It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The level of public disgust is rising.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I have noticed that people around me, people in general, are becoming increasingly disgusted with the way the world is today. Everybody has their own hot button of topics whether it is guns or gays. Nobody has any solution. We all can see that the current administration here in America is completely hellbent on dismantling the country's supremacy and that they are moving forward with this agenda step by step in what can be viewed as one huge slow motion train wreck.

The mainstream media is largely in lock step with this administration, being a group that actively promoted Obama.

Witness web traffic at AboveTopSecret.com has been on a steady decline for two years. Alexa web statistics are proof. After clicking the link, you will be looking at the ATS website ''Search Analytics'' graph. To the left of that tab, you can click on the "Traffic Stats" tab. Under the graph you can select Max for a two year view of the steady decline. The peaks indicate obvious interest in some hot button issue that drew people to ATS for information and to join in the discussion, only to eventually become disgusted and tune out.

Why the decline? I am going to suggest that the drop in site visits is due to the rising feeling of total disgust for everything that is happening in the mainstream media which is basically the advertisement of this administration's policies. The media, especially the news, is no longer here to inform us of reality. It is of course ironic that the media loves to push the so-called reality show when it is in fact only mental programming. You watch the news broadcast and you do not even get the news. You get rumors and guesses, you decide. You get Apple iPhone commercials masquerading as business news. You get agenda pushing masquerading as civil rights news. The nightly news literally tells you to go take a bite of the poison apple product, throw away your history and culture, join up with the new kids and get tattoos and a gay lover. No wonder people transition from intellectual interest to anger, to frustration and disgust, and ultimately tuning out.

What we are seeing here on this website is a reflection of what is happening in the world and mainly in America. People are simply disgusted and tuning out. This is very dangerous. This is actually exactly what this administration wants. When the public is thoroughly exhausted and unable to even care about the discussion or even care about defending themselves, then folks... we... are... in... serious trouble.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by XXX777

Sorry. Seem to have become hypnotized by your Avatar

The question I have is how much young people are aware of any of this. I think your OP is very accurate and reflects a lot of things discussed here on this site. People here would probably agree with you for the most part. But what about the youth? The very people the garbage you have highlighted is targeting?

I have a 14 year old step daughter. While she is more "awake" than most of her peers largely due to her mother and I and our own interests and discussions, she is still largely apathetic and seems to think life will go on as usual and accepts most of the crap pushed on her to fit in with her peers.

I think the sooner the young people of our world are unplugged from the propaganda and faced with the grim reality that is their future, the sooner we can turn the ship around. Unfortunately, I see the opposite happening.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by XXX777

That’s a very interesting way at looking at the stats. If you’ll notice, since the election there has been a 9% increase. People are beginning to realize the same thing we know…the MSM is full of it! They're looking for truth!

Very interesting find!

S&F

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

I think the sooner the young people of our world are unplugged from the propaganda and faced with the grim reality that is their future, the sooner we can turn the ship around. Unfortunately, I see the opposite happening.

Yes, many are completely disconnected. The current economic situation is definitely shaking some people awake but, you’re right, I don’t see a huge number unplugging from the propaganda either.

The stats I pointed out about the 9% uptick since the election is positive news IMO. The overall 2 year decline may be a result of the economy (no time to search for news on Aliens when the power is getting shut of) or it could be a sign that people are just disgusted (taking a self-imposed time out to gather thoughts).

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by XXX777
Witness web traffic at AboveTopSecret.com has been on a steady decline for two years.

Maybe its just that the quality of the posts here have been diminishing in the last few years as the site moves towards a more general "OMG look at this youtube video!!1!" type of general discussion site, as opposed to its original purpose.

Certainly google trends shows that less people are bothering to do a google search for it recently (apart from the election spike).

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
The perfect round up of what is happening - S&F. Thank you for your thoughts on this however, what I would like to know now is - What is the answer? Yes the general population are feeling lethargic and so weary of it all because, at the end of the day - it is a 'run away train' and no one knows how to stop it. Those who do know, - don't get the support.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Yes, many are completely disconnected. The current economic situation is definitely shaking some people awake but, you’re right, I don’t see a huge number unplugging from the propaganda either.

