It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Vanity of Enlightenment

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

I'm kinda glad he got syphilis....

This may be the least enlightened remark in this whole thread. Followed closely by this one.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jacygirl
You are most kind....however, I have had twins.
So according to Nietzshe's philosophy....I am cured. Doubly so.

Yes I am in fact being quite kind and gentle compared to the full observations I have to offer.

I hope you actually took the time to read what I did share in an earnest effort to communicate.

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
What neitzsche wrote about men was far worse than what he wrote about women.

edit on 19-2-2013 by ErgoTheConclusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

I'm kinda glad he got syphilis....

This may be the least enlightened remark in this whole thread. Followed closely by this one.

According to what I wrote earlier....I am not enlightened and I admit it.
However I do not agree with any sweeping all-encompassing statements pertaining to any gender, race or religion.
Oh....and my sense of humour is not for everyone.
jacygirl

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConclusion

Do you two throw away everything Jung and Plato attempted to explore and observe?

Personally, there is very few philosophies I find that I can agree with; I have a hard time agreeing with myself. I don't throw away what Plato or Jung attempted to explore and observe, only what they said about them. They way they thought is inspiring enough for me to read them and learn from them.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

I'm highly skeptical you would consider it sense of humor if the remarks were reversed.

The bind you've gotten yourself in is you've done more to confirm his remarks than defuse. I don't know why you've chosen to do so but you wrote what you wrote.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Personally, there is very few philosophies I find that I can agree with; I have a hard time agreeing with myself. I don't throw away what Plato or Jung attempted to explore and observe, only what they said about them. They way they thought is inspiring enough for me to read them and learn from them.

Agreed... I haven't had a window to express that but in my circle of friends who I get into deeper than surface level discussions I'm always emphasizing that we need to avoid looking at *what* people thought but *how* they thought.

"What" is thought is always going to be fixed to a time, place, and culture.

"How" is pretty universal and reveals interesting things unique to each time, place, and culture.

Thanks for opening that window.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

However I do not agree with any sweeping all-encompassing statements pertaining to any gender, race or religion.
jacygirl

I was only kidding. You have every right to be glad when someone gets a sexually transmitted disease.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

I think that's a good cue for spending my day outside. Nothing else on ATS today will live up to that. /hug

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

jacygirl

I was only kidding. You have every right to be glad when someone gets a sexually transmitted disease.

You're right....I am ashamed of myself.
I'm actually quite a fan of your writing LesMis....sorry for my outburst....it won't happen again.
jacygirl

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Just remember, its all a dance...

Being a girl, I have no doubt you have the shoes for it!

(kidding, kinda)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Serdgiam

Thank you! Yes I DO have the shoes lol...but they hurt my feet.
I'm just going to back away from the dance floor....I don't follow well....and usually someone's toes get sore.
I appreciate your message....
jacygirl

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

reply to post by Serdgiam

Thank you! Yes I DO have the shoes lol...but they hurt my feet.
I'm just going to back away from the dance floor....I don't follow well....and usually someone's toes get sore.

If you read my posts earlier, you will have seen I definitely understand
That said:

....I don't follow well....

Perhaps try leading for a bit!

I appreciate your message....

I appreciate yours as well. I see this thread as a very safe place. However, that doesnt mean we wont have some fun

I think taking a step back sometimes gives us better perspective. Just have to make sure to get back on that thar horse!
edit on 19-2-2013 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I'm actually quite a fan of your writing LesMis....sorry for my outburst....it won't happen again.
jacygirl

Don't be ashamed! Also no need to apologize, especially to someone prone to such outbursts as myself. Your opinions are valuable here.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConclusion

I think that's a good cue for spending my day outside. Nothing else on ATS today will live up to that. /hug

Must be nice. I'm stuck at work playing the role of the wanting slave.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Oh goodness please don't be ashamed!!! I loved the response Les gave because it was excruciatingly accurate with a twist.
You have every right to feel and think whatever you like and this is a thread that benefits far more from honesty and lack of veils than social politeness.

You were being honest and you got honest responses back. That's what we're here for! The great thing about being honest (whether it's an outburst or not) is it gives us an honest chance to reflect.

Here is my honest feeling:
You are as subtly influenced by the sexism of your time as Nietzsche was by his.

When you two decided to change the song on the dance floor which as far as I know had avoided any real reference to gender even via "polarity" and especially not in a
manner... the dancers on the floor were forced to shift or ignore.

Given my upbringing, I learned most of the dances of the "general" female culture of today so when I saw what dance steps you were doing I realized "I know this song... here we go!" and you found yourself being courted by some people completely confident in their ability to dance the dance you initiated.

There is little use for the "Girl! S&F!" mindset endemic elsewhere in here. I think far too highly of women to do that, so I will treat you as firmly and honestly as I'll treat any man when in a gender neutral arena where honesty is the only thing of real value.

Please don't stop dancing or be ashamed! You just aren't going to find many blindly submissive dance partners in here.

Must be nice. I'm stuck at work playing the role of the wanting slave.

I got so disgruntled with my industry (video games) about 8 months ago that I took what savings I have and have been on extended sabbatical trying to figure out what role I want to play in it going forward. If any.

I am very lucky.
edit on 19-2-2013 by ErgoTheConclusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Do you ever slip into the past?
Or are you ever present?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Do you ever slip into the past?
Or are you ever present?

What does that have to do with anything?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

It is a question that I have asked you many times but you will not answer.
It is easy to attack and dictate how I should write and what I should write and where I should write but when I ask you a serious question which may show you something enlightening you back off.

The answer to the question will be enlightening but it is frightening for the mind with it's beliefs - which is why I believe you back away.
edit on 19-2-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

It is a question that I have asked you many times but you will not answer.

Be clearer with your question and I might. As it is, I have no idea what your question means.

It is easy to attack and dictate how I should write and what I should write and where I should write but when I ask you a serious question which may show you something enlightening you back off.

I tend to avoid your questions because it takes a crowbar to get some sense out of you.

The answer to the question will be enlightening but it is frightening for the mind with it's beliefs - which is why I believe you back away.

No, I exhibit reluctance because of the reasons listed above.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I have nothing to add to what you say but

edit on 19-2-2013 by ErgoTheConclusion because: Itisnowagain does make sense. Shifted perspective required. Crowbar optional.

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join