It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is "The Harlem Shake" what finally makes aliens destroy the human race?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Today the Pope (quite possibly the last one) announced his retirement, lighting struck the vatican, and millions of people broke out in spasmic convulsions all over the internet.

Millions of people, thousands of offices took time off today to upload their version of this fad du jour.

After watching what seems like hundreds of these I feel that if I was an alien race observing us, I'd consider maybe throwing a little bleach in the gene pool of humanity if ya know what I'm saying.

Just think about the logistics of this, all the helmets masks and costumes needed, time spent organizing, filming editing, uploading.

If we could just organise enough people this way for a constructive purpose, say, I don't know, world peace, clean water for poor people, we could get it done in a few hours.
edit on 11-2-2013 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
"After watching what seems like hundreds of these I feel that if I was an alien race observing us, I'd consider maybe throwing a little bleach in the gene pool of humanity if ya know what I'm saying."

Make those whites whiter?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dashen

Is the Harlem Shake some new fad or something?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Hmmmmm well after watching that video I think the Aliens should just get the death-ray ready.

Actually its nothing more stupid that most of us did as kids (Hammer Time anyone?) Although, I don't get why the guys had to strip down to their underwear....that was a little weird.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by homeslice

Make those whites whiter?

More like a disinfectant in this case

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by dashen

Is the Harlem Shake some new fad or something?

Why yes it is, it apparently started TODAY, and there are millions of people going into costumed epilectic freakouts on youtube

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by dashen

This is why I have no hope for our future. No hope, it's all lost!

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dashen

Ha, I did gather that. Sorry - the humor probably didn't come across in that post. It probably just sounded racist.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I'm going to be the odd man out here and speak the truth. That was funny. For all of the "new" things that make me want to hurt small, furry creatures... this actually made me laugh.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by homeslice

lil' bit, but I wont judge, you meant well.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I like it.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
You know it's bad when...."Tin Foil Hat" wearing conspiracy theorists can say, "WTF is this nonsense about?" (lol)

However, it looks as though the Aliens actually love this kinda crap:

They've come to abduct our moves! It's only a matter of time when we will start seeing Alien Harlem Shake Vids.

Quick, someone get a hold of Linda Moulton Howe, we officially have a mutilation of another Internet Fad Video!
edit on 11-2-2013 by iwan2ski because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by iwan2ski

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dashen

Spoke too soon! haha

Hey it's funny (for now!), but does this fad dance actually need a YouTube How To video?

From most of the videos I've seen, I thought it was just alot of nonsense shaking and humping movements. Now, it looks like a valid dance style. God forbid, this will be done on the next dancing with the stars. Wait ...that might actually make it watchable....bring it on!

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
LOL! Six parts? Um, no. It was funny, but not that funny.

BTW, this is what the end looks like.

ETA: Part 5 is hilarious!

edit on 2/11/2013 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
LOL! Six parts? Um, no. It was funny, but not that funny.

Six parts and a just girls version, SO FAR.....

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Even the people who bring you your news are doing it.

www.wimp.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by definity

LOL! And they did it wrong..the first one dancing wasn't wearing a mask.

kay...I've already wasted too much of my life on this...and yet I can't look away. Damn it OP!!!
I'll be making my own version by the weekend.

edit on 2/11/2013 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
How can I find a giraffe to punch too?
I want to get in on some of that action.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
The Harlem Shake is not new at all, and the people in these vids, as funny as they may or may not be, are not doing the Harlem Shake. The dance move was out back in the late '90's and was in quite a few Bad Boy artists' videos, especially prevalent in G Dep's video entitled ''Let's Get It''. On that video, those kids show you how the Harlem Shake was done.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join