It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Walk Away.,

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Philippines

I tried to make that feeling in this thread, but it was obviously ignored. Thanks for replying =) I do mean it as a finality in some ways though. Things are messed up and there is no centralized law to fix all

I think you did a great Job.......

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Well said. Very well said indeed. I would honestly love to simply walk away. To leave this rat race, and all the problems it entails, behind for a more simplistic lifestyle. However, I don't really have the means to do so. I'm twenty-one years old with a high school degree, and little work experience from which to draw from. Neither do I have the monetary assets to do anything either, be that attending college, or moving to a remote location.

I feel trapped to be perfectly honest. And with the way that the world is becoming, this worries me greatly. Governments around the world are becoming more and more corrupt, with corrupt politicians at the helm. Prices for basic necessities are increasing, freedoms are slowly disappearing, our food and water is being laced and injected with God knows what, and war is seemingly perpetually on the horizon. All the while, ads for the latest gadget are blaring on the T.V, the average citizen is in a perpetual state of sleep (or rather, ignorance).

I just really wish it were easy for some of us to simply walk away and start over. Unfortunately, not all are able to do so. Especially those who are hesitant to simply leave their family behind. I sometimes sit back and truly ask myself, "Can I simply walk away? Can I truly leave behind those that have helped me? What if they need me, and I'm not there to aid them?"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Your lifestyle sounds appealing. I'm glad that you found happiness in such a location (which, admittedly, sounds
rather nice). I wish you the best.
edit on 28-5-2013 by Lunarian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lunarian
Well said. Very well said indeed. I would honestly love to simply walk away. To leave this rat race, and all the problems it entails, behind for a more simplistic lifestyle. However, I don't really have the means to do so. I'm twenty-one years old with a high school degree, and little work experience from which to draw from. Neither do I have the monetary assets to do anything either, be that attending college, or moving to a remote location.

I feel trapped to be perfectly honest. And with the way that the world is becoming, this worries me greatly. Governments around the world are becoming more and more corrupt, with corrupt politicians at the helm. Prices for basic necessities are increasing, freedoms are slowly disappearing, our food and water is being laced and injected with God knows what, and war is seemingly perpetually on the horizon. All the while, ads for the latest gadget are blaring on the T.V, the average citizen is in a perpetual state of sleep (or rather, ignorance).

I just really wish it were easy for some of us to simply walk away and start over. Unfortunately, not all are able to do so. Especially those who are hesitant to simply leave their family behind. I sometimes sit back and truly ask myself, "Can I simply walk away? Can I truly leave behind those that have helped me? What if they need me, and I'm not there to aid them?"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Your lifestyle sounds appealing. I'm glad that you found happiness in such a location (which, admittedly, sounds
rather nice). I wish you the best.
edit on 28-5-2013 by Lunarian because: (no reason given)

Thanks for your thoughts =)

You're right that not everyone can do it, and I will not pretend to know everyone's personal situation. For people in the USA, it is possible to get out, but you have to let go of what you have and your current lifestyle.

For me, I never graduated college, but landed a job that ended up taking me to the Philippines when I just turned 24.

I think an unsaid point I am trying to make is that you can do anything if you really want to. It is a hard step to take, and when I decided to disconnect from city life and move to the country, I really had to acclimate a LOT. However, I knew I couldn't give up because I would not try to live the rat race again.

But now looking back, I wouldn't have it any other way, and avoid visiting any city as much as possible. Maybe 1-2 times a year.

<< 1   >>

join