It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher Says Gays Have No Purpose In Life, Wants LGBT Kids Banned From Prom

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by Dustytoad

The grey area argument is nice and all, but it still is that you are covered in filth, and so am I, how is it right for me to say you are gross.

Kind of like poop telling vomit it stinks.

If you wish to view it that way you shouldn't be telling me anything.. Nor could you defend any arguments ever, because it's all poop to you. OK?

Or we could skip the logic of extremes, and decide that the site has a motto for a reason, and it's not to stay in denial..

Star for your last post.
edit on 2/11/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
reply to post by macman

So by your logic if hitler was killing people today and I called him a moron for killing jews for his reasons he had.. I would be wrong...

You are right its better to let people to continue their ignorance.. Ignorance is bliss after all.

Your analogy really doesn't reflect the topic you are trying to address.

Kind of like Charles Manson telling Hitler he is wrong for killing people.

Your statement to Camaro shows intolerance, while trying to call out intolerance.

It is almost a double negative.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Since when is black and white an extreme?

Only the ideals of Progressives could muddy the waters of right and wrong.

The Grey area argument is for people that are wishy washy.

A person is either tolerant or not.

If they are just tolerant of some things, then they are still intolerant.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Anyway...Back on topic

I think this teacher should be sacked, its obvious that her personal views are slipping in to her teaching methods.
TBH, i think if you want to work in a public school, then you should hold no religious beliefs.

By the same token, Christians or other religious people should only work in religious schools.
That would avoid this kind of trouble.

Or she could just join the WBC.

BTW, S&F OP

edit on 11/2/2013 by andypb because: added line

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by andypb

By the same token, Christians or other religious people should only work in religious schools.

So, more intolerance???

All Christians you say?? Should we also where an armcuff with a cross on it?

Your statement is just as ignorant as that of no homosexual has done any good.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

You think there is ONE right and wrong in every situation? That's what is extreme.. It's different to be intolerant of the ignorance of one man, then it is to be intolerant of whole groups of people. I'm intolerant of terrorism, and killing is wrong so?? Don't kill them?? Or kill them and call it right??

Or is it just a bit more complicated in that killing them may be just a bit more right than letting them kill others..

We may be arguing a word that has different meanings to each of us which is why I say you are arguing extremes..

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by andypb

So, more intolerance???

All Christians you say?? Should we also where an armcuff with a cross on it?

Your statement is just as ignorant as that of no homosexual has done any good.

Hey it's his right to say that, you are being intolerant of him or her..

But no I agree with your post. Get it?

See how quickly ignorance breeds opposing ignorance? This is why some people are not going to let it slide.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by andypb

Trying to help get back on topic...

I don't nessacarily believe public school teachers should hold no religious views. I do believe they should not involved their views, whether they be religious or poticial, in their teachings. If they feel this need, they need to get out of the public school systems.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
I myself didn't know he invented the computer either.. When you made that very ignorant comment I took 3.5seconds to do a google search and found both links I posted..

So I wouldn't post something negative about a community (gay people) saying they didn't invent anything and basically agreeing that they are good for nothing.. Without at least doing some research. To post some degrading comment like oh they probably invented glow in the dark condoms so they can have sex with each other.. When in fact plenty of people besides gay people use condoms.

When you want to be negative and post stupid things don't start crying when someone points out how stupid you are.

mo·ron [mawr-on, mohr-]
noun
Informal. a person who is notably stupid or lacking in good judgment.
Psychology . (no longer in technical use; considered offensive) a person of borderline intelligence in a former and discarded classification of mental retardation, having an intelligence quotient of 50 to 69.

glow in the dark condoms.... joke

joke (jk)
n.
1. Something said or done to evoke laughter or amusement, especially an amusing story with a punch line.
2. A mischievous trick; a prank.
3. An amusing or ludicrous incident or situation.

So whos the one posting degrading comment? I make a joke, then was called a moron, you then back up the word moron with a definition term implying I’m still a moron after I said I’ve been educated?

You people are so intolerant.

I guess i just come from a different area, San Francisco if your wondering, where my friends that are gay and i make fun of each other.
Heck, i went to a couples dinner party last month with 6 couples at a privet home, 3 couples were gay men.

your all making Assumptions

Assumptions:
1.) Circumstances taken for granted.

dang, its so PC here.
edit on 11-2-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

As a group, gays hurt no one. There is no reason to be intolerant of gays. When someone tries to be mean-spirited and insulting, this is hurtful. It is not inconsistent to be intolerant of one who means to hurt another. It is like being tolerant of the shy kid, but intolerant of the mean kid who bullies him.
edit on 11-2-2013 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I do believe that in almost every situation there is a right or wrong action.
A grey area does not reflect the statement of if there are several right actions. Several right actions just shows that the wrong action is just that more wrong.

I am not intolerant of terrorists. To me, that is silly, as intolerance does nothing.
I have no problem with killing someone that will kill others as a terrorist. To me, there is no grey area.
Will they kill people on my side? If so, I kill them. Very easy.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Ah, you do get it. But, I never claimed to be tolerant of anyone or anything.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Well, the teacher ought to be shuffled off to some taliban school where her idiotic bigotry will fit right in.
Morons like this ought to be barred from anything that puts them in contact with vulnerable young minds.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Ahhh. Groups backed by gays push their agenda all the time. By force in instances.

Saying one holds the moral ground over the other is pretty ignorant.

link   
reply to post by SprocketUK

We have the White House for that.

link   
reply to post by SprocketUK

We have the White House for that.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I do believe that in almost every situation there is a right or wrong action.
A grey area does not reflect the statement of if there are several right actions. Several right actions just shows that the wrong action is just that more wrong.

I am not intolerant of terrorists. To me, that is silly, as intolerance does nothing.
I have no problem with killing someone that will kill others as a terrorist. To me, there is no grey area.
Will they kill people on my side? If so, I kill them. Very easy.

that's right, but you are missing the gray area concept. Killing is not always right.. Intolerance is not always right.. If I see someone not tolerating someone else who is not tolerating a whole group of people, It's an easy choice which side I am on.. If it wasn't so gray you would have picked the right side.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by headorheart

Yes your probably right, i was just angry about what this teacher has said, and i apologize if my post has offended anyone.

But i do think there should be more checks and balances when it comes to employing teachers, and anyone else who work with kids, as an adult and teacher, she should know better than to say such things.

I still think she should be sacked though.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by headorheart

Completely agree.

It's weird, cause I'm gay, but this doesn't offend me as a homosexual nearly as much as it offends me as a libertarian. Secularism is the foundation of this country, and that needs to be reflected in public schools. We can't have religious rules in the public school systems that discriminate against minorities in the student body -- it's completely unnacceptable.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Ah, you do get it. But, I never claimed to be tolerant of anyone or anything.

Right and I think we are only disagreeing because you are arguing the word choice, which I decided was poor word choice as a response. I'm defending the principal that you should call out ignorance, not the word tolerance.

My posts in response to you have little to do with you except to focus you on the idea, that's all. I have no problem with you personally, or publicly.

And with that I'm out of here..

Sorry OP for clogging up the thread..

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join