It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Tennessee Law

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by StratosFear

You do know that setting a trap is a felony in Tennessee don`t you??? The crook can even sue you. The law says they have to be 15 feet inside your door before lethel force can be used.
edit on 12-2-2013 by thunder57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Tennessean here.... all of my life, actually.

I can understand why it WILL pass because we here in this good ole state don't play.

Even women like me carry and are proud of it.

People, even the crazies, think twice before going on a rampage to bully people literally to death when they know they will encounter much greater force.

My city police don't put up with law breakers either. Memphis is totally different than any other city in this state. Won't be long and it will change even more. As I drive there at least ten times a year, the place has gotten so much better each year.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
This is good to hear, the last time I worked there it was rough, and had to carry a fake wallet. So the news of it getting better is music to my ears. Thank you.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I also read a report of a survey made of inmates, when asked what they fear the most when breaking into a home is the sound of the racking of a 12 guage shotgun. So a show of force does help.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by thunder57

They are just noise making to alert if someone is lurking about and a few times a year they have more than paid off. They are not hunting traps which is what the law is mostly focused on. Besides if someone is willing to sue me from injurying themselves while trespassing on my property, i`d say let them try. I`ll get a nice paid vacation in exchange for sitting in a courtroom at the plaintiffs expense. Would never hold up in court, i`m all to familar with the laws and procedures here.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Good deal, sounds like a plan, no retreat, no surrender.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
According to the article this applies only to those with handgun carry permits:

The state Senate passed a bill on Monday giving people with handgun carry permits the right to store their loaded firearms in their vehicles wherever they are parked.

TN has or had a 'two reach' law, meaning you can store a handgun/pistol in your vehicle if the ammo is stored separately. Permit or no permit. In other words, put the magazine or speed-loader in the glove box. (Which won't help at all while getting carjacked in Memphis.)

Also, when it comes to shotguns you can store those in your trunk at anytime, to my understanding it has always been this way in Tennessee.

Still not clear on this though... since when was it NOT okay to store a gun in a trunk in the state of TN?

The two-reach law doesn't apply to conceal/carry permit holders anyway... so this bill looks like a bunch of hot air.

It seems like a big deal, but nothing really happening here.

Wonder what kind of gremlins they have riding quietly on this one?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
One more reason i am glad i purchased land in Tennessee.
Next year build the house and 2-3 years later here i come!
I love that state!

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by thunder57
reply to post by StratosFear

You do know that setting a trap is a felony in Tennessee don`t you??? The crook can even sue you. The law says they have to be 15 feet inside your door before lethel force can be used.

Thats why after you shoot them you pull out a tape measure and drag accordingly.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex
In other Tennessee news...the KKK is playing the largest rally Memphis has ever seen.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So glad I don't live in TN.

I live in TN, unfortunately; I'm trying to escape.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Well doesn't sound like much improvement, but it is something.

If we could all carry concealed weapons, I'd bet there would be a lot less crime, and a lot more polite people.

I wouldn't doubt it if there even weren't a whole lot more honest lawyers.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Yeah great plan from a bunch of inbred rednecks..

Car thieves now got a better incentive to steal...you may also get a gun along with the car...enabling them to do far worse crimes.

IDIOTS
edit on 12-2-2013 by kerazeesicko because: I CAN

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
They keep going they will catch up with Montana,
We have one in the house right now that not only allows
carry in a car, (anywhere in the car) but also will do away with
the requirement of a CCW permit.
If you are legal to own a gun, you can pack it, in the open or not.

Link to bill HB 304
Hopefully it passes, so far it has survived, its under judicial review right now,
i've been keeping a eye on it.
edit on 12-2-2013 by severdsoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
well as much as i hate southern/western accents, i think ill work on my

how Y'ALL doin

phrase a little more because im movin out west or down south .

i dont even own a gun yet and i wont let them have em !!! lol

learn from hstory people, learn from history.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Trust me, here in Tennessee, we will not have to go to our cars to get our guns. We keep them on us.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by apokalupsis33vital

You are free to leave this great state anytime you wish.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

Listen here jack wagon, living in a country that has freedom of speech, you sometimes hear speech from some uneducated backwoods idiot. Yes it is true that there are KKK rallies in TN, but they protest to no one but themselves. The only spectators are other ignorant a?$ bigots. This is no way indicative of the majority of the residents of this great state. As far as guns go in this state, you bet your butt we are armed. Tennesseeans don't play!

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ~widowmaker~

That southern accent is a source of pride in the south. It is part of Americas heritage. That is how we all talked. The English actually made up the word "ain't". We are keeping it alive. Gotta remember history, right?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Born American, Southern By the Grace of God. it also helps we live in the great state of Tennessee.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ChefG
it's

I hope you aren't actually in support of the KKK!! I understand that TN is a beautiful state, sure, but it's politics are hard to understand. It makes sense to me how TN is still so poor and socially behind. Hate groups like the KKK are still allowed to organize, you can't buy liquor and beer at the same retail store, and there are insane politicians like senator Stacy Campfield whom represent that backward, pro- Christian, small town way of thinking. Smh. TN sucks for any open-minded individuals whom would like to implement progressive changes like equal rights, fair business, and green energy.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join