It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul's gospel must be accepted

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Of course it's been preserved! Why wouldn't they? It's such a great control device that they can't afford NOT to preserve it. The fact is, it was written by man and man has been known for being liars and thieves, especially those at the top. Guess who's at the top? The church.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The organized church came after the books of the NT were penned.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Okay.... they still use Paul's work as the basis behind faith and salvation don't they? Paul was a co-founder of the church right? That church eventually morphed into the Catholic Church right? So what's your point? They didn't change a word of the bible right? So how is the church wrong but not the writings it's based on?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

they still use Paul's work as the basis behind faith and salvation don't they?

If Peter had no problem with it I don't see justification for anyone else having one either.

(2 Peter 3:15-16)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

You mean the same guy who denied knowing Jesus three times to avoid punishment? And lied to him about being ready to die for him? He even sat with the Roman soldiers at the trial after cutting one of their ears off! Give me a break, lol.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You mean the same guy who denied knowing Jesus three times to avoid punishment? And lied to him about being ready to die for him? He even sat with the Roman soldiers at the trial after cutting one of their ears off! Give me a break, lol.

That was before Christ reinstated him as head disciple wasn't it?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

After he sat with his murderers and lied to Jesus and was called Satan? After Jesus supposedly rose from the dead? Yeah, that never happened, too bad you can't see that.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Besides the non sequiturs, was that a yes or no?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

They weren't non-sequiturs. If Jesus never rose from the dead, he never reinstated Peter.
edit on 15-2-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

If Jesus never rose from the dead, likewise you'd have millions of Christians making pilgrimages to His grave like the Muslims do with Muhammad.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

I fail to realize how Mohammed has anything to do with Jesus. Didn't you just accuse me of using a non-sequitur?

Don't people make "pilgrimages" to church every Sunday where they drink Jesus' blood and eat his body?

Just because you think he floated into the sky doesn't mean he did or that he doesn't have a grave site somewhere. Just because the bible says something doesn't make it true. It's a book and prone to manipulation, and something as powerful as the bible would not be allowed to spread as far as it has and for as long as it has without someone stepping in and trying to stop it.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Yes man's church has controlled.

But the true church in the bible is liberating. Christ is freeing not confining. Freedom to love without fear of failure. He will free you. The promise is to do what he did, he died for sin, and you must let yourself die for sin. You must no longer live for yourself but for others. It will only be through the pouring out of yourself to others that you will learn his love. If you would love one another's to defeat all sin against them you will become one with Christ in love and spirit.

edit on 15-2-2013 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

The true church/temple (your body) has nothing to do with Paul. What you explained is simple and elegant and I agree with all of it(except for the dying for sins part). Sure, Paul taught about love and got it right in some cases, but his other teachings completely overshadow his teachings on love.

He turned Jesus' message from love to blind servitude, where questioning any of his teachings means eternal torture. It seems to me, Paul wanted people to worship HIS ideals, not Jesus', which is why his epistles are so far removed from the teachings of Jesus.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

I didn't say Muhammad had something to do with Jesus.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join