It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Archeologists Unearth Alien-Like Skulls In A Mexico Cemetery

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Yet another example of binding from around the world. This is historically documented from various periods in our past and from various locations around the world. There are various "styles" of binding - for example, some of the Hunnic tribes favoured a ridged effect (think Klingon style as a bad example!).

In other words, this practice isn't Archeological fancy. It is documented, recorded and measured. Regarding the point about cranial volume, i simply do not know enough about this aspect to make any useful observations one way or another. It is certainly an interesting point that is raised though.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by byGRACE

Where did the idea come from?

Where did the idea for this come from?

People are strange. People have strange ideas about what is beautiful.

edit on 2/11/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

thanks for the pics, you made me throw up my breakfast. lol

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

reply to post by byGRACE

Where did the idea come from?

Where did the idea for this come from?

People are strange. People have strange ideas about what is beautiful.

edit on 2/11/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
I'm sure if people saw the remains of a lady with long neck, it would be speculated as an alien skeleton should the living tribe(s) in Africa and Burma wern't around

LINK1
LINk2
edit on 12-2-2013 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Interesting topic the binding of skulls. One theory is that they were trying to be more god-like and replicate ancient visitors from above who they perceived as their gods. You'd need a pretty good reason to do that to yourself, which must take years to achieve.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
skull looks like my mother in law...nothing strange with it.....normal human skull...
different shape coused by meddeling dissease
edit on 12-2-2013 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
It would be interesting if they reconstructed the face like they did with our King Richard III recently dug up in a council car park. Then we can see how human they look.

Richard III
edit on 12-2-2013 by fiftyfifty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
That`s not a human skull, look at where the nose was it`s covered with a bone, human skulls have a hole where the nose was.

You're mistaking the recess between the cheek and the temporal bones for the orbital socket. This is a side view and you can see the nasal bone in profile. The only abnormal thing about this skull is the shape of the parietal bone, which is characteristic of head-binding, a regional practice in antiquity.
edit on 12-2-2013 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
That is not a human skull, there are fundamental differences between that skull and a human skull that even binding can not account for.

The nose area has a bone, human noses don`t have bones in the nose we have cartilage that decomposes and leaves a hole in the skull where the nose was.That skull clearly has a bone where the nose was.

The eye sockets are not round, the slant of the eye on that skull is not caused by an eyelid because there is no skin on that skull.The slant of the eye socket is being created by bone on that skull,human skulls have round eye sockets the slant of our eyes is created by eyelids which are made of skin.

Human eyeballs are round which means that the height depth of the eyeball in that skull would have to equal the width of the socket if it was a human skull. An eyeball that was the same height and depth as the width of that eye socket would protrude way too far into the brain cavity if it was a human skull.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

Oh good. Another expert who looks at a picture (with an incorrect perspective) and disputes what archeologists in the field who have examined the skeletons have found.

You are looking at the posterior/side of the skull. See that triangular piece of bone on the left? That is the nasal bone. What you think is the eye is the temporal bone. You can't see the eye socket of the Mexico skull.
www.daviddarling.info...

edit on 2/12/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Hope the diagrams help.

You have no way of determining roundness of the orbital sockets from a side view.

Also, humans do have nasal bones which run from the bridge partway down the length of the nose. This is clearly visible in both of the attached pics.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

But..but you used the easy way to explain it.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

thats the most realistic skull i have seen up to now

the ridge/crest that runs from forehead to the top of the skull?

very very mind blowing as i have never seen an elongated skull

with this trait , so its a big WOW factor from me

star and flag

ps someone will come along and deny this oh wait they already have

take no notice of them

thats a great find in my book

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by maryhinge
reply to post by shauny

thats the most realistic skull i have seen up to now

the ridge/crest that runs from forehead to the top of the skull?

very very mind blowing as i have never seen an elongated skull

with this trait , so its a big WOW factor from me

star and flag

ps someone will come along and deny this oh wait they already have

take no notice of them

thats a great find in my book

Objectivity abounds in the realm of pseudoscience.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2

Hope the diagrams help.

You have no way of determining roundness of the orbital sockets from a side view.

Also, humans do have nasal bones which run from the bridge partway down the length of the nose. This is clearly visible in both of the attached pics.

That doesn`t make any sense, according to your diagram the mouth is located on the side of the skull.
we can see in that picture a profile view of the mouth and chin,directly above the mouth is where the nose is located,at least for most humans it is.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by maryhinge

Have you never heard of head binding? (question rather than attack). It was common in some parts of the world at various points throughout history.

I would be interested in other theories if unexplainable artifacts were also discovered with them - there might possibly be something to it then. However, these were found with other skeletons and no mention of mysterious artifacts in an area were people have used head binding techniques. In other words, it all fits into known history.

Who knows what is out there though? Perhaps somewhere there are beings with freakily shaped heads. These ones though just happen to belong to ancient locals that thought they had boring head shapes so they should do something about it!

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

So the diagram of the skull is wrong?
You mean our jaw joint isn't on the side of our head? You mean we don't have teeth on the sides of our mouth?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

So the diagram of the skull is wrong?
You mean our jaw joint isn't on the side of our head? You mean we don't have teeth on the sides of our mouth?

i see the profile of the jawbone and the mouth and the chin which is why i`m having a hard time creating the perspective of the left eye socket being above the right side of the mouth, i`m not saying it isn`t i`m just saying i can`t visulize in my mind how it would be possible.
edit on 12-2-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by Phage

No. I am saying they are not going to blindly challenge the system and get discredited. Would you have gone against the teachings of your profession if you weren't absolutely sure you were right and destroy your livelyhood?
Yeah can you imagine them announcing they found alien skulls?never going to happen.
But I can imagine the whispers among some of them whether these are natural skull bindings.I'm sure someone has asked privately of course
Not only imo is the volume off but I would think that there would be more physical evidence on the bone itself of binding,as in the sides of the skull looks too smooth and natural.

I also wanted to add that even if it is binding as children they would have had to wear these binding contraptions until they stopped growing because the skull would try to go back to it;s natural shape otherwise.
edit on 12-2-2013 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Try this.
The head is turned slightly to the right.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

hi, man...
i am a skull collector,, what i spy with my eye, is that it looks real enough,,,
and you see that high center line in the skull? that is and indication of very large jaw muscles,,,
that means less brain space normally...
this has been compensated with lenght of the skull....
interesting.... could bee some early hominid,,,
made more intelligent by prolonging the brain space....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join