It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher Says Gays Have No Purpose In Life, Wants LGBT Kids Banned From Prom

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
beliefs???

Why is it okay for Liberals to have their agendas and keep kids back and failing classes????

So, you're saying there is an epidemic of conservative students failing their classes? Haven't heard anything about this. Are you sure it isn't just because those students aren't too bright?

No actually its because conservatives suck it up and try again with different results, and trust me it happens way more than you actually believe.... Since you know you are praying to the messiah in the white house ... Oh btw the school I went to... is a UC school... one of the top schools in the country, so frankly I'd watch your typing and do some research before you insult something you know nothing about
edit on 12-2-2013 by DrNotforhire because: (no reason given)

Here's an example

High-Schoo l Teacher Threatens To Assault Student For Wearing Romney T-Shirt, Likens It To KKK Sheet
edit on 12-2-2013 by DrNotforhire because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Casualboy100

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by LightOrange

she has no purpose.

Everyone has a purpose

Sure they do but she does not know this and by her own admission she is a waste of teaching and has no purpose at that school. When you say someone has no purpose due to who they sleep with and have sex with it indicates that sex is an important determinate of purpose in life. Yet we don't even teach sex education in schools so how is this teacher preparing her students for the most important determining factor in their future PURPOSE? She should, by her own admission, be teaching about sex or she has no purpose herself. Do you get it?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

So, your retort is basically nothing.
Much vapidness from an ATS member.

Is Spring Break a "Straight Pride Week'?

Well, they are straight and they seem to be pretty proud of their ability to have sex and party, so.... yeah. But you know what? As long as they aren't breaking any laws, I'm ok with it. Those college students can be pretty "in your face" when they're drunk, so I tend to not spend any time hanging out where they are partying during spring break. You could do the same thing during the gay pride parades, no?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by LightOrange

Explanation: S&F!

1) How can a special needs teacher say that ANYONE has "no purpose in life"? What a deplorable placement for this woman to be in. Everyone has to find their own purpose in life and concatenating that with your sexual orientation is just pathetic. Makes me wonder what her "purpose in life" is.

• The natural laws of the universe and her abilities as a human being allow it.

• I concur.

• Again I concur.

• She is obviously trying to be the best christian she can be. I think she fails that test though ok.

2) What does having a purpose in life have to do with going to the prom? What if a kid is suicidal and outwardly states that he has no purpose in life? Is he allowed to go to the prom?

• It has nothing to do with it at all and the two things are unrelated.

• Then that kids parents should seek immediate professional advice and help for their disturbed child.

• They absolutely should be allowed to attend either of the proms. Note this answer only applies if the kid is suicidal and not homosexual and if the kid is both suicidal and homosexual then they should be allowed to attend the offical school prom ok.

3) This "separate prom" being organized is going to be socially damaging to the children of evangelicals who will not allow their children to go to anything but. It's basically a vandalism and arsony target for pissed off teens. Terrible idea.

• That may be true and that is the parents choice on how they raise their children.

• That may also be true and I do not condone such actions.

• I disagree and I support the choice of having a seperate prom but I don't think it should be a competition between the 2 proms and I would support the choice of any parent who sends their child to either and or both proms.

4) Public schools are secular. There is no reason for what goes on in a teenager's bedroom -- whether that is public or not for whatever reason -- to determine whether they are "permitted" to go to the prom that they and their family helped fund.

• I concur.

• That seems to be a very loaded statement and I will just say that all students should be able to attend the official school prom.

Personal Disclosure: I totally support the setting up of a private prom for those parents and kids that want to do so.

I would not support the private prom if it is set up as a direct competition between and in opposition i.e. on the same date and at the same time as each other, to the official school prom.

I support the concept of 'having a choice'!

• posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:05 PM
    link   
    reply to post by OmegaLogos

The liberals don't want you to have a choice though... They are the party of "tolerance" but tolerance only goes as far as their agenda.... Seriously look at it... they will rake religion over the coals for no reason, because it doesn't fit their agenda

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:07 PM
    link   
    reply to post by kaylaluv

So, my direct question to "Is it a Straight Pride Event" is "No".

But, I do like the whole spin you try to put on it.

And people wonder why a large portion take issue with Homosexuals. Not that difficult to understand.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:08 PM
    link   
    reply to post by macman

Exactly, I see why people have an issue with the gay community, its like that... "we can shut down three streets in san diego or San Francisco for a gay pride parade"

can we have a straight pride parade that follows the same parameters??

"NO thats bigoted!" - says every liberal, ever!

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:09 PM
    link   
    the problem here isn't Christianity, its a narrow minded doctrine. If shes going by the bible that homosexuality is a sin then shouldn't there be a separate prom for obese people (gluttony), or people who lie, or steal. According to the bible a sin is a sin, Jesus looks at the murder and the thief the same way. I wish these people would stand back and relies doing crap like this doesn't help Christianity one bit.

Mathew 9:10

Later, Matthew invited Jesus and his disciples to his home as dinner guests, along with many tax collectors and other disreputable sinners.

eat it you self righteous rag

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:12 PM
    link   

And people wonder why a large portion take issue with Homosexuals. Not that difficult to understand.

