It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy SEAL Who Killed Bin Laden Left in Poverty: No Pension, Healthcare or Protection!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Seems he should have retired the way you do by putting in the said amount of years.
As far as him killing his target that was due to a bunch more people then just him so give credit where credit is due. Besides if it wasn't for Obama giving the order to his servants it wouldn't have happened.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Sorry but if the guy really killed BinLaden he wouldn't be anonymous. This is a phony bone of contention as Richard Hall puts it. In order to participate in the discussion you have to assume the premise is correct and in this case it is not. Bin Laden died of Marphan syndrome in 1993, there are references to this in foreign news casts over the years. Shortly after 911 the CIA were visiting him in hospital....he died within a few months of the event and had been wasting away from this disease. The whole ridiculous images of the whitehouse watching in horror as he was killed is completely bogus and even silly. He was in such a state that the likelihood of him still being alive at the time of the photo is almost impossible.
The body was dumped at sea....because thats what we do right? We take a dead enemy, put them on a ship and take it out to sea to dump it so that noone can confirm this mans death....We don't do that to people, we do autopsies, we hand the body to the people they belonged to.
They never found weapons of mass destruction...it is all rubbish. The people on here who fought in the armed forces should be furious, your government let you all risk life and limb for a campaign against a phantom enemy.
I know it is a bitter thing to have to consider but think of those who went before you, agent orange tested on them for example, birth defects for their children. The Gov knew, they tested on you and then apologized for it. That was probably your parents generation and I doubt things have changed much.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Originally posted by BlindBastards
When pressured to release an actual photo of his corpse when on the ship due to a “lack of respect and it would incite extremist violence” and a threat to national security. Also it was too graphic. What nonsense!

What short memories people here on ATS have.

Remember when Saddam's sons were killed? They released pictures of their bodies and the Middle East went ape because it was disrespect, etc.

They knew that there would be blowback and they did it anyway.

This time they have no evidence so they use this as an excuse? Give me a break.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

First of all, it was NOT Bin Laden. He probably died around 2002. All future "pictures" of him were proven to be photo-shopped of someone else. But, the U.S., Britain and Israel needed to keep these wars against Muslims and al Queda moving so they "kept him alive" for political/power/money-junkie gains. We live in a virtual matrix of lies from religion to government to science(the scam of global-warming when the earth is actually cooling).

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Except it was his job. That was the mission he was sent on.

I agree, but what i am saying is you don't know whats going on with him. We cannot fathom what pressures are put on the guy "Who killed Bin Laden." I think we need to give "That guy" a little wiggle room. These guys put it all on the line, they are the best of the best. At the end of the day, it just plain looks bad. Hurts moral. It aint worth it. We should take care of our own is what i'm saying. All the guys in uniform should get a little extra, but this guy... he gets a little bit more.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

Boohoo. Welcome to the real world, buddy. When I got out of the military no one held my hand, gave me a job, a pension, or health benefits. Get over yourself.

Whatever man, You didn't pop Bin Laden. He did. I have no doubt your ass isn't a target for reprisals like his ass is. So you aint equal. Youneed to get over yourself.

V
edit on 2/13/2013 by Variable because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Variable

Except then we'd have to give a little more to other team members on that raid, or to this vet or that vet, and pretty soon everyone feels entitled to a little extra. Exceptions are made to the retirement rule every once in awhile, but obviously he didn't qualify for the exception. He had options, he chose not to take them, and to cry about it to the media.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
He didn't do his full 20. He should file a VA claim. 20 years is the requirement for retirement. They just can't give all of us who didn't do a full 20 retirement benefits.

You want to see a real dishonor for those in uniform? Look up "Optimal Manning" and "Perform to Serve" and see how badly that affects the fleet.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
first off, no one spends 7.3 trillion dollars hunting a man to throw him over board. so the hero hogwash is for the fantasy inclined, with that aside

" retired from the SEALs in September 2012, thirty-six months before the 20-year requirement for retirement benefits"

oh im sorry i didnt read in my manual of life that says mercanaries get special treatment when retiring early.

what a $#%^&y story

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Well aint that america for ya. america doesn't deserve to be capitalized in these sentences.. Are we the terrorist country?

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNutjob

Surely people don't believe that Seal Team 6 actually killed Bin Laden?

We still do not have a shred of evidence and now we have an 'anonymous' person claiming that he was the one that shot Bin Laden.

More propaganda... zzzzzzzzz....

I totally agree with you, he was dead long ago.

However, all members of the armed forces who put their lives in jeopardy should have free healthcare just like the politicians do. There needs to be a more flexible response in regards to veterans welfare.

There's a deliberate and well planned massacre underway in regards of ex-armed forces personnel. I feel for them regardless of nationality.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Sorry to say but, every soldier is a hero. He knew if he quit early he would forfeit his benefits. Just because he killed someone famous in MSM doesn't make him more heroic then the guy sweeping for bombs. As someone else said his job also would of been a little more cushy then he thought. He deserves no special treatment. He does a job just like everyone else in military. If he wouldn't of been shooter in sure ur wouldn't of quit 36 months early and try to use his military background as a way to quit early and get benefits. He signed the papers just like me and many others did. He knew what was in there.

