12 year old boy arrested for threatening to shoot 23 students and a teacher

page: 1

join

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
hi all

sry if this has been posted I didnt see it

A 7th grader has been arrested for sending an email threatening to shoot 23 students and a teacher.

The email was reported to police and they worked with a multi-agency technology-related crimes task force to find the source

He allegedly threatened to attack the school on Monday, saying he had 3,000 rounds of ammunition

There were five rifles, three shotguns and three handguns in the boys home ,but the cops said they were locked up and he didnt have access to them

That boy probably knew exactly how to get to those guns

www.cbs8.com...

Crisis counselors and extra staff were expected to be at Twin Peaks Middle School Monday to help students cope with their feelings about a 12-year-old boy's threat to open fire on the Poway campus, specifically to kill 23 students and a teacher.

The boy was taken into custody and then to a hospital for treatment and evaluation on Saturday, according to the San Diego County Sheriff's Department

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Well, it looks like the government scaled back their mass-shooting setup operations when they realized sending anonymous emails is easier.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

At least the father was a responsible gun owner and kept his guns locked up. The only thing this father was guilty of was not teaching his son that guns are not used to kill people or settle disputes. I think teaching your children the dangers and consequences of using a gun for the wrong reasons goes along with responsible gun ownership.

Than again, maybe this father did talk to his son about the dangers and this kid was just trying to impress his friends with a lot of tough talk. Who knows what was going through this kids head.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
reply to post by goou111

At least the father was a responsible gun owner and kept his guns locked up. The only thing this father was guilty of was not teaching his son that guns are not used to kill people or settle disputes. I think teaching your children the dangers and consequences of using a gun for the wrong reasons goes along with responsible gun ownership.

Than again, maybe this father did talk to his son about the dangers and this kid was just trying to impress his friends with a lot of tough talk. Who knows what was going through this kids head.

You think "responsibility" is entering this child's mind? NOT happening. This type of personality needs a hell of a lot more than responsibility training. This child needs some serious psych intervention. Even then, I myself would not feel comfortable with him having a steak knife, let alone a gun.
edit on 12-2-2013 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Instead of 'arresting' this kid, and giving him a felony record that will follow him the REST OF HIS LIFE, why didnt they look into why he was wanting to do this, get him into treatment, help him in his life.
Its all about punishment and records nowadays

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   
The kid is lonely. He needs to make freinds.

He also becomes an example of how not to behave.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Still,one wonders why this kid would even think of doing something like this,even if it was a joke(in the worst possible taste).I think his parents should be evaluated too,just to be on the safe side.I mean,does the father maybe tend to talk about others in a hostile way,does he have an attitude/pattern of behavior that this child absorbed?

My first priority would be to assess the parents too,not just the child.Children whose parents try and bring them up in a decent way,dont usually go around threatening atrocities-they dont even joke about it-because its not funny,not even in a joke.

top topics

join