It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Statement on Papal Resignation

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Look folks .. this is very simple ...

Obama's statement said that he and the pope had worked together for four years.
The insinuation was one of co-worker and working together towards something.
The insinuation was one of partnership and intimate and frequent meetings/dealings.

Someone post information showing exactly how they 'worked together' and that it was for the four years that Obama claimed.

And I don't mean imaginary phone calls.
And I don't mean one 35 minute State Level Protocol visit with pleasantries exchanged.
I mean WORKED TOGETHER.

If anyone can find it then great. That means Obama actually told the truth for a change.
But if it can't be found then it's one more 'typical politician' pandering lie that Obama has told.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

If you don't mean those things, what DO you mean? What qualifies as "work" to YOU?

Demanding others find your proof does no good. I don't really care what you believe about the work they did together. Of if it meets your standards for "work". They are leaders in the world and have been in more contact than I (or you) probably know.

You already think Obama is a big liar. What's your point? Are you going to support him if you find out the "work" they did actually meets your standard? No. You will still hate him as much as you always have.

edit on 2/12/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
The whole "we worked together" thing and the photo ops Is just propaganda to give themselves legitimacy. The president gains legitimacy by being seen with the pope and the pope gains legitimacy by being seen with the president.It`s all just a transparent charade to give legitimacy to the titles pope and president.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
If you don't mean those things, what DO you mean?

What you said NEVER HAPPENED. No matter how many times you try to make it sound like it did .. there is no evidence of it. That's just pure pro-obama spin.

What qualifies as "work" to YOU?

Not having just one 35 minute state level protocol visit with an exchange of pleasantries and gifts.

Demanding others find your proof does no good.

I asked a simple question. You, and no one else here, has been able to find the information. If you don't want to go looking for it .. then don't. Until Obama's statement can be proven .. it's just another politician telling a lie.

I don't really care what you believe about the work they did together..

1 - Obviously you must care .. or you wouldn't be on this thread shilling for Obama.
2 - What 'work they did together'?? You can say they worked together all you want, but without any proof .. it's just pro-obama spin.

You already think Obama is a big liar.

Because he has been PROVEN to be a massive liar.

Are you going to support him if you find out the "work" they did actually meets your standard? No. You will still hate him as much as you always have.

Of course I"m not going to suddenly support Obama if it turns out that he actually worked with the pope on something for four years like he claims. He's still a corrupt politician who gets caught in lie after lie. However, I'll be able to say that Obama finally told the truth on something. It would be nice if he did .. for a change.

Someone seriously doesn't understand what 'work together for four years' means? Really? (reminds me of when Bill Clinton demanded to know what the definition of 'is' was
)

Again .. someone show me the White House and/or the Obama administration making statements over the past four years that Obama and the pope have been working closely together to a common goal. Considering how all politicians like to toot their own horns and bamboozle the sheeple ... it shouldn't be a hard thing to do if it's out there.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

What was explained?
All I see is where the Tyrant 0bama is trying to force the Catholic Church to go against it's principles.
But, so long as 0bama gets what he wants, all is great in the world.
I can't wait till the Govt issues the next idict from on high.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I'll make it easy for ya'll ....
Anyone who is interested ... see if you can find something like this .. cuz' I can't ...

Someone find some credible news articles and/or credible sources showing that the Pope and Obama (or his administration) worked together for the past four years to try to end the killings of Christians in Egypt .. or that they worked together over the past four years to try to end the one child policy of China .. or that they worked together over the past four years to try to relieve human trafficing in Central America ... or that they worked together over the past four years to try to free prisoners in Iranian prisons .... or that they worked together for four years to try to get religious freedom for Catholics in China ...

Just give information showing that this kind of thing took place for the past four years. They didn't even have to be successful. Just give info showing that the two were intimately involved in attempting to accomplish something together of this magnitude for four years. Meetings. Summits. Envoys. With the Pope and Obama involved with getting these things accomplished together in a special way.

