learn more

Obama Statement on Papal Resignation

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I would support "murdering" something that's inside my body. Whether it be a clump of cells from a human life, a lump of cancer OR an adult! If it's inside my body, then yes, I think I can murder it.

Maybe you should have had those feelings when something else was IN YOUR BODY!

An ounce of prevention is worth a…….

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Originally posted by seabag
Maybe you should have had those feelings when something else was IN YOUR BODY!

I DID. I had the choice.
Whatever foreign object is in my body, I want to have the choice about. And if it's something that's a threat to my health and my life, I DEFINITELY don't want the government forcing me to face that threat.

Like it or not. My body belongs to ME, not the government.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
------------------

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Reported Here & Elsewhere

On behalf of Americans everywhere, Michelle and I wish to extend our appreciation and prayers to His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI. Michelle and I warmly remember our meeting with the Holy Father in 2009, and I have appreciated our work together over these last four years. The Church plays a critical role in the United States and the world, and I wish the best to those who will soon gather to choose His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI's successor.

Okay .. so what 'work' did Obama and the pope do together over the past four years?
:

thats just populist spin with BHO trying to have the sheeple think that he and the Pope were respectful of one another, just trying to ingraciate himself with a sizeable voting block...as i recall from childhood & young adulthood that Catholics were more Democrat than Republican

the Pope had his 'Mission' to heal the pedophile scandal of the Church was one item he worked on

& the Øbama 'work' was to Transform the former Republic into a Techocratic run fascist-Corporatocracy with himself as the top dog with powers beyond what the Constitution outlined

both leaders 'worked' on their own agendas and shared only the calendar dates of service (4 years)... the spin impression was that they conversed with each other on a full palette of issues....

yeah right, a Holy See & a closet Muslim in total accord !?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by BritofTexas

Originally posted by neo96
Pointing out that Obama has not worked with religious people in this case Catholics is well known as forcing them to pay for contraception he has worked against them.

You seem to be rather obsessed with a woman's reproductive rights. I'm sure you can get help for that. And, now, thankfully, under Obamacare, it should be affordable.

Interesting twist on words and morality.. Turning child murder into a woman's reproductive rights.. Perhaps YOU can get help for that..

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Again .. did the Pope and Obama actually work together on anything over the past four years like Obama is trying to claim in his statement? So far .. no solid answer. Looks like Obama was just doing some typical political spin.
edit on 2/11/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Like it or not. My body belongs to ME, not the government.

I agree with that statement but…

Like it or not, murder is murder!

The Pope knows that! Obama doesn't!

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

ATTENTION!!!!

THE TOPIC:

Obama Statement on Papal Resignation

Let's please discuss it...

--Off Topic, One Liners and General Back Scratching Posts--

You are responsible for your own posts.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

If that is what you are pitching, that it is a sad sad day for the unborn babies.

The Pope does not condone and will not sanction condoms even to protect against venereal disease and aids thus adding to the abortion numbers himself.

There is no excuse for that.

Interesting that he was a member of Youth for Hitler and in an American POW Camp for a number of years. His own parts in the Pedophilia coverup? Money Laundering? I have a feeling these are why the man is stepping down and the Place got struck by lightening today...lol Seriously I am surprised Obama connects himself to the man publicly with his statement suggesting they've worked together.

Unless the President knows something we don't - I have no information he and the Pope "worked together" but then I was not privy to the meetings between the 2 men. They might have been interesting.
edit on 12-2-2013 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Abortion is Abortion. Murder is Murder.

They are different things.... but you refuse to accept that reality, as you blindly follow the church of Rome.

Remember the pope will probably burn in hell for his covering up all the kiddy fiddling priests.
edit on 12-2-2013 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
The Pope does not condone and will not sanction condoms even to protect against venereal disease and aids thus adding to the abortion numbers himself.

One person on the short list - Cardinal Peter Turkson - is from Africa and he has been quoted in the past as favoring condoms .. which goes against all church teaching. This is a fella to watch ...

Unless the President knows something we don't - I have no information he and the Pope "worked together" but then I was not privy to the meetings between the 2 men. They might have been interesting.

I highly doubt that Obama 'worked together with the pope for four years' as he claims. If he had, he would have made sure to trumpet blast it through the press. That's how he, and most politicians, work. Instead, we see Obama working AGAINST the church in the USA.

Obama said they had one meeting. It was a State Visit and not a 'working meeting'. And there is no indication coming out of either the Vatican nor the White House that there were any meetings between their representatives on any special specific issue. And ATS members can project imaginary telephone calls and trumpet that they happened ... but there is no evidence of that.

Unless someone comes up with something specific, common sense says that the Pope and Obama did not work together for four years on anything ... and Obama's statement was just another misleading piece of propaganda. No surprise there.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by FlyersFan

What 'work" did Obama and Benedict do together??

Abortion questions were also a focus of a 2009 meeting between Benedict and Obama, who supports abortion rights. The pope presented the president with a document outlining the church’s position on such issues, according to reports from the time.

