It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy SEAL Who Killed Bin Laden Left in Poverty: No Pension, Healthcare or Protection!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66

Originally posted by anton74
They are backlogged, it currently takes about 380 days to process a disability claim. I've been waiting 4 months to get an eval and will likely have to wait 3-4 more. That may be this guys problem, who knows.

Indeed - they are backlogged.

I fault two things - one Shinseki was a # General and he's a # VA Chief; he was the brain trust behind the "won't we all feel special if we had a beret too" idea.

Two - every veteran is putting in a claim for the most inane of things hoping to hit the jackpot... They have to take each case seriously and this creates a backlog of frivolous cases that impede the legitimate needs of veterans in distress.

Let's face it everyone gets a TBI when they fall or a mortar shell goes off in proximity, everyone who spends more than 4 years in infantry has knee and back pain etc., come on guys did you enter into this thing as men or what?

I mean if you have a legitimate claim make it I am not a doctor but we all know there are a lot of clerks and jerks who sit behind the wire making silly claims all day long.

That's also true, there are way to many people making disability claims that are in no way disabled. Case in point: I had a Petty Officer First Class over me who was about to retire. His entire career he'd done the bare minimum. He was a horrible leader. Before his retirement he kept going on about how his back and his knees were bad and always used that excuse to get out of physical labor, mostly Ammo Onload and Offload evolutions. Then Captain's Cup comes around and he's out there doing the weight relay and tug of war. Funny, he had no problem doing that stuff when it was for fun.

Of course, there are lots of Vets who actually have disabilities large and small that get ignored. But, that's because there are far too many who exploited the system for trivial things.

new topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join