It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lighting strikes Dome of St. Peter's same day Pope Benedict XVI announces resignation

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+81 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Caught this at the end of the news here (Italy) Canale 5

Also here: photo

(photo credit at link = Alessandro di Meo)

Translation from above site La Repubblica =

The image of the day is Alessandro Di Meo, photographer agency Ansa. The photographer was able to capture a lightning strike on the dome of St. Peter on the day the announcement of the resignation of Pope Benedict XVI.

Also here

Looks like it's for real.

Talk about a 'sign' of the times!

peace

edit on 11-2-2013 by silo13 because: bbc bold

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Its happening....

edit on 11-2-2013 by dashen because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/2/2013 by Sauron because: AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites; please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item as a means to inspire discussion. - a brief description - a link and short quote - YOUR thoughts, comments or opinion on the matter.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

that pic could easly be faked or from a different time, but, that fing hilarious

if true
edit on 11-2-2013 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
what is happening ? i just see lightning
edit on 11-2-2013 by ShaeTheShaman because: (no reason given)

+36 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Go look at the Prophecy of the Popes then tell me you don't wanna crap yourself.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by dashen

Yes, I saw it on the news, just a short while ago...was wondering whether ATS would pick it up!

It`s all very odd and interesting I find...looking forward to seeing what all this brings...

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

Hi Doc - I wasn't sure. I caught the pic at the end of the newscast here (posted link of newscast). The sound was turned down too low for me to catch if it was real or not so I started combing the net.

Yep - looks like it's true. (See links)... La Repubblica stands by it’s photographer.

Unreal stuff that. Made my hair stand on end. Need to shake this off. It’s starting to get to me.

peace

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
maybe the kite that had the key at the end of the string that is attached to the top of the building got struck so it could recharge the batteries that runs the building...

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
reply to post by silo13

that pic could easly be faked or from a different time, but, that fing hilarious

if true
edit on 11-2-2013 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

Could be fake...but the reality is that we had a major storm here in Rome tonight - with thunder, lightning, hailstones...

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Hmmm... interesting.

How often exactly is the dome struck with lightning? Is it a rare occurrence, or does it happen every time there is a storm?
edit on 2/11/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by bintang

Could be fake...but the reality is that we had a major storm here in Rome tonight - with thunder, lightning, hailstones...

I saw on the news tonight the weather was bad in Rome - another reason I thought it might be a 'real' shot.

My question to you then - what's your opinion of La Repubblica?

Do you think they'd 'fake it'? I don't but I'd be glad to take your opinion.

peace
edit on 11-2-2013 by silo13 because: link fix again

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

How often exactly is the dome struck with lightning? Is it a rare occurrence, or does it happen every time there is a storm?

I'm looking for that info at the moment in both Italian and English.

I'll post if I find anything relevant.

peace

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Are we saying God is not a happy camper.....

I can see it now....Pope Obama.....

Good find Silo....

Des

edit on 11-2-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
On an added note I checked out the photographer who's listed as responsible for the photo and he, Alessandro Di Meo has got a lot of job description behind him that would suffer if this is a hoax.

I call it legit.

I don't know how often lightening hits the Vatican though - that's info I'm still digging into.

Regardless - it's a pretty poignant coincidence.

If you believe in them.

I don't.

peace

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by bintang

I saw on the news tonight the weather was bad in Rome - another reason I thought it might be a 'real' shot.

My question to you then - what's your opinion of La Repubblica?

Do you think they'd 'fake it'? I don't but I'd be glad to take your opinion.

peace
edit on 11-2-2013 by silo13 because: link fix again

Silo, I saw it on the news on TV....and the picture they showed was exactly the same as the one they showed on the Repubblica site... (By the way, I live in Rome...so, centre - not that much up north!)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by bintang

Ok great - so you saw it too. Good to know.
Stay warm and safe!

I'll be back with more info as I find it but between now and then thanks for the confirmation!

peace

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I believe you understand and speak Italian fluently....there are various programmes/debates on TV right now (rete 4 in particular) talking about his decision to abdicate, the reasons and implications behind it, etc.... Might be of interest to you...

+20 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
The prophecy of Malachai was it?

Isn't the last pope meant to usher in the reign of the anti-Christ? The replacement Christ.

Now's the time to be serous about faith, we'll need it in the times ahead it seems. This, in my eyes, is NOT a coincidence. Lucifer himself was cast down to Earth as a bolt of lightening.

God deals in humour, albeit esoteric. This seems like the beginning. I'm going to quadruple my efforts to the Lord.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Just saw the prediction of the popes video. If that video is real and the predictions are real then the SHTF but then again S is HTF on a global scale so it doesnt surprise me really. Lets get this show started already!!! I didn't come to this planet to destroy my brains watchin mtv all day and drink aspartame.

+12 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I think it is fairly commonplace hence why they have a lightning rod, though the date of this particular strike happens to be noteworthy.

I read a quote on another source:

Archbishop Comastri said part of the restoration project includes putting up a new lightning rod "since a lot of lightning bolts hit the basilica."

<<   2  3  4 >>

join