It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking - Artificial Earthquake Detected in North Korea

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackangel13
so where were all the aliens that hang out around all things nuclear and always step in to prevent nuclear things from happening?????

The aliens remember how their last nuclear test went
and thought why bother.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
even with a 21kt bomb they DPRK could take out the Pacific Fleet how ? just nuke pearl www.carloslabs.com... or take out Sole, South Korea, they could hit San Diego with one 21 kt nuke, but i think they would use all there nukes in one hit, thought to be about 12 if the math is done this link shows the 2006 not the 2009, www.fas.org... nice times we live in the nukes might fly after all. yes i do think DPRK could launch all 12 war heads at once.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad
reply to post by 1ibl2ibs

Found this Linked from Here:
live.reuters.com...
To Here:
twitter.com...

This compares the new test to the old ones.. Red is New..

See how it just starts without ramping up? Nuke test...

Definitely stronger than the last one, but not a 10 kiloton..
edit on 2/11/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

There is a problem with that graphic..... the waveform is IDENTICAL in all but amplitude. I call BS.

Due to different test location, and maybe different technique, the waveform would not match IDENTICALLY like it does there. That is impossible.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mirageofdeceit

Originally posted by Dustytoad
reply to post by 1ibl2ibs

Found this Linked from Here:
live.reuters.com...
To Here:
twitter.com...

This compares the new test to the old ones.. Red is New..

See how it just starts without ramping up? Nuke test...

Definitely stronger than the last one, but not a 10 kiloton..
edit on 2/11/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

There is a problem with that graphic..... the waveform is IDENTICAL in all but amplitude. I call BS.

Due to different test location, and maybe different technique, the waveform would not match IDENTICALLY like it does there. That is impossible.

So they are hiding the real waveform. Because it is much stronger?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I think i should post this for those of you who believe that NK is a tin pot army, not capable
of doing serious damage to the United states or South Korea.

Actually it is very unlikely that the US can contain the NK army, US planners see's it forces being overrun in less than 3 hours.

The US army in Korea is equipped with Paladin anti-artillery guns that can trace enemy shells back to the guns and fire shells at the enemy guns with pin-point accuracy. However, it takes for the Paladins about 10 min to locate the enemy guns, during which time the Paladins would be targeted by the enemy guns Gen. Thomas A Schwartz, a former US army commander in Korea, stated that the US army in Korea would be destroyed in less than three hours.

Source

So maybe we should quit the chest beating and start paying attention.
edit on 12-2-2013 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Don't think it would take too much effort for the US to call up Ryan Gang again. I wonder if a surface test would be enough for a round 2.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
North Korea has been at war with the United States since the 1950s. They have been researching nuclear weapons and missile technology ever since. They probably had enough fissile material for one nuclear bomb sometime in the 1980s before A.Q. Khan could dream of producing a weapon. Anyone who thinks the North Koreans are too stupid to know how to build deliverable nuclear weapons is completely wrong.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by framedragged
reply to post by Bedlam

Don't think it would take too much effort for the US to call up Ryan Gang again. I wonder if a surface test would be enough for a round 2.

I don't know if they've provided a nice target again like they did last time LOL. You have to admit, you'd pretty much have to take that shot.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
I think i should post this for those of you who believe that NK is a tin pot army, not capable
of doing serious damage to the United states or South Korea.

Actually it is very unlikely that the US can contain the NK army, US planners see's it forces being overrun in less than 3 hours.

The US army in Korea is equipped with Paladin anti-artillery guns that can trace enemy shells back to the guns and fire shells at the enemy guns with pin-point accuracy. However, it takes for the Paladins about 10 min to locate the enemy guns, during which time the Paladins would be targeted by the enemy guns Gen. Thomas A Schwartz, a former US army commander in Korea, stated that the US army in Korea would be destroyed in less than three hours.

Source

So maybe we should quit the chest beating and start paying attention.
edit on 12-2-2013 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

Absolutely correct. NK may not have the latest tech (and would be hopelessly out-matched in an air war), but they have an absolutely huge fighting force of brainwashed people willing to die for their dear leader - and a huge amount of artillery and rockets. Any kind of ground operation against NK would be futile (read some of the numbers in the above report) even if the US had a draft to bolster their numbers! The US losses would be unimaginable and totally unacceptable to the US people.

We can't do anything - militarily - about NK. Bombing them would trigger absolute hell. Invading them is out of the question. All we can do is wait for China to sort them our or wait for them to collapse all on their own. In the meantime, let's hope nothing happens to trigger a conflict because it would not end well for anybody.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
You guys have it all wrong.

We would CERTAINLY win a war against North Korea. And it won't even involve injury, death or arms.

All we have to do, when and if they declare some sort of conflict or war against South Korea or the United States is go in there, offer up some of our finest looking women (I don't discriminate so all races, ethniticty and sexual preference), drugs, gourmet food and Hip Hop / Rock N' Roll to the military and people of North Korea and BOOM we just won.

We Americans will add their biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. There culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile. Enjoy!

Meanwhile, our banksters will go in stealth mode and hijack those NK nukes, turn around and sell them on the black market to Iran annnnd Rinse and Repeat!

Ain't America Grand? I love this country!

