It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Speeding motorcyclist beaten and Tasered by six police after putting hands up and surrender

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Speeding motorcyclist beaten and Tasered by six police after putting hands up and surrender

www.news.com.au

A MOTORCYCLIST was beaten and Tasered by police as he lay on the ground begging not to be beaten following a high-speed chase.
Video from the dashboard camera of a police car shows 22-year-old Mateo Falconi with his hands in the air as Collier County deputy Robert Lewis III moves toward him with his gun pulled, punches Falconi in the jaw and knocks him to the ground saying, “I’ll kill you mother…er.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Police brutality alive and well.

It seems from so many other threads in the last 12 months that this kind of behaviour from law enforcement is becoming far too common.

In this video from the above source we see 6 police officers beating a man who lead them on a high speed chase. He was tasered at the same time. His repeated cries for them to stop fell on deaf ears.

On one side he should not have led them on a chase, put others lives at risk and stopped when he was asked too.

On the other side the police have no right to beat him up, especially when he was not resisting once he stopped.

I think they were way to heavy handed with him. Does it continue to set new terms for the police to brutalise people?

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Well considering that there are about 35,000 arrests per day in the US I don't see why this one incident would set a standard.

The police were certainly wrong but the majority of the time this doesn't happen.

I believe you would just have to classify this as an isolated incident. Now if 34,000 of these daily arrests contained police brutality I'd say we had a major problem.

Deal with these cops, give the guy a nice lawsuit win, and move on.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Well, what the guy did was patently insane and who knows how rough the pursuit got for people nearly getting killed. Perhaps thats even a good question to ask for why he was being pursued at all, since many cities flat will NOT put people's lives in danger for a runner on a traffic violation or other penny ante offense.

That aside though, whatever the guy's behavior, the cops are so far beyond unprofessional here it's pathetic and shameful to see. Especially given this being an Australian news source by looking here. Oh...shameful indeed.

At the very least, those first two in ought to be out serving burgers and inquiring about people's desire to have french fries with their lunch. I wouldn't put them there without anger management classes though. They really need them. Badly. Nothing he did by running warrants that, given his total surrender clearly seen by all.

I GET the fact the cops are blasted out on adrenaline after a high speed pursuit....but those two can't deal with it, obviously, and need to seek careers elsewhere.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Maybe he was running because he knew they would behave in that way. Certainly anyone who reads the threads on ats would be worrying about what might happen if they stop.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Well considering that there are about 35,000 arrests per day in the US I don't see why this one incident would set a standard.

Maybe this one incident won't set a standard, but the frequency of this kind of attacks does seem to be very common.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

That aside though, whatever the guy's behavior, the cops are so far beyond unprofessional here it's pathetic and shameful to see. Especially given this being an Australian news source by looking here. Oh...shameful indeed.

Your right and it certainly is not the way to be be presenting ones police force to the world. I think the incident is somewhere in the states.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Bet he won't be leading police on high speed chases anymore.

Couldn't see the video because it won't load. But if allegations are true, then charges should be filed against the officers.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I found more info...

Originally from Ecuador, Falconi was leaving a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu academy in Naples on Oct. 18 around 9:30 p.m. According to Lewis’ written report, he clocked Falconi going 67 mph in a 45 mph zone headed north on Livingston Road.

Lewis, who was going south, made a U-turn and caught up to Falconi’s Honda motorcycle. When Lewis turned on his overhead emergency lights Falconi took off and Lewis pursued him.

The chase continued onto Vanderbilt Beach Road. “(W)e reached a speed of 110 mph,” Lewis’ report stated.

Source

It was just over the guy being stupid on a motorcycle. He was that....but sure didn't deserve what he got for it. The cop seems to forget his willing and open surrender was on camera too. Err... Ooops on the cops for that one and really, the bike at 110mph on surface streets is crazy stupid. A whole parade of police cars racing in from different directions on top of the ones FOLLOWING at that speed is negligent insanity, IMO. For speeding? Really? What if a kid got killed.... like another thread I recently made on a case that didn't end so well on a shoplifter.

Nuts.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by magma
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Your right and it certainly is not the way to be be presenting ones police force to the world. I think the incident is somewhere in the states.

I will grant you that but we also have to ask ourselves if the frequency is actually increasing or not?

How many cases happened like this before there were cameras everywhere to record them? I would actually bet that since cops know they are being taped that the frequency has dropped as compared to say the 1970's.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

hope your IP is hidden, casue them there is terrorism words......

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
They'll get away with it, you know it, I know it, they know it. Who is going to stop them? Rule of Law? Don't make me lugh, the Law exists to keep rich men rich and the rest of us subservient and in fear. Do not raise your head above the parapet because they will shoot you between the eyes as an example to the rest.

We sat back, we were confident it couldn't happen here, too late, it happened and there is nothing you or I can do about it.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Blah Blah Blah.
2nd

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by magma
reply to post by winofiend

hope your IP is hidden, casue them there is terrorism words......

I forget what era we live in. Seems the time to get serial has come and stuck around.

I'll just have to hug them and kiss them and pat them and smooch them.

I wonder if kim dotcom has a spare room.. o.O

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

Who does that cop think he is? A US soldier in Iraq? Because by the looks of it is hes treating him like a terrorist.

Great link thanks for posting.
edit on 21-2-2013 by CrypticSouthpaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Hasn't this been covered already ?
I understand perfectly how the cops feel. That IDIOT put other peoples lives at risk. If in his attempt to escape by riding at dangerous speeds he had hit and killed one of your family members, you would not be screaming 'abuse' at the cops.
I'm totally against police brutality because in most cases it's unwarranted. In this case, i would have beaten the living daylights out of that prick myself.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
i agree, i saw that perspective too. But then again i saw another perspective. He is a cop and sets an image. Even if you are furious and think you should show the guy hes a goof through some violence. The thing is, Cops should go through a screening test to weed guys like that out. You gutta beable to get punched in the face and not kill the dude. Very important. They are there to help the people and if people react like any other citizen well. Why be a cop if they are just a citizen in a cops body?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
This is just terrible behaviour perpetrated by those who are there to serve and protect.
It's not surprising though, these incidents are all too frequent now and these cowardly scumbags who act all tough with their badge and gun just seem to get off on hurting people.
Whether they're women or the elderly or vets at protests, unarmed civilians they're arresting or people they pull over or routinely stop, these assholes just have to have their fix of violence.

Just awful.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by CrypticSouthpaw

The next thing we will see cops shooting people for more serious offenses. They still should have kept their cool and handled it in a professional way.

top topics

join