Touche', clever man. My direct question to you is, how is the gay pride parade shoving an agenda down your throat when you are perfectly free to not attend such a parade?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:13 PM
    link   

Touche', clever man. My direct question to you is, how is the gay pride parade shoving an agenda down your throat when you are perfectly free to not attend such a parade?

When I lived at my old neighborhood downtown, the parade route was on my street, how could I avoid that??? I didn't sign permits.. it was right down my throat, why cant we have a straight pride parade down the same route??? The city said no thats not allowed, WHY!?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:18 PM
    link   
    reply to post by DrNotforhire

Explanation:

For me it is this simple ...

In a perfect world aka civilized society ... there is NO REASONS to be liberal ... as ONLY THE DEVIL would want to change heaven.

In an imperfect world aka uncivilized society ... there is NO REASONS to be conservative ... as ONLY THE DEVIL wouldn't want hell to change.

Obviously the test for what anyones view SHOULD be ... is whether the society is civilized or not!

If it is .. then all liberals can go away!

If it isn't ... then all conservatives can go away!

Personal Disclosure: I hope that disspells the 'fog of war' for you ok.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:25 PM
    link   

When I lived at my old neighborhood downtown, the parade route was on my street, how could I avoid that??? I didn't sign permits.. it was right down my throat, why cant we have a straight pride parade down the same route??? The city said no thats not allowed, WHY!?

I knew someone who lived right across from a beach hotel where drunken spring breakers partied. During spring break, this person (who couldn't stand spring breakers) took the week off and went on a nice quiet vacation somewhere else.

I absolutely hate fireworks, so you can imagine how I feel about New Year's Eve and Fourth of July. All the neighborhood kids shoot fireworks into the wee hours of the morning, which cuts into my sleep time. On those nights I just put plugs in my ears and bear it.

When you are in a minority group that has been bullied, harassed and discriminated against and told they should be ashamed of who they are for thousands of years, then you get to have a parade celebrating pride in your group.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:33 PM
    link   
    For those of you who are whining about the lack of a straight pride parade; consider this. There are many groups that go out and protest gays; yet, we do not see the gays protesting straights. I consider a gay pride parade an organized protest. the "yin" to the anti-gay protest's "yang".
    edit on 12-2-2013 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:35 PM
    link   
    reply to post by DrNotforhire

I was totally gonna plan and have a straight people parade until all my friends told me it was a gay idea.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:35 PM
    link   
    Brilliant.

Yet another idiot with no comprehension of what Life is all about, claiming to be a Christian, apparently in league with other people who claim to be Christians, spouting stupid, unethical, downright nasty and ridiculous falsehoods, and by so doing, further dragging the name of Christ & that of His followers through the mud.

I'm absolutely sick & tired of this utter BS coming out of dead-head Americana.

This is a phenomenon which true followers of Christ need to stand up and shout down, quickly, otherwise the world is further going to believe that Christ must have been a hateful and elitist person, seeing as a significant proportion of His followers are.

What a crock.

Someone slap these people, quickly.

PS - Please, please, please, ATS, don't believe that this is what Christianity is actually about. It is not. It is as far from true Christianity as those Westboro tools.

Sadly, this type of nonsense proliferates as a propaganda weapon and is touted by those who hate Christianity anyway as a reason why everyone else should hate Christianity too. Sheesh.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:38 PM
    link   
    reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

the problem is, the "party of tolerance" refuses to believe that.... Its the liberal way I guess "one person goes on a shooting spree, lets ban all guns"

its the way of the moron to be honest.. Grouping everyone up into a single group... I even said I have no problem with gay marriage, as long as the church isn't forced into it... If they want to marry gays go ahead... Everyone has the right to be happy, but that has fallen upon liberal ears and is turned into something hateful...

Instead of focusing on a fairness, you know the separation of church and state, they just try to push this anti religion agenda...

its sad really

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:42 PM
    link   

The fact that a parade is deemed as necessary, teachers are pushing it to children, commercials about parades and so on is very much pushing it down peoples throats.

Look, personally, I could care less what people do behind closed doors. I could care even less if someone is gay, straight, bi or metro. It doesn't bother me, until it affects me.
    Even further, I don't believe that marriage is for anything but a man and woman, but civil unions I could care less. The background of marriage is that of a religious history.
    If the State wants to recognize Civil Unions between 5 men and a woman, I don't care. GO for it.

I do not push being straight down anyone's throats, nor do I or anyone have parades promoting it. Nor do I want teachers telling MY kids that one is right or wrong over the other. That is where the line is drawn and it goes from someone's rights to be who they are, to forcing others to accept it.

I think it is wrong, but I don't care what others do, nor do I think they are any less or more of a person because of it.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:44 PM
    link   
    reply to post by macman

You hit the bullseye on that one... Exactly, I do understand why people have a problem with gays... Have you been to a pride parade???? I wouldn't want my children near that!!

They are out there half naked, with sex toys attached to them, screaming profanities, doing drugs drinking and just being generally out of touch with reality... I really don't want to have to explain to my child what a "dildo" is before they are 18

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:49 PM
    link   

. I really don't want to have to explain to my child what a "dildo" is before they are 18

Your child already knew, probably by age 12, welcome to the Information Age.

You should talk to your Child though.

You need the Information.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join