It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SEAL who killed Bin Laden blasts government, says he's been abandoned

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheFlesh1980

Well he didn't really believe that crap about the 25 mill did he ?

I mean c'mon !

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by InTheFlesh1980

Well he didn't really believe that crap about the 25 mill did he ?

I mean c'mon !

Love the turban, Randy

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Stars and Stripes has published a counter article to the Esquire article. They say Esquire got it wrong.

Like every combat veteran of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, the former SEAL, who is identified in the story only as “the Shooter”, is automatically eligible for five years of free healthcare through the Department of Veterans Affairs. But the story doesn’t mention that. The writer, Phil Bronstein, who heads up the Center for Investigative Reporting, stands by the story. He said the assertion that the government gave the SEAL “nothing” in terms of health care is both fair and accurate, because the SEAL didn’t know the VA benefits existed.

Esquire article wrongly claims SEAL who killed Bin Laden is denied healthcare

The person who wrote the Esquire article stands by the story and will not comment on it.
The Seal claims he didn't know about the 5 year benefits for war vets.

As an OIF vet, I knew about the benefits by attending the transition assistance program (TAP) classes offered by the base. It was required before I left active duty. I was also reminded of it when I went to the VA two years after I got out.

Info on the Stars and Stripes publication

Stars and Stripes exists to provide independent news and information to the U.S. military community, comprised of active-duty servicemembers, DoD civilians, contractors, and their families. Unique among the many Department of Defense authorized news outlets, only Stars and Stripes is guaranteed First Amendment privileges that are subject to Congressional oversight.*

More info about Stars and Stripes

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Who cares he did his job...nothing more...I guess he is pissed he didn't get the million dollar book deal first....

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by citizenoftheworld

Me personally, as well as most my fellow co-workers find the whole, "We got Bin Laden" line a little hard to swallow and we are in the military. Considering all we have is the word of our President and a shady ever changing official story. As ATS says Pics or it didn't happen.

However, I do believe it is possible that this guy and the Navy Seals did kill and extract someone who looks like Osama Bin Laden. Maybe one of the last few doubles still at large. Maybe, they decided to dumped the body once they realised that it would only be a matter of time before some internet image guru would prove it was a hoax.

Who knows, maybe it's all legit and Obama is everything he says he is. I mean... It's not like him to intentually mislead the American people or not make good on his promises! Why shouldn't I take his word for it?

edit on 11-2-2013 by iwan2ski because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by collietta
The person who wrote the Esquire article stands by the story and will not comment on it.

Well that means there are a couple of possibilities:

1) The guy who wrote the Esquire article did not do his research, nor was the SEAL aware of this 5-year benefit.

2) There is some other political agenda to the article and release of info on "the Shooter", which is why the author will not comment.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Seems the man went after the wrong muslim, he should have searched a lil closer to home

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Here's an earlier thread on this topic that I put up, but it veered off into "Osama died in 2001" "He did not" "He did! He did!" and by the time I got back to it we had lost track of the shooter and you'd started this one. Thread at:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 11-2-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by InTheFlesh1980

Originally posted by collietta

Well that means there are a couple of possibilities:

1) The guy who wrote the Esquire article did not do his research, nor was the SEAL aware of this 5-year benefit.

2) There is some other political agenda to the article and release of info on "the Shooter", which is why the author will not comment.

I think your #2 is more likely. The Seal did 16 years and I find it hard to believe he didn't know about benefits available. I also wonder why he got out without doing his last 4 years and retiring.

Additionally, everyone is supposed to go through a TAP briefing, I find it hard to believe a Navy Seal didn't receive this briefing. You would think that a Seal would have to go through more transitional programs than support personnel, and learn more about available medical services due to his experiences. It doesn't seem realistic that the government would tell a Seal that allegedly killed Bin Laden, "bye" without giving him the proper tools to survive as a civilian. Unless, he was supposed to go down in the helicopter crash that happened months ago.

Or he's an imposter.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
This is just a pro Obamacare push propaganda. I entire Osama Bin Laden stuff is a hoax. We all know the CIA has influence in Hollywood that's why immediately a movie was made to sell the big lie. The bigger the lie the more believable it is. I think Hitler said that.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Love the turban, Randy

Care of Slayer 69.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Wether this guy pulled the trigger or not isn't the issue for me. For any military personnel that are this devoted and highly trained.. they should be capable to earn the same salary as Michael Vick or Jerry Seinfeld. Or Justin Beeber.

you don't hear sports pros voicing their opinions nearly as much as the hollywood bigmouths.. they clearly know they aren't really deserving of the wealth they receive.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I have very little sympathy for him. He knew that he had to do 20 to get full benefits, he chose to get out instead of getting a desk job or something easy for a few years to reach his 20, so he doesn't get benefits. I heard in another thread about a SEAL that reached his limit, and was close, so he became an ROTC instructor for four years, hit his 20, and retired. Why wasn't he willing to do that? Is he too good, because he claims to be the one that got bin Laden? Tough crap. He did his job. That's all. Now he wants to whine because no one is giving him a hand out.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
If this guy left the service before having 20 years under his belt, then he forfeits his retirement and all benefits associated with it. Not sure why he's complaining, all servicemembers know the drill. Just because he was the one that pulled the trigger on OBL, doesn't make him more important than anyone else.

The government didn't abandon him, he abandonded the service by leaving.

That said, I've known several guys who left the service before reaching 20 and all regretted it afterwards.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
That's what the SEAL gets when he outlives his usefulness.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join