It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Call to Armistice: Avert US Civil War 2 / Flashback 2007

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
The other night I was reading about how in the city of Gao in Mali, Africa things went way wrong. Recently, a battle erupted between factions and a city of 60,000 was devastated by conflict forcing many to flee the city in terror.

Complete dissolution of civilization into destruction. That ruined a lot of people's lives, while others lost their's.

That reminds me of what happened back in 2007 where I wrote a thread called "Say No to the US Civil War 2". ATS Link. Obviously I didn't care about grammar etc, so excuse that. I will recopy what I said because it's very important information.

I could say the same thing today again in a thousand other words, but reprinting what I said then with corrections or small additions seems fitting. I did then and do now feel the vibe of this amazing land and people that is the Americas.

I cannot sit by while the media and government facilitate and orchestrate an environment of fear, hostility, and arbitrary division. It only leads to one thing, violence. And violence is the failure of diplomacy and respect which is what destroys civilizations read your history books. This dishonors us all.

"I don't know where else to say this:
But, everywhere I look, all I see is insanity.

Both sides of the arguments, I see people becoming so frustrated with each other, people are starting to get hurt.
Needlessly. Over words.

Look, if we ever expect to be a Truly civilized nation, and have ANY decent future for our Children, than please put down your weapons.
Keeping them near you is fine, if it makes you feel safe. That's fair enough. I support this most precious human right.

But lower them, let us have 1 freaking moment of faith in the human race for just 1 millisecond, Please!!!
Do any of you, either side of the argument you are on, even realize the Pandora's Box we are about to open?

I've read a lot of threads here, and thought about it a good deal. Its obvious Someone wants us to kill each other.

Someone wants a US Civil war part 2. Who ? Like i would know, the responsible party hides in the shadows. But it must exist.

What if it doesn't exist? What if there's no conspiracy? Well, this is the MOST amazing set of coincidences I've ever seen. I mean WOW! lol

It doesn't matter if its a conspiracy or not, the truth is plain for all to see.
People in America are freaking out, and once an armed revolt starts, the gov't will clamp down with extreme force.
Then there goes the country, down the toilet. Then its over for our children.

You really wanna make it happen like that? I thought all of you loved this country. And everyone's about to destroy it.

I'm just asking one simple small favor . Don't kill each other. Because if you do, your killing my children and grandchildren. I just want you to know that. Our grandchildren!

I thought we were "claiming" to be smart, rational, civilized beings?
Clearly, the clever thing to do, is to halt and advances for armed conflict in our precious homeland. Let us reach out to our lost brothers in understanding, not bullets. Let us love our enemy, and find hope for them in our hearts.
%()*&$@!!!! Seriously People!

Americas greatest strength lies not in her armor of war.
It can only be found in the Love we all have for her! And what she can do for our peoples, and for all mankind. That is the America we all love.

And that is the America we will all lose. If you kill for it. This time around, the killing will reach all of America's children.

We will do it to ourselves. And once we kill ourselves. The rest of the world will quickly break down into war. All kinds of wars.

We should all step up to the plate. And risk our neck for Faith in mankind.
Remember giving the riot cops flowers? It works. Lets just talk our way out of this. Its easier than DYING!

Just put the weapons down, everyone!
I'm afraid my children and i will get caught in the crossfire.

Let us make it our goal to never give into the temptation to Kill to achieve political gains. For that is the mark of the beast we are trying to fight.
The beast within us all...

We need now more than ever, to just forgive the past, and love each other right now and holster the guns please. Thanks.

Look, I don't care if you think Osama was the mastermind of the upcoming conflict.
I don't care if you think it was the CIA. I don't care if you think it was God and the Devil. I don't care , if you think this is all a wild coincidence.

I just want everyone to chill out. And be mindful of the wisdom of the past, our history. So we will not have to repeat it, again! And believe you me, this has already happened before! More than once!

Choose Peace. Choose a strong, developing, and prosperous Civilization.
Say No! to the Civil War 2."

