Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Archeologists Unearth Alien-Like Skulls In A Mexico Cemetery

page: 1
16
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   




Archeologists have unearthed what looks like a cone-shaped alien skull from 1,000 years ago in Mexico. The skull, which dates from 945 A.D. to 1308 A.D., was discovered accidentally while digging an irrigation system in the northwest state of Sonora in Mexico. Cristina Garcia Moreno, who worked on the project with Arizona State University, explained that 13 of the 25 skulls found in the Hispanic cemetery had these deformed heads. “We don’t know why this population specifically deformed their heads,” Moreno told ABC News. The site, known as El Cementerio, was discovered in 1999, but the team just completed their analysis of the skeletal remains last month. They plan to continue their research during the next field season. Archaeologists also discovered artifacts on the site, like pendants, nose rings and jewelry. They said the deformation of human skulls was part of an ancient ritual that took place 1,000 years ago. The deformation was achieved by binding a person’s head between two blocks of wood to apply pressure on the skull by wrapping the wood with bands. “Cranial deformation has been used by different societies in the world as a ritual practice, or for distinction of status within a group or to distinguish between social groups,” Moreno told ABC News. “The reason why these individuals at El Cementerio deformed their skulls is still unknown.” The team said that many of the bones unearthed were the remains of children, leading them to believe the practice of deforming skulls “may have been inlet and dangerous.” The Chinook of the U.S. Northwest and the Choctaw of the U.S. Southeast both were known for practicing skull deformation as well. Moreno told ABC that people deformed their heads in Mexico because they wanted to distinguish important people, or they wanted to distinguish people from one group from another.




I searched about 100 times for this on ATS. So it ain't been posted, or the search as usual, is rubbish


So what you all think? Look weird to me. I am not saying I 100% think they are Alien, but they look "odd"

Shauny
 
edit on Tue Feb 12 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Starting a New Thread?...Look Here FirstAboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sitesplease post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item, as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.




posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Fair question....? Didn't they have a way to deliberately elongate the heads in past times? I know things like the neck is elongated in some African tribes by adding a ring at frequent intervals, essentially for years or life. Each ring, adding just a hair more length as growth compensates. Is that possible with the skull? (I seem to recall hearing it was...but not sure?)

Even if those are humans after contemporary modification like that, it's a great find! How fascinating. Something also tells me that one of these days they are going to find skeletons far enough outside expected norms to really blaze headlines with. Just a hunch... S/F!



posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Trying to "wrap my head" around those eye sockets.



posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Wikireply to post by Wrabbit2000
 


You are correct, see link.

Mayas, Incas plus others.



posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Plus two more threads i found also, all in a single search...

edit on 11-2-2013 by Toxicsurf because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by shauny




Archeologists have unearthed what looks like a cone-shaped alien skull from 1,000 years ago in Mexico. The skull, which dates from 945 A.D. to 1308 A.D., was discovered accidentally while digging an irrigation system in the northwest state of Sonora in Mexico. Cristina Garcia Moreno, who worked on the project with Arizona State University, explained that 13 of the 25 skulls found in the Hispanic cemetery had these deformed heads. “We don’t know why this population specifically deformed their heads,” Moreno told ABC News. The site, known as El Cementerio, was discovered in 1999, but the team just completed their analysis of the skeletal remains last month. They plan to continue their research during the next field season. Archaeologists also discovered artifacts on the site, like pendants, nose rings and jewelry. They said the deformation of human skulls was part of an ancient ritual that took place 1,000 years ago. The deformation was achieved by binding a person’s head between two blocks of wood to apply pressure on the skull by wrapping the wood with bands. “Cranial deformation has been used by different societies in the world as a ritual practice, or for distinction of status within a group or to distinguish between social groups,” Moreno told ABC News. “The reason why these individuals at El Cementerio deformed their skulls is still unknown.” The team said that many of the bones unearthed were the remains of children, leading them to believe the practice of deforming skulls “may have been inlet and dangerous.” The Chinook of the U.S. Northwest and the Choctaw of the U.S. Southeast both were known for practicing skull deformation as well. Moreno told ABC that people deformed their heads in Mexico because they wanted to distinguish important people, or they wanted to distinguish people from one group from another.




I searched about 100 times for this on ATS. So it ain't been posted, or the search as usual, is rubbish


So what you all think? Look weird to me. I am not saying I 100% think they are Alien, but they look "odd"

Shauny


The "cranial binding" theory is a perfect example of how presumed "skeptics" often switch off their thinking processes when considering evidence of strange/paranormal subjects.

