It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TV station hacker warns of zombies in Montana

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuttle
reply to post by caladonea

Would they use hacking into an alert system as a way to cause fear and panic in people; as one tool of control to take over the masses.

I think FOX and the rest of the propaganda ministries has already got that one covered for you eh?, so no need to worry your pretty little head about that one, and 1...2....3 and sleep, there we go, off we go now.

Ho, damn. How in the hell were you able to get in a jab at FOX news on a thread about and emergency alert system warning about zombies?
Give it a rest ffs
edit on 2/11/2013 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuttle

Would they use hacking into an alert system as a way to cause fear and panic in people; as one tool of control to take over the masses.

I think FOX and the rest of the propaganda ministries has already got that one covered for you eh?, so no need to worry your pretty little head about that one, and 1...2....3 and sleep, there we go, off we go now.

LOL at least you realise the zombies are already here

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Heh, no so hard ti miss man, plenty o them about these days eh.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
ha ha ha best laugh I have had in a while!

On a conspiracy note it was probably planned by TPTB so if any news of a government attack in citizens gets broadcast over the emergency system they can say it was a hacker to keep people from coming to the aid of thier countrymen...

Geeze now we can't even trust the EBS

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
something like this is really funny until some nutjob survivalist decides to crack open his personal stash of weapons and start blowing peoples brains out.

seriously how many crackpots are armed to the teeth in the U.S. Then they start seeing a message like this on their TV, I would be worried about who actually might be behind a stunt like this.

you have dorner hiding in LA with every cop there with their finger on the trigger and the general public reaching for their guns too.

there is some really messed up stories coming out of the U.S. at the minute and I have to say prospects for the future of the country do not look good.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
The message was funny, but the hacking into the EBS (Emergency Broadcast System) was real.

Considering the message was harmless, I'd say it was likely a white or grey hat but could have easily been black. The vulnerability has been noted....and isn't that what the ultimate goal was?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Looks like there were at least two announcements, possibly on two stations. This YouTube video has them both:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Well... this is ATS, so I guess I'll be the one to say it...

What if the announcements were real, but now the authorities have clamped the lid down. Montana ATS'ers, any sign of zombies there?

(No, I don't really believe that. At least mostly I don't...)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I can just picture the old timer Montana rancher type looking at the screen...."Zombies...wtf....Things aint what they used to be...".

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I am just wondering what would happen if someone from another country did the same. Would they use hacking into an alert system as a way to cause fear and panic in people; as one tool of control to take over the masses.

As if the masses aren't already controlled in this way...

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ikonoklast

No sign of 'em so far. Of course
it's hard to see them for the all trees...

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
OK now this is getting real wierd. Apparently the same exact message was broadcasted using EBS in Marquette michigan now. I am beginning to wonder what this is all about? And where this is going to happen next? Maybe there will be a full scale psy-op soon?

Some northern Michigan television viewers got a surprise while they caught the latest episode of “The Bachelor” last night: An emergency alert warning them of a zombie attack.

Story here.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by proob4
OK now this is getting real wierd. Apparently the same exact message was broadcasted using EBS in Marquette michigan now. I am beginning to wonder what this is all about? And where this is going to happen next? Maybe there will be a full scale psy-op soon?

Some northern Michigan television viewers got a surprise while they caught the latest episode of “The Bachelor” last night: An emergency alert warning them of a zombie attack.

Story here.

That is kind of weird, there was another poster saying he saw it also. So maybe it's anonymous doing a "beta run" for something bigger -- for conspiracy sake

edit on 2/12/2013 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
All I can say is, "That was awesome!!!"

Kind of like the original broadcast of War of the Worlds....I like it.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

News reports are saying they caught the suspected hacker. He used usernames and passwords that had not been reset from factory settings (ie. "admin, admin")

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by CIAGypsy
reply to post by eXia7

News reports are saying they caught the suspected hacker. He used usernames and passwords that had not been reset from factory settings (ie. "admin, admin")

Well, clearly this hacker was a "n00b" and he got busted. But that is very shameful on them for not setting their username/pw's from factory.. Somebody is getting an ear full right now.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

I agree...but you'd be surprised (and appalled) to see how often it happens.....

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by CIAGypsy
reply to post by eXia7

HAH! Now THATS priceless!

We've had the programmable road signs hacked around here twice this year. After the first hack.. our genius journalists gave a short idea how it was done in the story.. and then it was hacked again!
I agree hacking the EBS is a more amusing hack, though.

This has to be my fave though...

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
gosh darn..if only obama had signed the EO about cyber security earlier

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
It's pretty obvious to me the hackers are Walking Dead fans

edit on 13-2-2013 by Jay Electronica because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join