The stats I pointed out about the 9% uptick since the election is positive news IMO. The overall 2 year decline may be a result of the economy (no time to search for news on Aliens when the power is getting shut of) or it could be a sign that people are just disgusted (taking a self-imposed time out to gather thoughts).

I stopped focusing on everything around 2009.. Took till Fukushima I think it was for me to start getting back interested in the world. I guess you could call it being overwhelmed or someone else might call it depression..

I went through those woods and on the other side was a clearing.. There was a sign, and it said "You have no choices left." I looked back at the woods, as they fell away from me. I look back to the front and sides and it's all in flames.. Hmm.. Look down at my hand and there is a bucket of water there.. "I guess it's up to me."

I havn't figured out how to put out the fire yet, but I'm working on it.. I have never been so interested in world politics and more informed in my life..

I could have just as easily completely given up though.. That sounded harder in the long run..

Hey OP I liked your post a lot. I agree with you, but I also see what Seabag was saying.. I think we are right in the beginning of the darkest before the light part... The First ones awake need to hold strong while everything tries to pull us down.. And at some point the others will rescue us in turn..

edit on 2/11/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
If someone said they legitamately had an answer for these problems, I'd be wary of the individual. I don't know if there is a single person out there with a answer that would solve all issues and all sides happy. This is what is depressing about this. Who wants to stand up? Even the youth of today are done with it. That says a lot. It's not to point blame but it's so hard when generation wise we were born into this. I was never even here (unless you believe in reincarnation but that's OT) and the generation's before me between did. not. do. anything. If nothing TPTB got the production they desired and it was through the parents hands themselves with no resistence because they thought it was better for us. In fact in my life alone I've seen parents dismiss what there youth said over Dr. Phil or some other Psycho-babble, but the doctors said it was good for you son/daughter...

Tell you what.

Want to see the youth do something? Stand up parents. Lead by example and you will see something greater, I guarentee. I know this because I've travelled this great nation and swam both oceans met more like minded as myself there's not a youth that wouldn't tell you otherwise. WE WILL STAND when you show us how. Or is it something like standing up and protecting yours a distant thought of the past?

S&F OP hope I didn't go OT

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by XXX777

Thanks for posting - even without your statistical references - there is an air of discontent. As a Teacher I see Students who are desperate to learn all about their world. They are so aware that there is more to explore than what the current government driven curriculum permits Teachers to offer in the classroom.

Needless to say I am always in the firing line and currently immersed in a huge incident involving Mandatory Reporting. I have done what many have not - obeyed the law - been a voice for abused Children and have had my life destroyed on every level.

However back to the general consensus of discontent and questioning our lives and societies - I believe that all over our beautiful but beleaguered planet people are waking up. There is a large number of people who are awake and aware and know they are awake and aware. Next we have a large group of people who are waking up but are not aware of the process that is occurring - they are just questioning everything and have doubts.

Of course this is my opinion based on personal observations as well as research. When Students ask me questions about any topic related to Exopolitics I always answer them honestly and add that being on planet earth at this particular point in time - is very special.

I feel we are on the verge of a full global societal awakening - that is so special, unique and exciting. I still get upset at photographs of Children killed in war, animals being abused, Fukishima being ignored by the mainstream media etectera - but - I know the potential for what we can achieve and all the healing that can bring back our wonder at the Universe and all she/he gives.

Much Peace...

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw
If someone said they legitamately had an answer for these problems, I'd be wary of the individual. I don't know if there is a single person out there with a answer that would solve all issues and all sides happy. This is what is depressing about this. Who wants to stand up? Even the youth of today are done with it. That says a lot. It's not to point blame but it's so hard when generation wise we were born into this. I was never even here (unless you believe in reincarnation but that's OT) and the generation's before me between did. not. do. anything. If nothing TPTB got the production they desired and it was through the parents hands themselves with no resistence because they thought it was better for us. In fact in my life alone I've seen parents dismiss what there youth said over Dr. Phil or some other Psycho-babble, but the doctors said it was good for you son/daughter...

Tell you what.