Binding the skull with 2 boards and rope, even at infanthood, will not under any circumstances increase the overall interior volume of the skull. Even if the skull in this particular story is not legitimate, the Peru skulls which inspired the cranial binding theory have nearly TWICE the interior volume of a normal skull.



posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
That`s not a human skull, look at where the nose was it`s covered with a bone, human skulls have a hole where the nose was.



posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny
 


I think this was posted earlier....something about farthest north an elongated skull has ever been found...I will find it...brb

AboveTopSecret
edit on 11-2-2013 by ParanoidAmerican because: provided link



posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
A good question concerning binding would be, why did they begin binding? Where did the idea come from? Possibly from a friendly visit who knows.



posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus
 


The eyes also are strangely slitted.



posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
That certainly looks interesting.

If I had been there and had taken part in unearthing it I would probably think Alien myself.

I think it was the Japanese that would bind feet and there is an African tribe that elongates their necks and South American tribes that stretch out their ears, Could you imagine a culture that did all of that then I would be screaming Alien.

It is amazing what is considered desirable in different cultures.
edit on 11-2-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
That`s not a human skull, look at where the nose was it`s covered with a bone, human skulls have a hole where the nose was.

There is nothing irregular about the nasal bone in the picture. Races have different bone structures, I would say this person? did have a large nose. Skull binding was common in the region some of the best come from Peru (visit the Lima Museum if you ever get the chance). Nasal bones are also very delicate and can chip off flush with the cheeks and eye orbits if it is not in a pristine environment. Nasal bone as you can see on this stadard image they do protrude, now compound that with the streaching of the skull.



posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by byGRACE
 




Where did the idea come from?

Where did the idea for this come from?


People are strange. People have strange ideas about what is beautiful.

edit on 2/11/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
anyone with eyes should be able to see that is not a human skull. Don't even look at the elongation just look at the rest of it. It may be some sort of humanoid but is definitely not human. I wonder what the face and forehead would look like with that facial structure. Is it real is the next question. Just because they are archeologists doesn't mean they are honest. there has been another thread on this before.



posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse
 


anyone with eyes should be able to see that is not a human skull.

Yeah. I doubt archeologists can recognize a human skull. They hardly ever encounter them.
Have you worked with a lot of skulls?
edit on 2/11/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by rickymouse
 


anyone with eyes should be able to see that is not a human skull.

Yeah. I doubt archeologists can recognize a human skull. They hardly ever encounter them.
Have you worked with a lot of skulls?
edit on 2/11/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)


No but I have seen skulls and have researched shapes of all the known humanoids. The bone structure above the nose is definitely not human. The eye sockets aren't normal either. It's probably just an unidentified humanoid species, I doubt if it is alien. According to Hopi legends there were some odd but friendly beings with long necks and very skinny waists that lived in the caves in the hills. They brought their ancestors into the caves when there was a big water event and saved them. Maybe these are the beings, but it's hard to see if they have long necks. Maybe translation was wrong and long heads is really what it was supposed to be.

I'm sure that the archeologists know these aren't normal human skulls.

Have you worked with any human skulls Phage?
edit on 11-2-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse
 

Did you consider that skull may be damaged? Have you seen pictures of other skulls found at the site? Did you watch the video?


Have you worked with any human skulls Phage?
No. That's why I pay attention to those who do.
edit on 2/11/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by byGRACE
 


There are many theories about why only certain skulls were bound (not all people in a society did it). The most common explanation is that it was a mark of nobility. Many argue that they were trying to mimic something they seen as well, I personnaly think it is a mix of the two. Many remains of nobles have been found to have this feature from Egypt to South America.



posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse
 


So you are a skull expert? What are your credentials I am just wondering because you are saying you know more than archeologists. I have seen skulls as well but that doesn’t mean a gosh darn thing.



posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
That`s not a human skull, look at where the nose was it`s covered with a bone, human skulls have a hole where the nose was.


**Touches his own large nasal bones which are roughly the exact same size relative to his skull as the ones the 'alien' skull has**

Holy molly im an Alien!

Sorry don't mean to be an ass, but do people ever read anatomy books? Its those bones that causes you to have a broken nose if your punched in the face hard enough.

The ancient people of South America are also well known for having pretty big conks... I mean just take a look at their artwork, those are noses even a roman would be proud of. Had a intermediate school teacher once whos bridge of their nose was literally 2 inches out from their eyes... looked like a giant parrots beak in profile.
edit on 11-2-2013 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)





new topics

top topics



 
16
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join