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Curio

Actually I was stationed there and yes there would be some casualties but your description is way off base. First we will not strike first we are primarily set for defense and all plans involve falling back to Soul until reinforcements from Japan arrive but we are far superior technologically and SK is very prepared for invasion tank traps are set everywhere. Anyway there is a lot you could read up on that lays out how things would go down.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
Why do people who live in nuclear armed countries who are regularly involved in wars and military actions around the world want to protest a country testing a nuclear weapon?

Hypocrisy much?

Maybe because a lot of us aren't comfortable with our own leaders having nukes.

No reason to have them around, they're a relic from a past time.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Did France face any sanctions for the 93 nuclear tests that were carried out in Polynesia from 1966 to 1996 ?

Dont think so.

As much as im opposed and disgusted by NK's actions i just cant get over UN's hypocrisy on this matter.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I think China is extremely angry with North Korea. It did summon its "ambassordor" today and I dont think it was for a Chinese Banquet! More likely an angry Chinese takeaway for Kimmy to think about. I suspect the message sent back to the North Korean leadership is pack it in NOW or never mind the USA invading you, WE will be doing a regime change of our own and it will probably be with USA blessing too. As in USA agree to China taking over North Korea and leaving Twaiwan and Japan alone. Has anyone thought of that scenerio happening?

I dont think, and I hope and pray WW3 will not start over this. China has supported the UN Security Council today. I think China sees North Korea as an angry appendix that needs to be sorted out. I am sure a deal will be done over North Korea. Perhaps a joint Chinese/Western coup of some sort to get rid of the regime with something more palatable for all concerned?

I too feel so sorry for the ordinary North Koreans who are held hostage in all of this, and not to mention the millions who died in the concentration camps which still operate even as I submit this post. If and when North Korea is liberated, I suspect the death camps will cause shock and revulsion the world over. War Crimes committed by the regime, since technically it is still at war. And certaintly Crimes Against Humanity. I hope there is a special place reserved in Hell for these murderers.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Most of you probably don’t remember when the agreement was reached to stop testing nukes but some countries kept going with it. It is my firm belief that most of the health problems today are a direct result from raising the radiation level worldwide. Fukishima and Chernobyl are nothing compared to what has been done from test nukes.

Take a few minutes and watch this video it starts off boring but become mesmerizing.

edit on 12-2-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
Most of you probably don’t remember when the agreement was reached to stop testing nukes but some countries kept going with it. It is my firm belief that most of the health problems today are a direct result from raising the radiation level worldwide. Fukishima and Chernobyl are nothing compared to what has been done from test nukes.

Take a few minutes and watch this video it starts off boring but become mesmerizing.

I completely agree. I have always felt that cancer deaths have in part have been caused by the nuke tests. I know cancer is caused by faulty genes and it is all a genetic monuclear problem, but I cant but help but think that the nuclear testing and accidents like Fukishima and Chernobyl are to blame as well. I lost my Mother to cancer and I am sure many of us here have lost someone or known someone who has lost someone to this evil disease. We cant blame an act of nature but by God I am angry if it will be one day proven there is a direct link to what you are talking about. It is a crime against not only humanity but to Planet Earth itself. I have given you a star because i applaud your thinking on this issue.
I dont applaud the nuke tests though.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
reply to post by Curio

Actually I was stationed there and yes there would be some casualties but your description is way off base. First we will not strike first we are primarily set for defense and all plans involve falling back to Soul until reinforcements from Japan arrive but we are far superior technologically and SK is very prepared for invasion tank traps are set everywhere. Anyway there is a lot you could read up on that lays out how things would go down.

How is my description way off base then? Of course the US/SK is set for defense - that's because an attack on NK would be foolish in the extreme and why I said it would never happen. Even with the defensive posture and fall back to Seoul, trying to push NK back behind the border would be a huge fight and would result in massive casualties. It's something I pray we never have to experience.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
excuse me but how come USA and other EU countries were allowed to test nukes and when North Koreans did its "OMG EVIL!"... I don't side with any kind of nuke tests but the hypocricy bums me...

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Curio

Yes there would be massive casualties but not so much on the US side if you think that which is what you said then yes you are pretty far off base. I am only going off of my experience there and briefings I had to sit through. They even shut down the bases that were in artillery range of NK when I was there which we felt we were sacrificial units. Camp speed bump we used to joke.

Unless you think it would be like the Korean War which my uncle has told me stories where they had pushed them so far north until China sent their troops in, he said they would come wave after wave into machine gun fire. That type of warfare is not viable anymore but of course you know that. I was only a lowly corporal at the time so if you had a different experience when you were there please explain.

Even those that I met that escaped from NK thought it would be pretty one sided.

add

You should know that due to treaties we do not have first strike capability, I am starting to wonder if you have even been there because a lot of what you’re saying is completely wrong.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

It is obvious that any North Korean ICBM is a threat to an extent. Still...the U.S. Missile Defense has been designed to destroy much more capable missiles that the North can build as well as detect the right target when a MIRV deploys counter measures.

The U.S. Missile Defense Shield is much more further along than most people realize and it has been slowly getting better for decades. Recent breakthroughs have multiplied it's effectiveness many times. It will shortly be a very big issue to Russia and China.

Split Infinity

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join