It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS A Misinformation Site?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Title says it all. I would like to hear your comments on the subject and whether users believe this or not. I see this may be an issue for ATS staff not wanting people to understand that it could be a possibility.

en.wikipedia.org...

Some members of ATS have strongly criticized the site for their personal perception of overtly censoring content though a large number of moderation staff who actively police to uphold its terms and conditions.[15] Users point out that although this may be necessary for the smooth running of the site, censorship can be perceived as being ironic for a site that is user generated. Also, the notion of censorship is a prominent feature in conspiracy literature and this adds to the problems of ATS censorship. Real life activities can also lead to removal from Above Top Secret. When it was discovered that Jared Loughner was posting on ATS as "erad3" he was banned.
Members have also been critical of Above Top Secret moderators for not following the terms and conditions while actively making others do so. Their Terms and conditions and rules posting rules made by the owners state that members cannot use the site for recruitment to any causes whatsoever.[16][17]

edit on Mon Feb 11 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed quote, added source IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by IronVelvet

no its a information site, but some shills and and others that are cia definitely lurk around here and provide
mis information, or deny truth. its up to you to separate the liars from the rest. good luck man.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
You have a lengthy quote you have failed to attribute. It is, of course, from Wikipedia, and the post was discussed here on ATS last week in this thread here.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

You obviously didn't read the thread Simon Gray posted on this particular subject. I can't remember the title, but I know it detailed the process by which ATS was created, who is who, and the what's, why's, and how's of Abovetopsecret.com. Anyone who actually read the thread knows how likely (or unlikely) it is that this site was designed as a hub for shills and disinfo agents. At the very least, the site owners/admins/mods are not shills, and that was never their intention.

Thank you, though, for reminding us that it is healthy to take a look at EVERYONE.

CONSTANT VIGILANCE!!!

Edit: Found the thread. Sorry, it was made by SkepticOverlord, not Simon. My apologies. Here it is -

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If anyone suspects this site of being used as a hub for shills, I highly recommend you take a very close look at that thread. It addresses virtually every aspect and question that could reasonably be foreseen regarding the nature of this site. For those of you just interested in the background and intentions of the site owners...again, I highly recommend you take a look.

edit on 11-2-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Please use this thread that has been post on this topic, thank you.

Abovetopsecret.com's Wikipedia File

Thread Closed.

Sauron
Super-Moderator

top topics

join