He is more important then Fort Hood hero denied medal and benefits? I think not!
edit on 14-2-2013 by Scholarly because: (no reason given)

By the way what of that bounty? I'll have to look that up. I know I could live comfy off that for a while. What kind of job to he expect?
edit on 14-2-2013 by Scholarly because: rewars

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   

I Heard Santa Claus didn't get a Pension too........

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   

I find the treatment (I should say.. lack thereof) of American Veterans appalling down there.

My own mother did 3 years service in the RCAF as a photographer (1950-1953) and qualifies and has awesome care in a Veteran's nursing home that is brand new, clean, efficient and top notch medical care (if necessary). It looks more like a hotel than a city funded facility. Each floor has food preparation/service, tables done up nice, laundry done, hair dressers, etc.

Considering most brag the US is the 'best' in the world (at anything) it is only an indication of how downtrodden a society is by the way it treats it's youth, the elderly ...and now it's veterans.

edit on 14-2-2013 by dianashay because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
This story is a bunch of crap.

He decided to get out at 16 yrs because the "rush" was gone.
That's all on him. He should've put more thought into it like, "If i don't do my 20 yrs, i don't qualify for my pension." It sounds like he wasn't very proactive in preparing himself for separation and thought things through. . He sounds like he should've been handed a job when he got out. You have to be proactive and take some responsibility for yourself when you separate, regardless if you "killed Bin Laden" or if you ride a desk.

He could've gone back to his original rating or gone into a training job and rode out the last 4 yrs till he qualified for retirement. Being a SEAL is voluntary.

As a veteran he's eligible for health care thru the VA. Granted the VA is hugely backlogged and something must be done to rectify that. I have fought my own battles in that regard.

But to say he's been been "left in poverty with no pension" is a bunch of crap. It's just a BS sympathy article by Esquire.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Variable
reply to post by Zaphod58

Except it was his job. That was the mission he was sent on.

I agree, but what i am saying is you don't know whats going on with him. We cannot fathom what pressures are put on the guy "Who killed Bin Laden." I think we need to give "That guy" a little wiggle room. These guys put it all on the line, they are the best of the best. At the end of the day, it just plain looks bad. Hurts moral. It aint worth it. We should take care of our own is what i'm saying. All the guys in uniform should get a little extra, but this guy... he gets a little bit more.

He could've reverted back to his old rating in the Navy or taken a training or desk job to ride out the last four years of his career. However he didn't, so he doesn't qualify for a pension. He does have VA health care since he's a vet. Though with the back log in claims, that's a whole 'nother story in itself.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by bg_socalif

Agree totally. And VA isn't backlogged, I only did 4 years and had no trouble signing up for VA benefits. No disability, but that's not their fault, that was my Base's medical team's fault

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

I agree with you. Something just ain't right! I have never served in the military, something I sincerly regret.
But after spending 43 years in a job that has been hell on my body, I cannot understand why Shooter hasn't been banging on the VA's door for months! Even if he doesn't qualiy for disability, he has VA benefits that he EARNED though his service.
This man opted out for a reason. He needs physical care, psychologic and psychiatric evaluation and probably treatment.
I don't give a d##n how you feel about the conspiracy one way or the other. I care about the man who put his life on the line for 17 years for the citizens of this country. We all know this man's life is on the line. There are probably looking for him now. And when he and his family are killed, you won't know a damned thing unless you hear a sound bite on MSM.
Let's get this man and his family some help and some protection.

t

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave_welch
reply to post by bg_socalif

Agree totally. And VA isn't backlogged, I only did 4 years and had no trouble signing up for VA benefits. No disability, but that's not their fault, that was my Base's medical team's fault

They are backlogged, it currently takes about 380 days to process a disability claim. I've been waiting 4 months to get an eval and will likely have to wait 3-4 more. That may be this guys problem, who knows.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by anton74
They are backlogged, it currently takes about 380 days to process a disability claim. I've been waiting 4 months to get an eval and will likely have to wait 3-4 more. That may be this guys problem, who knows.

Indeed - they are backlogged.

I fault two things - one Shinseki was a # General and he's a # VA Chief; he was the brain trust behind the "won't we all feel special if we had a beret too" idea.

Two - every veteran is putting in a claim for the most inane of things hoping to hit the jackpot... They have to take each case seriously and this creates a backlog of frivolous cases that impede the legitimate needs of veterans in distress.

Let's face it everyone gets a TBI when they fall or a mortar shell goes off in proximity, everyone who spends more than 4 years in infantry has knee and back pain etc., come on guys did you enter into this thing as men or what?

I mean if you have a legitimate claim make it I am not a doctor but we all know there are a lot of clerks and jerks who sit behind the wire making silly claims all day long.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join