I've wanted to do threads on all sorts of other things, but you gotta admit this message needs to be said right now to anyone who is going nuts and considering something crazy which will end bad and wrong. That goes for all humans no matter what uniform they wear or in the absence of any insignia or stripe.

This is a 'Call to Armistice':

ar·mi·stice (ärm-sts) n. A temporary cessation of fighting by mutual consent; a truce.

(Military) an agreement between opposing armies to suspend hostilities in order to discuss peace terms; truce
[from New Latin armistitium, from Latin arma arms + sistere to stop, stand still]

a temporary cessation of hostilities, by agreement between the belligerents, prior to the negotiation or signing of a peace treaty.

Comes from Latin armistitium—from arma, "arms," and -stitium, "stoppage"—and means a temporary cessation from fighting or the use of arms, or a short truce.

a state of peace agreed to between opponents so they can discuss peace terms
cease-fire, truce
peace - the state prevailing during the absence of war

Cease-fire! Friendly-fire!

edit on 11-2-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I'm not sure which wise man said this, but: "The pen is mightier than the sword".

Legitimate, peaceful change can still happen. The chanels for such change still exist.

Sometimes I sit back, and think about our country and world and think, "Damnit, we need aliens to show up to unite us all to keep us from killing each other."

We need aliens.
edit on 11-2-2013 by MystikMushroom because: spelling

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
I'm not sure which wise man said this, but: "The pen is mightier than the sword".

Legitimate, peaceful change can still happen. The chanels for such change still exist.

Sometimes I sit back, and think about our country and world and think, "Damnit, we need aliens to show up to unite us all to keep us from killing each other."

We need aliens.
edit on 11-2-2013 by MystikMushroom because: spelling

No argument with that aside of one small addition.

I will refine your statement, we need benevolent aliens that actually want to help.
Just asking for any random alien is a dangerous trap to set for yourself.

edit on 11-2-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I do think someone wants a US civil war.
If it does happen, I hope it is quick and we do away with the proper targets, the ones who put us in this position.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I wish I could agree with you but with the many Govt agencies buying up billions of rounds of ammo and "personal defense weapons," (assault rifles) and the lefts dear leader acting more and more like a dictator each day, I decided to go ahead and buy my pistol yesterday.
The last time I possessed a gun was in 2001 because I really didnt feel like I needed one, until now that is.
By the time the gun show swings back around this way, Ill have saved up enough to get the rifle that I want.
edit on 2/11/2013 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

I do think someone wants a US civil war.
If it does happen, I hope it is quick and we do away with the proper targets, the ones who put us in this position.

That is in theory less than 5000 individuals, which can be legitimately charged with many crimes and brought to stand trial. The problem is none of the 'proper authorities', aka, law enforcement organizations, are being given these orders.

The other millions of govt employees are technically guilty for the most part, individually to some extent or another, but those investigations and prosecutions can come after our main priority, the uppermost echelons.

I have seen way too many people openly supporting the "violence solution".

People should instead support the "Let's prosecute criminals for organized criminal activities under existing law" solution.
Which would work perfectly actually, considering all evidence points to such an activity occurring.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Well since I study history I think I can claim this with reasonable certainty.

The rhetoric in the country today is mild compared to some other points in our past and we came through those just fine with no Civil Wars.

I mean Hamilton fought a duel over politics for pete's sake. We've had actual fights in Congress, look at the protesters during Vietnam and the conflict that happened at that period.

The Great Depression had people believing the country was over with.

What your suffering from is a case of the "me generation". Its when somebody believes that their generation is suffering from things that no other generation has experienced.

And that simply isn't true. Things have actually improved in many aspects and when you step back and take in the whole picture you can see it more clearly.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
I wish I could agree with you but with the many Govt agencies buying up billions of rounds of ammo and "personal defense weapons," (assault rifles) and the lefts dear leader acting more and more like a dictator each day, I decided to go ahead and buy my pistol yesterday.
The last time I possessed a gun was in 2001 because I really didnt feel like I needed one, until now that is.
By the time the gun show swings back around this way, Ill have saved up enough to get the rifle that I want.
edit on 2/11/2013 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

Remember what Kissinger supposedly said? I don't know if it's authentic but it doesn't matter because it's chillingly true no matter who says it.

