It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul's gospel must be accepted

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Paul’s gospel must be accepted, it must be believed today, and you can be sure that confusion concerning that gospel through the use of a counterfeit gospel; a gospel that looks so much like Paul’s gospel that you’d not know the difference, if you didn’t clearly know Paul’s gospel, will be Satan’s focus in this age of grace.

One of Satan’s purpose in this age of grace is to confuse Paul’s gospel with a gospel so nearly to it, and there are many people out there today saying all you have to do is to believe in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ and you’re saved. They believe this in almost every church across the board that Christ died, was buried and rose again, but what do they believe was accomplished by that death, burial and resurrection?

In their minds, they were separating themselves for God by their sin, and Paul is saying that God has already reconciled you where your sins are concerned. God is reconciled where the sins of the world are concerned, because he imputed those sins to Christ, that all who would believe what he imputed to Christ, that that resolved the sin issue forever, and are now joined to his son and have his righteousness freely counted to them, or imputed to their account.

Paul called it the ministry of reconciliation, Christ fulfilled the law for us, so we are identified with the righteousness of Christ the moment we take God at his word, obedient to the faith, concerning what Christ accomplished on our behalf. Today our service comes not out of apprehension to any of those things; our service today comes based solely on our appreciation for what Christ has already done.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Why must I accept something I don't know that I even believe. Why is it so important? I was always taught that Jesus died for our sins and that by accepting him as your lord and savior that he payed for my sins. At least that is what I sort of remember from when I was a kid.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by newnature

Nope...

I will not believe the words of a thief and a murderer...

Christianity has enough problems without Paul's doctrine of "grace"

Perhaps you should listen to your saviour instead of a pharisee

edit on 11-2-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
It is also essential to believe that Jesus the Christ came in the flesh. Otherwise, we fall prey to Gnosticism.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I can't speak for anyone else...

But when someone tells me I "Must" do something, I have the tendency to do the exact opposite.
Even if that something might be in my best interests.

I do what I want!

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn

But when someone tells me I "Must" do something, I have the tendency to do the exact opposite.

I do what I want!

I am the same way. I despise anyone telling me that I 'must' do anything or in any way telling me that I have to do something. My first reaction is to tell them where to go and how to get there.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short
It is also essential to believe that Jesus the Christ came in the flesh. Otherwise, we fall prey to Gnosticism.

I suggest you don't know what the phrase means. This is a spiritual saying not a physical saying.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn

I do what I want!

And like everyone else, because God does not show favortism, you get what you deserve.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

You are absolutely correct. Everyone who doesn't agree simply does not yet understand what he said. His words are only complicated because the church made them complicated. If you just listen to what he says apart from what the church says he said than the truth comes clear. Paul's message actually furthers the stance that Jesus was to be seen from more of an eastern philosophy, something that existed in all men, not bound by religion.

Paul did not start the type of church that we see today, what he started was more like gatherings of friends who came together to strengthen and support each other. Remember the basic truth that we are all children of the same God, and if God is in us then Christ must also dwell in us. This is what we are to believe that heaven exists inside of a man, the same place hell exists.

Heaven and Hell exist in both the earthly realm and spiritual. Imagine that heaven and hell occupy the heart. Now only one can occupy the heart at a time, or rather only one is felt even if they may both reside at all times. But spiritually one is always in control. When you sin the hell force is in control, you are likely to be more depressed, easier to anger. These emotions come from your spiritual separation from God. The spiritual separation lasts as long as you are in sin.

When you repent you come back into heaven. The longer you stay in heaven the more that is revealed to you whether you have faith or not. However you can only reach a certain height, one that you are doomed to fall from, if you don't have faith. Only faith can rescue you from the trials of the world. You must believe in the son and do what he said.

I believe this is the essence of what Paul was teaching.

edit on 11-2-2013 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   

First of all it's not "Paul's gospel". There is no "good news" concerning Paul. He was a fellow laborer. It's the gospel of Jesus Christ. It's the good news concerning Jesus the Messiah.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25

Originally posted by Lazarus Short

I suggest you don't know what the phrase means. This is a spiritual saying not a physical saying.

I suggest you don't know what the Gnostic doctrine of Doceticism means.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

Well then,
It's a good thing I have no use for gods. Because I probably deserve to be executed, yet here I am alive and well and prosperous.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Nope...

So, what exactly do you think Jesus used to save the thief that was on the cross right next to him?

Was that not grace?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Nope...

So, what exactly do you think Jesus used to save the thief that was on the cross right next to him?

Was that not grace?

Theres a few ways I can approach that question...

First look up the definition of Grace... Theres a reason why Jesus doesn't use it...

the word is used to describe someone as elegant... Jesus can be described as Graceful, even full of Grace but that has to do with the ease that he went about his business, and the effortless way he answered every question his followers asked him.

IF his Father gave him "all the power in heaven and earth"... then Jesus saving that thief was said power... NOT his grace... again Paul is the person who turned everything sideways with his grace doctrine.

Secondly... Lukes gospel is the only suspicious gospel because for starters he was a follower of Paul... He was not a witness to anything Jesus did... And him saving this thief is only mentioned in Lukes Gospel... so chances are it actually didn't happen. It was Luke who embellished the story...

Third... This thief didn't ask for forgiveness... He asked Jesus to remember him... In Christian theology he is considered the Penitent thief... this is actually wrong...

He did not repent for his sins which furthers the idea that ALL will be saved...

Though perhaps in his heart he repented... only Jesus would know right?

Remember this when dealing with Paul...

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

Pauls doctrine of grace makes him a thief and a robber... Jesus did not teach the doctrine of grace so by his own words he is a thief

And it seems to me Grace gives a free ticket to sin... Just my opinion though

edit on 12-2-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Theologically speaking, grace means receiving from God something we do not deserve, or not receiving what we do deserve. There is "general grace", i.e., sunlight, rain, etc. And "special grace"; a sinner receiving a pardon for their sins.

He did not repent for his sins

Sure he did, he admitted Christ was innocent and when speaking to the other thief he stated that they both deserved to die. That is a change of mind, where he admitted internally and externally that he was guilty and deserved death.

And it seems to me Grace gives a free ticket to sin...

"Well then, should we keep on sinning so that God can show us more and more of his wonderful grace? 2 Of course not! Since we have died to sin, how can we continue to live in it?"

Apostle Paul, Romans 6:1-2

edit on 12-2-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

As I've said... Paul turned the word sideways...

Show a verse where Jesus mentioned anything like that...

Since we have died to sin, how can we continue to live in it?"

Do you sin?

Have you "died" to sin?

Don't bother answering because the answer is obvious.... so the next question is... How do you continue to live in it?

edit on 12-2-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I added more to my post above.

And besides the fact that Jesus is the grace of God personified, read John 1:17.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

I added more to my post above.

And besides the fact that Jesus is the grace of God personified, read John 1:17.

So did I...

And you didn't answer my question

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Okay, you want one with Jesus actually speaking? I would then point you to His lesson in the temple when He told His disciples to notice the Pharisee and the Publican. That the Publican and not the Pharisee left forgiven by God for their sin.

And again, Christ Himself is the grace of God personified. We receive what we do not deserve because of His obedience to death on the cross.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Do you sin?

Have you "died" to sin?

Don't bother answering because the answer is obvious.... so the next question is... How do you continue to live in it?

"Continue to live in sin" means to continually live a life a sin, a "free pass" as you will. And no I don't. Anyone who is born again doesn't desire to sin. A person who has repented has a complete change of mind about their sinful old life. What they used to see as fine they now hate and avoid.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join