Want to see the youth do something? Stand up parents. Lead by example and you will see something greater, I guarentee. I know this because I've travelled this great nation and swam both oceans met more like minded as myself there's not a youth that wouldn't tell you otherwise. WE WILL STAND when you show us how. Or is it something like standing up and protecting yours a distant thought of the past?

S&F OP hope I didn't go OT

I completely agree with you. My sentiments are not a criticism against todays youth. It is not as if I somehow believe they are any less valuable than the youth of previous generations. Rather, I intended to communicate that I think the disgust the OP is discussing needs to be present at a younger age for any real change to manifest. We indoctrinate our children via the public school system as early as 4 years of age (and even earlier via media). By the time they are 14 and 15 years old, the bulk of their intellectual formation is already complete.

I guess what I was trying to say is that while it's nice to see a large number of people "waking up", it wont matter one bit unless we begin to undo the damage being inflicted on our children with the focus of not only changing things today, but for future generations as well.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I work with a lot of customers and so talk a lot to all kinds of people. It really is split down the middle with people, either they are sickened by the way the world has evolved, and need to tune it out to cope, or they are just now waking up to everything wrong that is happening, and are actually now paying attention to the things and getting mad.

I do agree that most everyone, myself included, is overwhelmed by the amount of betrayal from our leaders, and the large amount of negative media we are bombarded with daily, on purpose, it seems.

I have had the forethought that this is how they will take our rights away, by wearing us down, and doing everything in increments so as not to shake the tree too hard. It seems to be working too.

I admit I'm tired but I will not give up. Oh, I do notice the diehard liberal-minded don't seem too bothered by much, and these are not welfare types, just libs. I hope I'm wrong on this comment, but they seem to be willing to overlook so much for the sake of a vote they once cast. I will say I voted Obama the first time around, but I am willing to see beyond what I thought was right back then, but most won't, a shame.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
It's because of the lack of interesting threads.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
It's going to keep rising till they try to end us. But honestly, you're right. No one gives a damn, I know I don't. I use to when I was getting into conspiracies and such. learned how basically governments are manipulating assholes. Then I heard about this and that, saw nobody cared and now I don't. It seems, we just DON'T give a #. For most, we're riding through the headache. We look around, see that no one is willing to actually do anything for anyone but themselves and so we join them.

Why the heck should anyone care anyways? We're all ignorant who think we know what's up when that's just bull#. People think they know what happens after death, or who/what kind of alien/creature is currently screwing with us. They think governments work against each other, that wars are not manufactured or lied about and that the economy will just fix itself. We are so inclined to believe people rather than find out why they're trying to convince us.

All we are is sheep. There are no more real leaders. We have gone so far down a path that was given to us there is nearly zero chance of us ever restoring what really matters, which is knowledge. The thing that literally dictates who/what/how we are.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Meaningless

So basically all we have left is our Demise and the demise of future generations? Sounds like lost hope?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

(OT)Sorry I didn't keep posting yesterday as I was getting ready to put my infant down. And thanks for the OP Star for you.

Your absolutely correct people are waking up and there trying to see through a fog as thick as on top of Mount Smokey. A political agenda we have learned through generations, will not undo the deeds of the Elite. If anything Generation after Generation of Political debacle has enhanced the Fog that most people are trying to set a match to. What will be the final outcome? I'm not one to say~

It is truelly an exciting time we live in as most civillians are waking up to shananighans of the Elite. No matter what side you perched yourself on both sides are leary right now, will there be a straw that breaks the camels back? Sources point to yes but even then trying to guess or pinpoint this scenerio is like flying a kite in the dark.

Best case scenerio~ Keep raising that voice of your
it's the domino effect. Informing 1 person and having that individual start waking up~ Will turn into 3 people who then spawn 6 then 12/24/46 et cetera and the Domino's start rippling~ Keep a stiff upper lip soldiers and keep denying ignorance with civility until someone throw's that final straw.

Props man you made my day ^_^

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by XXX777

I think people are getting tired of solutions...as the trend for the last several decades has been that of the hydra.

*Each solution spawns two more problems.
*People are getting tired of the governments solution to everything...
*regulation, taxation, licensing, certification, ticketing, revenue...etc etc...
*Because each solution they provide destroys a liberty/freedom. Most people may not be clued in enough to SEE this happening but I bet you they FEEL it...

