It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Vanity of Enlightenment

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
reply to post by InTheLight

Here, I'll Add this one to the mix:

You are busted, and have fallen.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Yes, you may be right. LesMis should go into retreat, maybe he will find a way to shed that which is on his shoulder and learn to chant, or, yes, sing.

Retreat from what? Why don't we grow up a little here and have a discussion like adults. Not one of you have refuted anything I've said, even after 20 pages. All you've managed to do is keep your ego inflated by pretending I'm not here. Retreat you say?

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Nobody convinces anybody of anything. We see what we choose to see.
edit on 14-2-2013 by ErgoTheConclusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Yes, you may be right. LesMis should go into retreat, maybe he will find a way to shed that which is on his shoulder and learn to chant, or, yes, sing.

Retreat from what? Why don't we grow up a little here and have a discussion like adults. Not one of you have refuted anything I've said, even after 20 pages. All you've managed to do is keep your ego inflated by pretending I'm not here. Retreat you say?

From my impression with everyone on this thread, I don't read overinflated egos, rather interesting people seeking spiritual enlightenment. Nobody here has stated that they attained enlightenment.. What have we cast our pearls before?
edit on 14-2-2013 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by InTheLight

What have we cast our pearls before?

LesMis is a swine but it seems that there is at least one interested lurker who is gaining from this thread. So I suggest we ignore LesMis and share among ourselves.

edit on 14-2-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

The OP was a very nice post indeed, these are well said thoughts which I feel some new agers should consider.

But now I am reading other replies... What the heck is going on here?
edit on 14-2-2013 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

The OP was a very nice post indeed, these are well said thoughts which I feel some new agers should consider.

Same stuff that happens in every other thread featuring a hazy topic of an obscure nature. You've been around the forums long enough, you shouldn't sound so surprised. So much chum in the water is bound to attract some horny zen artists eager to flaunt their "skills" in rhetoric.

Maybe you can lend a hand in guiding the ship back to base, yeah?
edit on 14-2-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Huh. Not much I can do here. I ain't a mod. If those folks just want to argue, there's nothing that I can do to stop them. I'll just sit back and watch while sipping my coffee.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

It was a beautiful discussion while it lasted. It's too bad you didn't get here sooner.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by swan001

Same stuff that happens in every other thread featuring a hazy topic of an obscure nature. You've been around the forums long enough, you shouldn't sound so surprised. So much chum in the water is bound to attract some horny zen artists eager to flaunt their "skills" in rhetoric.

edit on 14-2-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

Hazy and obscure chum to some, but clear to others. Swan you should read all the posts of all contributors and grab an oar.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

lol There'll be other occasions. Nice to see ya BTW. How are you? It's been some times.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Hazy and obscure chum to some, but clear to others. Swan you should read all the posts of all contributors and grab an oar.

Or perhaps you could simply tell me. I'm quite busy I rarely have time to read a whole 22-paged thread.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by swan001

Or perhaps you could simply tell me.

Then I would be giving you my individual perception on this matter.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Yup. That's the idea.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

reply to post by Shamrock6

love it. my problem with the scores of people on here who consider themselves 'enlightened' and 'educated' is that as soon as one rejects their opinions and assertions, they immediately retreat to labeling their foe as a sheep, sheeple, or some variation thereof. it's pathetic.

That is a common occurrence around here.

I often get told I'm not in tune spiritually and am therefore destined to never be on the same spiritual level as these kind-hearted folk. They think that because I don't practice what they practice, I will never be on par with their ideas. The funny thing is I've spent most my life immersed in the eastern religions and have studied and practiced their methodology, even to the point of taking pilgrimages to see gurus and what not. Yes, I was naive and have since grew out of it. But this shows I do have at least an idea of what they're trying to sell, despite their claims to the opposite.

Again, nobody here was trying to sell you anything, we were just sharing our experiences and our beliefs.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Yup. That's the idea.

It's now morphed into the OP's reason for starting this thread and why s/he can't accept others' perceived spiritual awareness.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

It's now morphed into the OP's reason for starting this thread and why s/he can't accept others' perceived spiritual awareness.

Maybe the OP's purpose wasn't to accept or subscribe to any religions. It was to question.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

LesMisanthrope never said she would accept others' perceived spiritual awareness. S/he made an argument, allowed the discussion to continue, then used the discussion itself to demonstrate how our perception is largely affected by our vanity, and by extension, our spiritual awareness is affected by vanity as well.

She made a very good case, I think. Vanity, in all truth, is everywhere. She simply pointed it out so as to prove the necessity of "pruning the branches". A thread of humbling observation, in my opinion. If you take offense to it, that's just more evidence of vanity at work.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I agree.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Maybe the OP's purpose wasn't to accept or subscribe to any religions. It was to question.

Now that I examine the OP's replies in totality, I would say "no" that's not it. I'm not sure what the OP's deep seated need was to start this thread, but others here will claim it's a bait thread. Whatever the OP expected to achieve may be guessed at by rereading the OP's posts, but I'm not that interested.

All I want to say at this point is that I enjoyed those posters' who shared their 'pearls' of wisdom and thank the OP for creating this mostly wonderful thread.

Thumbs up.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join