Dr. Oz, Sandy Hook, Drill, 3rd Grader. Slip of the Tongue?

page: 1

join

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I am sorry for bringing up yet another question in regards to the Sandy Hook events but I found this video that I found fairly interesting, as it is going to be making its rounds I thought I would post it to have that once over by you ATS. I have children and sometimes they say things they don't mean to say and attempt to fix it. This, in my mind, is just part of learning to express yourself and learning the process of articulation. I posed in my title a question of a slip of the tongue but it really isn't a question of whether or not it happened because it did. The question actually is posed to what it meant

In the video Dr. Oz is talking to a 3rd grader from Sandy Hook about the events of that day and his experiences. The little boy then attempts to explain and is obviously nervous but slips and says they were having a drill. His eyes immediately shift to the Woman next to him as he tries to fix the slip. Dr. Oz then, also immediately changes the subject by asking another question.

Is this a case of "Out of the mouths of babes" or the use of an incorrect word? If it was the use of an incorrect word why would that one be used? I am not going to try and say it would not be a word that the child would use as I am sure he is familiar with fire drill in the very least.

Please remain civil because I would really like a consensus of opinion on this one. Thank you.

Here is the video:
edit on 11-2-2013 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Well, it could be that he was comparing his experience to when they have had drills in the past and had to hide under something or away from something. In his young mind, that's probably the closest thing he has to compare it to.

Even though he was mumbling, he sort of said "like when we were having a drill", indicating a comparison.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
This was my thinking as well. I have a feeling through past experience that this video is going to go viral due to people not paying attention or simply taking the word of the posters and I wanted to take a moment to break it down before it starts but then again it is only our opinion on what it really was meant to mean.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I have to agree guys...
Sounds like the kid was trying to compare it to what he did when they had drills prior to the incident.
I'm thinking Oz changed topics cause the boy was having a hard time articulating.

On a side note, wtf are these kids on Dr Oz for anyway?
Leave these people alone already, doesn't anyone else see all this as exploiting a tragedy or is it just me?

Also, when are they going to run out of colors for tragedies?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
They're exploiting the children, that is what they do when waging psyops against its own populace.
Not a single student of that school has been interviewed describing anything other than a drill.
I'd love to be proven wrong!

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Man, I hope Dr. Oz isn't apart of any conspiracy.. He's so awesome

I don't think this video is suspicious though, does sound more like a comparison.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Yes, he says, "like when we were have a drill" the guys asks another question because the kid is taking too much time answering, even though he says "take your time" time cost a lot of money on TV.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I agree, it seems that he was comparing his experience with the one he had during the drills, though he does say 'like' about 4 times within the short space so don't think was saying 'like when we had a drill', he just says 'like' a lot whilst thinking.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82
They're exploiting the children, that is what they do when waging psyops against its own populace.
Not a single student of that school has been interviewed describing anything other than a drill.
I'd love to be proven wrong!

You keep saying this, but be realistic. What parent in the world would let their child, who was WITHOUT A DOUBT traumatized beyond belief, speak to the media about this? There were not many survivors that actually WITNESSED the rampage. If you think those couple of kids are not still dealing with what they saw, you're out of your mind.

As I have said all along, there are plenty of questions to be asked. But I fail to see what you think is being proven by the fact that none of the very small number of first-hand witnesses are going public proves.

As for the adults...you've seen whats been done to the few that have spoken publicly, right? Harassed, called names, baselessly accused of horrendous things? Why on earth would they want to subject themselves to that, especially when they, too, are SURELY still healing from what they saw.

All of that said, the topic of this thread is simple, and a non-point, just like the other one on the same topic. This is what teachers are taught to do in and emergency. You dont tell kids "THERE'S A FIRE!" or "SOME GUY'S OUT THERE SHOOTING". You say "Lockdown drill, remember what we have practiced". That simple.

Or do you expect this?:
edit on 19-2-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

new topics

join