It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Call to Armistice: Avert US Civil War 2 / Flashback 2007

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
Well since I study history I think I can claim this with reasonable certainty.

The rhetoric in the country today is mild compared to some other points in our past and we came through those just fine with no Civil Wars.

I mean Hamilton fought a duel over politics for pete's sake. We've had actual fights in Congress, look at the protesters during Vietnam and the conflict that happened at that period.

The Great Depression had people believing the country was over with.

What your suffering from is a case of the "me generation". Its when somebody believes that their generation is suffering from things that no other generation has experienced.

And that simply isn't true. Things have actually improved in many aspects and when you step back and take in the whole picture you can see it more clearly.

This is spot on. It is like nobody has ever read any American history.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
I'm not sure which wise man said this, but: "The pen is mightier than the sword".

Legitimate, peaceful change can still happen. The chanels for such change still exist.

Sometimes I sit back, and think about our country and world and think, "Damnit, we need aliens to show up to unite us all to keep us from killing each other."

We need aliens.
edit on 11-2-2013 by MystikMushroom because: spelling

Sometimes the hand who wields the pen needs chopped off by the sword.

Being a mighty item, the pen, it can harm more than a sword. There will be no aliens sorry, reality should come back now

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

It appears we are in agreement then, here's the prob...
Those in power who are wholly guilty will never allow these things to come into the light of day.
Sometimes it gets so bad that you have a situation like LAPD and a rogue looking to punish the guilty.
By now it does not matter if they ever catch this "Punisher", if he goes down another will step right into his shoes.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join