It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Nugent Will Attend State of the Union Address

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Ted Nugent, the unabashed outspoken critic of the Obama administration has been invited to attend the State of the Union address on Tuesday night.

According to the article, Nugent plans on sitting with the House of Representatives and even hold a press conference afterwards!

He also noted that he will not be carrying a weapon as he normally does...

Just when you think you've seen all the strangeness, along comes this.

That press conference afterwards should give him a good platform to -ahem- air out his grievances. Savy move on his part.

Nugent to attend SOTU

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Nugent was given an invite from Texas representative Steve Stockman who is quoted as saying

“‘I am excited to have a patriot like Ted Nugent joining me in the House Chamber to hear from President Obama,’ Stockman said in a press release. ‘After the Address I’m sure Ted will have plenty to say.’ Stockman's office encouraged reporters to schedule interviews with Nugent.”

Additionally,

Stockman promises to have his aides “debunking myths and fact-checking the President” on Twitter during the annual speech to Congress.

Well, I hope everyone gets 'fact checked' now that its been brought up. This should be interesting for sure.

TrailblazerblogDallasNews.com

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Nugent was given an invite from Texas representative Steve Stockman
reply to post by explorer14

This is the kind of responsible elected officials we elect into office? This representative knows how much Nugent has attacked this presidents policy on guns. This representative should be ashamed of himself for using the State of the Union Address as a pulpit and let this loose cannon be present during the presidents speech. Are we going to see the same disrespectful outbursts that we saw from Carolina congressman Joe Wilson during the last State of the Union Address? I swear, we have a lot of elected officials who are there to push their own political agenda instead of conducting the business of our nation.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

Nugent was given an invite from Texas representative Steve Stockman

This is the kind of responsible elected officials we elect into office? This representative knows how much Nugent has attacked this presidents policy on guns. This representative should be ashamed of himself for using the State of the Union Address as a pulpit and let this loose cannon be present during the presidents speech. Are we going to see the same disrespectful outbursts that we saw from Carolina congressman Joe Wilson during the last State of the Union Address? I swear, we have a lot of elected officials who are there to push their own political agenda instead of conducting the business of our nation.

Not the least of which, is King Obama himself.

He has earned some serious righteous opposition.

I can think of no one better than 'the madman from Detroit'

edit on 12-2-2013 by HIWATT because: add

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I wonder if he will write a song like he did for Billary...You can kiss my A$$. I laughed so hard the first time I heard that.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Any publicity is 'good' publicity at some point.
Here's Uncle Ted mixing it up with Fox's Hannity in 2007

Also - here is a handy link for C-SPAN's live coverage later today:

C-SPAN.org/SOTU
edit on 12-2-2013 by explorer14 because: add link

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Thanks - Searched for it, but didn't see it.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Stay away Ted, stay away, bad things happen to people Obama doesn't like, when they come into his presence.

edit on 082828p://bTuesday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
I swear, we have a lot of elected officials who are there to push their own political agenda instead of conducting the business of our nation.

Originally posted by HIWATT

He has earned some serious righteous opposition.

I can think of no one better than 'the madman from Detroit'

I pretty much agree with the above - and would like to add a quote from one of my favorite bands:

Tough times demand tough talk Demand tough hearts demand tough songs Demand --

ForceTen Lyrics+Video

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I think Uncle Teddy can hold his own. Anything that is said or done, he'll chew it up and spit it right back at them...Gotta admire people like that, as I am one also.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Apparently Ted has some issues with underage women. Some might call that pedophilia....

www.rawstory.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 12-2-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I have heard a lot of back and forth on this one. His music is ok but he's an opportunistic right wing tur$ IMHO.
Chickenhawk draft dodging pedophile turned patriot? how nice.....the right will buy anyone who's anti Obama.

And no I'm not an Obama fanboy.

new topics

top topics

join