“The president explicitly expressed his commitment to reducing the numbers of abortions and to listen to the church’s concerns on moral issues,” a Vatican spokesman said, according to news reports.

Read more: www.politico.com...

Sure. I can see it. I can see Obama mandating sterilization in order to decrease the number of abortions.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I highly doubt that Obama 'worked together with the pope for four years' as he claims.

Well, if you doubt it...

What is "work"? Would hours of telephone conversations about forming teams to brainstorm on ways to reduce abortion, help the poor and address the problems in the Middle East qualify as "work"? Would 2 meetings qualify? Would one meeting qualify as "work" if they discussed poverty, stem-cell research, peace in the Middle East, and the need to reach out to the Muslim world??? Because that's what DID happen.

What exactly would they have to do, to qualify as "work" to you? Get their hands dirty?

And because YOU don't know what they have discussed in their phone conversations over the years, that means there is no indication that any work was done, and therefore, it didn't happen? Do you know how many times they've talked? Or had "discussions" through their various liaisons?

Obama Meets Pope for Talks on Abortion and Stem Cell Research

President Obama met with Pope Benedict XVI, and discussed issues such as poverty, stem-cell research, peace in the Middle East, and the need to reach out to the Muslim world. Obama and the Pope also exchanged gifts.[67]

List if Presidential Visits

What's the minimum they'd have to do for YOU to qualify it as "work"?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Who cares what Catholics do or don't do? And why should our president even mention them?

I have about as much respect for the Vatican as I do for Scientology. And after decades of rampant child sex abuse and cover ups, I think Americans are sick of the whole organization.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   

So in other words .. they had one meeting in four years .. Obama payed lip service ... the pope expected nothing in reality from Obama .. and Obama went on to give the members of the Catholic church a hard time ...

okay .. got it. Thanks. They didnt' work together for four years.

I think that about sums it up. I don't think Benedict thinks that he has what it takes to explain things like the church's stance on abortion and gay marriage in a world that has changed drastically in the last 10 years, let alone since he was a young man.

I am betting that the church is planning on bringing forth the last pope to deal with these issues in a more effective manner.

Benedict is outclassed by the Obama, so it's time to bring out the legendaries.
edit on 12-2-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Well a poster can answer unlike those 50 million unborn babies who will never have a chance at life like we did.

A poster can also be condescending to make excuses for the act of murder unlike a child who will never be born because its not convenient .
edit on 11-2-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Are you willing to adopt and raise those 50 million unwanted children? It's real easy to whine about it when you have no stake in it.
edit on 12-2-2013 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
On the ride in this morning NPR spent nearly half an hour talking about this and selecting the new one.

Why am I supposed to care? Why is it mainstream news? So much so that the POTUS has to comment? C'mon.

It has been over twenty years since I last met a Catholic.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

This is pretty mainstream news, dude. The Pope is the leader of the Catholic Faith - just because it isn't relevant in your personal life doesn't mean it isn't relevant to world news.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Would hours of telephone conversations about forming teams to brainstorm on ways to reduce abortion, help the poor and address the problems in the Middle East qualify as "work"? Would 2 meetings qualify? Would one meeting qualify as "work" if they discussed poverty, stem-cell research, peace in the Middle East, and the need to reach out to the Muslim world??? Because that's what DID happen.

SPIN SPIN SPIN. Not even close. YOU say it happened. Even your source says they had ONE state level protocol visit that was all of 35 minutes. 35 minutes to exchange state level pleasantries and gifts, and say a few 'gee, abortion and poverty is so bad' sentences, and then exchange fairwells. THAT IS IT.

There is NO EVIDENCE of these 'hours of telephone conversations' and alleged 'brainstorming' that you are still projecting .. none. There is NO EVIDENCE of any kind that they worked together for four years on anything. None.

And because YOU don't know what they have discussed in their phone conversations over the years,

YOU assume that they had them.
YOU keep projecting that as if it's a fact.
Give some evidence of that.

No matter how much you, or any other die-hard Obama supporter, project and insinuate massive phone calls and lots of work .. the fact is that it's just not there.

EXACTLY what did Obama and the Pope 'work together on for four years'??
Where is the working together? No where. Obama's behavior suggests just the opposite.
Where are the the meetings? No where. One 35 minute State Level protocol visit.

Someone find the evidence that Obama and the Pope 'worked together for four years'. And by evidence I don't mean posting propaganda about imaginary massive numbers of phone calls and one 35 minute state level protocol visit. I mean rock hard evidence. Considering Obama is a typical polician ... if there was any work with the Vatican he'd be showing it off in order to try to get votes. He'd be pandering to the Catholics. (He's panderer-in-chief). So if he did actually work together with the pope for 4 years ... the evidence should be easily available.
edit on 2/12/2013 by FlyersFan because: typo

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Maybe.

Did the POTUS comment when Leith Anderson took over for Ted Haggard?
When Justin Welby took over for Rowan Williams?
When Masih V took over for Masih IV?
Mirvis for Sacks?

All huge events in their respective religions.
edit on 12-2-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join