It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Buddha Incarnated and Appeared Amongst Us

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
How would we expect him to act? What would we expect him to do?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Kapablanka

Be himself.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Eat all the food

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConclusion

What if he felt obligated to spread his enlightened nature?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Kapablanka

If that's who he is.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kapablanka

He'd be called a new age hipster, and told to get a job.

Nobody would even know who buddha is now.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

How would we expect him to act? What would we expect him to do?

S&F for starting this thread. What question to pose!

I think he would be confused and hurt to see how far mankind has strayed from the need to provide the basics of life. He was a wealthy prince who left his charmed life behind to go among the poor and sick and learn how the rest of the world existed.

For the most part, our modern society is all about material stuff...who has what and how big is it compared to mine. He may even pity us for the way we have become.

Remember he became a simple man, albeit one who loved eat, but was happy to share kind words and good deeds. I think we could use a good dose of Buddha today. Just my two cents worth, I would like to hear the thoughts of others.

Namaste,
YogaGinns

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Wouldn't it be wonderful!

But what if we rubbed off on him instead? Just imagine Buddha driving around in a Mercedes, playing computer games, gambling, womanizing, etc. On second thought let's not, that gave me a chill.

YogaGinns

edit on 11-2-2013 by YogaGinns because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by YogaGinns
He may even pity us for the way we have become.

Why would he pity that which can't be anything but exactly what it is... and won't always remain exactly as it is?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErgoTheConclusion

Originally posted by YogaGinns
He may even pity us for the way we have become.

Why would he pity that which can't be anything but exactly what it is... and won't always remain exactly as it is?

Quite profound and very true. But how are we to realize our higher selves if we are constantly competing amongst each other and never satisfied with what we have. Let alone know what it is that we have to give others.

example: I went to buy a TV on the weekend. Now we do not watch the tube as a general rule but I needed one to run my DVDs on. I chose the smallest least expensive one on sale...probably more than I need. And just looking around the walls at the huge sets and wondering why would you want something that big. I am sure there are many who really only need a simple one but get sucked into the bigger, badder, best syndrome. I cut the saleswoman off before she even tried to talk me up a notch. Just me I guess.

Namaste,
YogaGinns

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I think if Buddha was around today he would want to run away from a perverse, selfish, decadent society. He wouldn't. I wouldn't blame him though. That's his perspective. Society's? "Don't need any of your words you bald hippie. Get a job.... and a gun." That would be funny if it wasn't true.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I think if Buddha was around today he would want to run away from a perverse, selfish, decadent society. He wouldn't. I wouldn't blame him though. That's his perspective. Society's? "Don't need any of your words you bald hippie. Get a job.... and a gun." That would be funny if it wasn't true.

That is very true...so often you could be judged by the things you don't have, because you are perceived as not "able" to have them. As opposed to the fact that you don't "want" to have them. Everything is relevant to the observer.

Wouldn't you just love to sit and have a beer with him...imagine the stories he could tell.

Namaste,
YogaGinns

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by YogaGinns

Yowzers, so sorry I missed this thread, I'd like to explore this with you, hit me up ! Im back

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I'd present him with a hot dog, with cheese, ketchup, onions, relish, chili, and sauerkraut....

"Here Buddha....I made you one with everything"....then I'd run off snickering....

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
We are all Buddhas incarnate...
However, our ego-attachments do not allow us to recognize ourselves as such.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeReK DaRkLy

BOOM, Just explained this to a friend ! who responded with a crooked smile !

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeReK DaRkLy

I like that very much, and yes he is a part of all of us. As you said "not the ego" but our higher selves, our divine self.

I had forgot about this thread, hopefully the others will venture back too.

Namaste,
YogaGinns

top topics

join