of you probrably know a lot of this already. For those who don't, you should.

This is namely for Americans. Not that everyone shouldn't be investing in this research, but I'm American, so... this is what I got.

1 - You should decide IF you want to re-locate. Regardless of all the dangers of living in cities and largely populated areas, some people need, or simply want, to stay in these areas. For those of you who don't want to move away from the populous, I recommend you construct a very strong bug-out plan, and establish a predetermined location AWAY from the city where you can go if things get too rough. I also recommend that you don't live in the heart of a city, but rather, the outskirts. Then, you still have all the access, bars, jobs and people, but you have a quicker route out when things get heated.

2 - Personally, I prefer gun-friendly places. I believe that, if you're planning to hold your own during a chaotic period, you need guns, and you need to live in a place where it's relatively easy (and mostly legal) to get your hands on em. Do some research on the gun laws of the different states. Tennessee, Texas, and Colorado are decent, gun-loving places, from my research.

3 - Go ahead and decide who you are going to keep with you. What's the point in surviving if we have no loved ones to protect and live for? This step is particularly tricky, because, if you're like me, you'll want to save everyone you care about... yet, at the same time, you can't have dead weight. You have to make sure your loved ones are going to help you when you need it. Logically, it would make sense to keep people who have special and irreplaceable skills (doctors, hunters, etc). You have to TALK to them about it. Don't plan for them without saying anything. I've made that mistake. Despite whatever you think about their ability to handle this kind of information and planning, they need to be presented the plans and possibilities straight-up, so they can deal with it. If you have loved ones who you want with you, but who don't WANT to go with you, urge them to prep for themselves. Also, CHILDREN COME FIRST.

4 - PREP FOR EVERYTHING. On the show Doomsday Preppers, one of the biggest mistakes they make is prepping for one specific disaster. ANYTHING could happen. So, don't prep for an earthquake, or a pandemic, or a war. Prep generally. Prep just to prep.

5 - Networking. It's a good idea to make as many friends as possible, in lots of organizations, lots of clubs, and by extension, their friends, their families, etc. Not just for prepping, but this is a good idea for life in general. If you find yourself on guard against the general public, you're more likely to come across friends rather than hungry and hostile strangers. It's true, friends can become enemies, but take the time now while you have it to make QUALITY friends. And, if you're planning on keeping your community tight, numbers are the best way to defeat all problems. You need numbers. That's a major + in security, support, gardening, hunting, everything.

Those are five fairly basic prepping rules. Nothing too new to any of us.

Now, it's also a good idea to know just how densely populated an area is. The more dense a populous, the more dangerous that area will be in the event of civil unrest---and the more likely the place is to be targeted during a war.

Below is a population density chart of the United States. The deeper of the color red, the deeper the population. The brighter white a place is, the emptier it is.

As you can see, it looks like the east coast has a rash.

Logically, the overpopulated places are places you want to avoid. They would be the worst candidates for extreme civil unrest, they contain major cities of government-dependent people, and they would be the biggest targets in the event of war.

And, it would also be a smart idea to avoid the interstate. That gigantic main road would be used for the military, ours or foreign, to spread across the country.

There's the stretch of Interstate.

For more extensive research on this topic, I highly recommend you watch Strategic Relocation.

It's a very informative documentary. This old guy really knows his stuff.

God bless, and be safe.

edit on 12-2-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I would avoid any border state as well as these are the first states that would have to be hit by troops in an invasion.
These are also the ones where ICE/DHS/ETC claim they are allowed to destroy your rights.
I'm thinking stay close to the indian reservations and make good friends with the locals, them or the mormons and just fake it anyway.
Of course I am, look at mah rockin underwear!!

join