*The laws are getting more and more vague and general and apply to more and more people...while many may not SEE this happening they probably FEEL the threat of it around them.

*Innocence its a misnomer in the eyes of the government anymore and paranoia is abound...nobody knows up from down or left from right...the media perpetuates fear/divisional at every angle and people don't know where else to go for information.

*The internet has been diluted and with disinformation and mass confusion is the result...in which people feel something isn't right but aren't sure what...

*The distinction between criminals and civilians is eroding...the distinction between respected members of society (Dorner) and one hit wonder lunatics (Lanza) is fading...

*The government is centralizing and consolidating power and getting more and more of it while the individual gets less and less empowered.
*People are finding themselves between a rock and a hard place where they DEPEND(dis-empowerment) on the government for their livelihoods but cannot trust any aspect of it...either part of it they feel puts their families at risk.

*its the freaking TWILIGHT ZONE...

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by XXX777

You are 100 percent correct in your analysis and I feel a similar kind of disatisfaction towards the way things are being played out. And the more times Governments try to fix things the result more often than not is great big problems that seem to beat the rest of the society down and ending up paying more for the privilage. And do you know why this is happening, it is because none of them have a clue and the truth, the ugly truth is that they are just makng it up as they go along.
There is no plan for a better tommorrow. No bright future for the hard workers or truth seekers. All Governments just react with quick-fixes and idealogical falsehoods that will always fail.

It too is simply exhausting having to constantly dismantle and find an ounce of truth in MSM spin and deception, unpaid and appreciated only by a few. And that is just the tip of the iceberg in a manner of speaking. Corporations, Governments, Security Agencies, Millitary, Banks, Governments all need to be constantly monitered and exposed for their betrayal.

An idea for raising more awareness is to get ATS advertised on the main TV networks but that costs alot of money. So I guess for the time being awareness has to be maintained via a grassroots level which is working well so far, however it still leaves out the millions of people who are unaware of even the historical criminal conspiraices and events that are well known amongst the larger ATS membership.

In a book written by the Disc World author Terry Pratchett there is a line he wrote saying a lie can travel around the world before the truth can put its boots on. In this day of multi-media experinces lies are whizzing around the planet like mad bats while the truth is trying to capture them with a butterfly net.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
meh i have been coming here less because it seems like I get "warned" a lot by obviously liberal moderators....and the whole site seems to be going left wing, and sometimes i just need to cool off...

but in general I feel a "whats the point" mentality...

my insurance is about to go to crap
my taxes are higher
they are trying to take my guns
they are trying to censor me and shut me up

theres no motivation to work, when I could just join the 47% of Americans on Welfare...

whats the point!?
edit on 12-2-2013 by DrNotforhire because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one
reply to post by XXX777

I think people are getting tired of solutions...as the trend for the last several decades has been that of the hydra.

*Each solution spawns two more problems.
*People are getting tired of the governments solution to everything...
*regulation, taxation, licensing, certification, ticketing, revenue...etc etc...
*Because each solution they provide destroys a liberty/freedom. Most people may not be clued in enough to SEE this happening but I bet you they FEEL it...

*The laws are getting more and more vague and general and apply to more and more people...while many may not SEE this happening they probably FEEL the threat of it around them.

*Innocence its a misnomer in the eyes of the government anymore and paranoia is abound...nobody knows up from down or left from right...the media perpetuates fear/divisional at every angle and people don't know where else to go for information.

*The internet has been diluted and with disinformation and mass confusion is the result...in which people feel something isn't right but aren't sure what...

*The distinction between criminals and civilians is eroding...the distinction between respected members of society (Dorner) and one hit wonder lunatics (Lanza) is fading...

*The government is centralizing and consolidating power and getting more and more of it while the individual gets less and less empowered.
*People are finding themselves between a rock and a hard place where they DEPEND(dis-empowerment) on the government for their livelihoods but cannot trust any aspect of it...either part of it they feel puts their families at risk.

*its the freaking TWILIGHT ZONE...

All excellent points that I agree with. The shaping of our 'reality' by others is grim indeed.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
This mess is happening because real problems are being trumped with political parties ambitions.
Money is the cause of our woes. And lack of moral compass.

top topics

join