"Today American's would be outraged if U.N. troops entered Los Angeles to restore order; tomorrow they will be grateful. This is especially true if they were told there was an outside threat from beyond, whether real or promulgated, that threatened our very existence. It is then that all peoples of the world will plead with world leaders to deliver them from this evil. The one thing every man fears is the unknown. When presented with this scenario, individual rights will be willingly relinquished for the guarantee of their well being granted to them by their world government." ___

"You have to understand. Future wars will be fought by capitalists and anti-capitalists as society polarizes. When that happens, control of information will be as important as control of territory used to be in conventional conflicts. If you can stop your enemy from destroying your information, then you have a good chance of winning the war."

This rings all sorts of bells and sends off red flags to me.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
We could theoretically "clean house" -- but I fear man's greed would get the best of him eventually, and we'd find outselves back in the same situation.

What if, every 20 years or so a government audit was done by some kind of impartial authority? It'll never happen, and I'm sure the logistics and complexity of setting something like that up would preclude it from ever happening...but, I'm tryin' over here!

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

And that simply isn't true. Things have actually improved in many aspects and when you step back and take in the whole picture you can see it more clearly.

Yes things have improved greatly, on the pro's and the con's.

The con now is extremely dangerous because of the potentials it can create with long lasting effects.

Saying armed conflict isn't possible now is absurd, it's already happening all around us, we live on an island of fantasy in the middle of an ocean of nightmares. Conflict is all around us, we only briefly for a moment have lived in general peace (in North America).

Weapons and military capability is so powerful now, conflict is far more destructive and fast paced.
And war develops within cities most often in this modern military paradigm, rather than in open fields etc.
Lot's of collateral damage.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

We could theoretically "clean house" -- but I fear man's greed would get the best of him eventually, and we'd find outselves back in the same situation.

What if, every 20 years or so a government audit was done by some kind of impartial authority? It'll never happen, and I'm sure the logistics and complexity of setting something like that up would preclude it from ever happening...but, I'm tryin' over here!

I was thinking all public officials, elected or appointed, would have to allow full transparency the moment they walk out their front door till the moment they go back in it.

Like no more back room dealings.
Need an open door policy.
That is the last thing the crooks want, because it will reveal their pitiful hands.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
This is the tone of discussion that proves difficult for them because they need a divisive arena to operate within.

By attempting to bridge the gaps between us, we become more difficult to manipulate into hatred and anger.
They want us to destroy ourselves because we are the last real threat to the envisioned future of world slavery and corruption.

Rather than a worldwide fascist ghetto war zone, we need to get our emotions in check and seek peace so that we can all have a positive future of freedom and respect and dignity.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

I could bring up so so many examples of troubled times compared to today. The entire Cold War, when a bomb could be dropped on you at any time, was far more frightful then the threat of violence we have today. Plus you never knew if your neighbor was a communist spy since that's what the government told us.

The world was about to end when Kennedy had his showdown with Kruschev over Cuba. Would you like to talk about the wave of revolutions in the 50's that were going to sweep up into America and we would soon be speaking spanish?

The list just goes on and on.

Today the few wars we fight are in far away lands and most people don't spend more than 5-minutes a day maybe reading about it while they have their morning coffee. There is no threat to us that most people feel.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

How about on top of your idea of transparency -- their pay would be on a sliding scale directly proportional to their approval ratings? For example, if your approval rating is 56% -- you get 56% of your base salary. It would appear to me that our elected officials need more incentive to do what the people are want are paying them to do.
edit on 11-2-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Ok you listed international conflicts and cases of fear, hostility, etc.
But those buttons were only within reach of a select few.