(and no .. the UN general meetings where nations vote all together on issues doesn't count)

I just want to see what it is that Obama is claiming ...
It's simple.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Again .. someone show me the White House and/or the Obama administration making statements over the past four years that Obama and the pope have been working closely together to a common goal.

So, by your standards, they have to have worked CLOSELY together and TOWARD A COMMON GOAL for you to consider it "work". Fair enough. Obama didn't claim either, but if inserting those qualifications yourself gives you an opportunity to go in for an Obama-bash, by all means...

Although they do have a common goal - to reduce abortion - they disagree on how that is achieved. The Pope apparently thinks we should force women to bear children, while the President works toward education, birth control and keeping options available to women and allowing them to be autonomous.

I "worked with" child abusers in prison. I guess, unless we were working CLOSELY together, and toward a common goal, you would consider me a liar, too...
Some of them had the goal of blaming the kids... I can't call that a common goal.

I also "work with" dogs, "work toward" equality and have "worked with" people whose names and goals I don't even know... So most of my "work" is meaningless to you as work, I'm sure.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

try to end the killings of Christians in Egypt ..
end the one child policy of China ..
try to relieve human trafficing in Central America ...
try to free prisoners in Iranian prisons ....
try to get religious freedom for Catholics in China ...

I just want to see what it is that Obama is claiming ...

But Obama didn't claim ANY of that.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by BritofTexas

Originally posted by neo96
Pointing out that Obama has not worked with religious people in this case Catholics is well known as forcing them to pay for contraception he has worked against them.

You seem to be rather obsessed with a woman's reproductive rights. I'm sure you can get help for that. And, now, thankfully, under Obamacare, it should be affordable.

Oh, I forgot... women become spontaneously pregnant. We've advanced to such a point that men no longer play a part in conception. My bad!

And you are right... it SHOULD be affordable if you believed anything Obama said. Sadly, the guy is a serial liar and the CBO and IRS reports coming out now demonstrate that it WON'T be affordable.

Enjoy your day advocating for the deaths of "inconvenient" babies!

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

they have to have worked CLOSELY together and TOWARD A COMMON GOAL for you to consider it "work". Fair enough. Obama didn't claim either,

He said they worked together ... that implys they were involved together in some way .. and that it was over four years. OF COURSE it would be a common goal that they'd work together for. I mean .. duh.

Just saying that they both want abortions reduced doesn't mean they worked together to achieve that. In fact, Obama has said done the opposite in trying to get abortions more accessable to people. (and the Catholic church has done just the opposite by refusing to acknowledge that they made a theological error with Onanism and that condoms are a good thing)

But Obama didn't claim ANY of that.

I'm giving examples ... since it seems to be very hard for certain posters here to understand what 'worked together' could mean. I'm spoon feeding ya'll .... I specifically said 'find something like this' ...

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Weeding through all the personal insults and off topic jabs by people who cant' find the information ... :shk:

Again .. it's very simple ...

The insinuation was one of partnership and intimate and frequent meetings/dealings.

Someone post information showing exactly how they 'worked together' and that it was for the four years that Obama claimed.

VERY SIMPLE.
I just want to know what it is that Obama and the Pope supposedly worked together towards.
And I would like to see the credibile information showing it.

That's all. Simple.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

No, it didn't. He said he appreciated their work together over these last four years. They weren't office mates. We all know that. They didn't work together FOR four years. They are not co-workers. He never claimed that. YOU inserted a bunch of assumptions so you can rag on Obama over something he didn't even say.

I didn't infer either of these from his statement. I think they probably had a few phone calls and their liaisons probably spoke and met several times over issues, be it the Middle East or abortion. I know the Pope has also met with Nancy Pelosi and Leon Panetta.

I just want to know what it is that Obama and the Pope supposedly worked together towards.

No you don't. You want to rag on Obama. That one thing is CLEAR.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Weeding through all the personal insults and off topic jabs by people who cant' find the information ... :shk:

Again .. it's very simple ...