Today we have millions of people with each their own button. Albeit it's not a nuke, another OK City style event can really destroy a lot of lives.

If all of these people really start getting bold and going totally nuts, there is a potential for OK City style demolitions by warring factions. Asymmetrical warfare. Guerrilla tactics. Sporadic random incidents of violence.

If it started happening with greater frequency and intensity, which is possible considering this atmosphere, any semblance of 'peace and order' could erode quickly among the masses.

It won't happen over night, but if people don't chill out, things can spiral downwards that way pretty quickly.
I really do sense someone or something is opening the floodgates, whether intentionally or by accident.

Comparing civil wars to international strategic conflicts between official factions isn't a very good example.
We don't even really know who the factions are yet if there will be any aside of every man for himself. If it even happened which I hope it doesn't but it's not impossible.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

How about on top of your idea of transparency -- their pay would be on a sliding scale directly proportional to their approval ratings? For example, if your approval rating is 56% -- you get 56% of your base salary. It would appear to me that our elected officials need more incentive to do what the people are want and are paying them to do.

That's a great idea I am sure many people will agree to.

That's exactly what we need, to develop solutions to our problems.
Things aren't totally lost, we can reverse a lot of these loopholes.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Absolutley. I scratch my head when I read people calling for violence. There is always another option that doesn't cause pain, misery, and a thirst for revenge.

Sometimes when I'm out in public I look around in amazement. Why? I realize that it's only a tiny fraction of a percentage of our DNA that seperates us. Look around you, look at the amazing diversity! There's a homely old lady there, a fat and boisterous man there...We are so much alike, so molecularlly similar -- and yet we allow ourselves to be divided and submit to the idea we are far apart.

As human beings, we have great strength when we unite. We have proven time and time again that when we come together united in a common goal (in this case, clean house and get back on track for the greater/common good) we prevail.

I still hold a candle for the approaching darkness of hopelessness, lets hope we can light a few more.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

I'm not trying to discredit you at all Muzzle and your right that things kinda seem out of control. My only point is that its not an uncommon feeling and our country has gone through it multiple times.

I will simply bring up the Civil Rights Movement and I'd be more than happy to post comments from people saying exactly what you are only about that issue in their day.

It was to become a jungle (no offense) in America where society would break down and those "colored folk" were going destroy the fabric of what made this country great. The fear expressed by the equality movement simply dwarfs anything we are going through today. It was a fear that was felt nationwide.

We also had the Japanese internment scenario where basically, everything we talk about today with FEMA and DHS actually did happen where we locked up American citizens in detention camps.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I gave you a flag as I think people need to understand and discuss this and that laying down and doing nothing will not prevent it.

No one in their right mind wants civil war. But giving flowers to riot police will not stop war it takes both sides and one side will not stop that is obvious. The Jews did not take up arms and look what happened to them and many peoples in Europe and Asia.

Certainly we must try all peaceful means and war is a very last resort. However if it comes we must defend ourselves and not let freedom be stamped out by it's obvious enemies. There is a faction here in America that is pushing this it is not patriots and gun owners. it is those who would take our rights. If war comes it will be because they bring it. Those who cannot live and let live and think they have the right to tell the rest of us how to live. they are the enemies of freedom if not for them there would be none of this going on. We did not ask for it they just keep pushing it. If we do nothing they will keep pushing till all our rights are taken.

As Samuel Adams said: is life so sweet that we would live it in chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty god!

Peace at the cost of chains and slavery is no peace at all. Is that the kind of world you want your kids to live in? Yes civil war would be devastating I hope to avoid it however the enemies of freedom threaten to take it and we must not allow that, as the saying goes better to die on your feet then live on your knees.

edit on 11-2-2013 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I think the "tptb" are more interested in distracting us with "bread and circuses" so we continue to consume poisonous drinks and food and buy oil based products without looking up from our phones

the dogs of war want to sell the high ticket items to governments, they aren't going to mess around with handguns and a few boxes of shells

top topics

<<   2 >>

join