VERY SIMPLE.
And I would like to see the credibile information showing it.

That's all. Simple.

I've called in all of my resource chips and can't find anything beyond Obama's formal visit back in 2009. Obama likes to create a perception based on how he carefully crafts his scripted moments. This being one of those moments. Just look at the semantics game that is now following.

Obama clearly implied that he and the Pope have collaborated over the course of 4 years. When all evidence suggests that Obama has spent those 4 years doing everything he can to counter the Catholic church and God fearing Christians who disagree with his mandate in general. Just the opposite of 4 years of "working with the Pope"

Let's let Cardinal Wuerl (appointed by Pope Benedict in 2010) speak for the Pope.

In an exclusive interview with Newsmax.TV, Cardinal Wuerl was asked for his reaction to the Department of Health and Human Services mandate calling for religious-affiliated institutions to provide insurance coverage for abortion-inducing drugs, sterilization, and contraceptives for employees.

“This is the invasion of our religious freedom by a government mandate,” he declares.

“This has never happened before. We’ve always been free to exercise our religious freedom. Now we’re being told we must do something that we aren’t able to do.

“I think the reason why this is resonating among so many people is that people recognize this is the first time we’ve faced that type of intrusion.

“What do people do? I think they speak up. In our democratic republic the first response is always to speak up and let your mind be heard. Let what you think be heard by those who make these mandates.”

Pope Benedict last month warned U.S. bishops about the threat of radical secularism in America.

Cardinal Wuerl tells Newsmax: “The difference between this radical secularism and what we have in the past is this is saying there’s no place for you. I think we had a very healthy country when there was room for all of us. The radical secularism is saying there’s no room for you.

“Is it impacting on our whole culture? I think there are some who buy into this. There are some who see this as the future. On the other hand I’m seeing lots and lots of people, young people and not so young but particularly young adults today, who are saying, I think I want a richer life. I want a life in which recognition of God is part of it.”

Simple... Wonder Obama fits in to this vision to secularize our nation.

The Pope has called for a “new evangelization” and asked Cardinal Wuerl to head a synod of bishops on the subject. Asked what does new evangelization mean, he responds: “The background of the new evangelization is to recognize that many people have drifted away from the faith. We live in a secular context. The new evangelization calls on us to re-propose to all people to reexamine what they think they know and come to a real deep appreciation for what their faith is all about.

www.newsmax.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Maybe he was having meetings with a composite pope.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

his scripted moments.

Yes, he channels his inner flimflam man.

He is a pathological liar.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

He said he appreciated their work together over these last four years. They weren't office mates. We all know that. They didn't work together FOR four years. They are not co-workers. He never claimed that.

OH PAAAHLEEEEEZE ...
... When someone says they worked together with someon over the past four years .. they are saying that they worked together for four years. Working together towards a goal of some kind makes them co-workers.

YOU inserted a bunch of assumptions so you can rag on Obama over something he didn't even say.

No .. YOU inserted a bunch of wild assumptions and spin about "hours of telephone conversations about forming teams to brainstorm".

I didn't infer either of these from his statement.

you wouldn't.

No you don't. You want to rag on Obama. That one thing is CLEAR.

No. The one thing that is CLEAR is that you'll shill for Obama no matter what .. and give pats on the back (stars) to anyone who disagrees with the non-favorable facts I present.

How about you get on topic?

So here we are ... 5 pages later ... and no one can find information on what exactly Obama 'worked together' with the pope with. The usual pro-obama-no-matter-what posters are trying to distract from a very simple question .... WHAT WAS IT THAT THEY SUPPOSEDLY WORKED TOGETHER ON FOR FOUR YEARS?

Since five pages and many hours have gone by .. and no one can find an answer ... the conclusion at this point must be that Obama and the Pope infact did not work on anything together for four years.

Unless someone can come up with some facts that say otherwise .. it looks like this subject is closed. End result - Obama, once again, said something that most likely isn't true. No surprise.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join