It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher Says Gays Have No Purpose In Life, Wants LGBT Kids Banned From Prom

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by Dustytoad

You are either a person that is tolerant of ALL views, or you are not.

To pick and chose shows intolerance in itself.

No one is tolerant of all views. That's a fairy tale.. Some people are tolerant of all people, but people and views are not the same thing.

Are you tolerant of the views of an enemy shooting at you in war, or will you judge them to death with your bullets?
edit on 2/11/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

Wait, when did I state I was tolerant of anyone or anything???

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I myself didn't know he invented the computer either.. When you made that very ignorant comment I took 3.5seconds to do a google search and found both links I posted..

So I wouldn't post something negative about a community (gay people) saying they didn't invent anything and basically agreeing that they are good for nothing.. Without at least doing some research. To post some degrading comment like oh they probably invented glow in the dark condoms so they can have sex with each other.. When in fact plenty of people besides gay people use condoms.

When you want to be negative and post stupid things don't start crying when someone points out how stupid you are.

mo·ron [mawr-on, mohr-]
noun
Informal. a person who is notably stupid or lacking in good judgment.
Psychology . (no longer in technical use; considered offensive) a person of borderline intelligence in a former and discarded classification of mental retardation, having an intelligence quotient of 50 to 69.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

You are wrong.

It doesn't matter if the person is gay or straight.
Does inventing computers require a gay person???? NO.

The things were invented by people. It doesn't matter if they are gay or straight.

My statement goes to the creation of the list in the first place.

They are people, not sexual demographics.

No one said it mattered except the original guy who implied it mattered by saying gay people never invented anything.. I don't care who is straight or gay.. You are defending the guy judging whole demographics as not people remember?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Wait, when did I state I was tolerant of anyone or anything???

I asked a question. Note the question mark. When did I state anything about you?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Suddenly, the identity of the person who gave the alleged "moron" his first star for that incredibly ignorant comment is not longer a mystery to me.

You're right, "the gays" as a group didn't invent those things, individual gay people did. "The breeders" didn't invent anything either, then.

Unfortunately he didn't say "the gays as a group" didn't invent anything. He said LGBT people didn't invent anything, which was incorrect.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

. You are defending the guy judging whole demographics as not people remember?

Yes, I am.
It is his right to be uninformed, or to dislike anyone for any reason.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Are you tolerant of the views of an enemy shooting at you in war, or will you judge them to death with your bullets?

I don't have to be tolerant of anything.
What is the point?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

. You are defending the guy judging whole demographics as not people remember?

Yes, I am.
It is his right to be uninformed, or to dislike anyone for any reason.

It is our right to tell him he's ignorant (literal meaning).. It's your right to argue that, and then my right to keep posting back..

You want to argue rights?

It is your right to defend ignorance, but I won't choose that option ever.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

So, you are fine with someone crying foul, on someone else not being tolerant, while in their statement of foul does not reflect tolerance?

That is hypocrisy in motion.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I will just point you here:

Quotes for willful ignorance
www.goodreads.com...

Ignorance should never be tolerated, the worst things in history have come to fruition because of ignorant people allowing it to happen.

This one is my fav “We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.”
― Benjamin Franklin

I choose not to be ignorant or to remain stupid.
edit on 11-2-2013 by dc4lifeskater because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I don't have to be tolerant of anything.
What is the point?

So your answer is no you woudln't tolerate that? So my point is not whether that is right or wrong. My point is Not about you. My point was that it's right to judge people depending on the situation.. In a class room teachers shouldn't be putting out hate. At home or outside of school do as you please..

It's ok to also judge ignorance and call it out.. And still be tolerant of the person who said such ignorant things..

Once again Disagreeing and calling people out doesn't mean that I would force them to change their ideas.. That's the difference between this internet talk, and trying to make a gay free prom..

Understand?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

So, you are fine with someone crying foul, on someone else not being tolerant, while in their statement of foul does not reflect tolerance?

That is hypocrisy in motion.

No it's not.. You kill someone who's trying to kill you.. You kill to save life..

I won't call it hypocritical, but I guess I am not so intolerant.

Again the difference is that the Teacher (subject of thread) is trying to force people to not be allowed at a public event. No one is trying to force the poster off the internet. We only disagree with the ignorance which is transitory as much as the person is a permanent brother of human.

Or should kids never be punished? Just tolerate everything they do.. Your logic astounds.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

To be intolerant of the ignorant is to intolerant.

If you can't be tolerant of all, crying foul on other things really diminishes your righteous statement.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I agree, we all have the right to be intolerant.

But, don't cry foul about someone being intolerant, by being intolerant yourself.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

If you can't be tolerant of all, crying foul on other things really diminishes your righteous statement.

No it doesn't.. Only in your imaginary black and white world..

It's all grey.

I'm not gay nor am I christian just for reference.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

The stupidity in your argument stems from you thinking that being tolerant of one thing and not being tolerant of another thing means you're hypocritical.

That is incorrect.

It would only be hypocritical if he was displaying intolerance toward the same issue.

Read a book, please. It might help you find "purpose in life".
edit on 11-2-2013 by LightOrange because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I agree, we all have the right to be intolerant.

But, don't cry foul about someone being intolerant, by being intolerant yourself.

I will do as I please.. You are the only person trying to stop people from talking.. No one else is.. We get to disagree with that silly post, and you can disagree with us, but don't tell me what my rights are son.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

The grey area argument is nice and all, but it still is that you are covered in filth, and so am I, how is it right for me to say you are gross.

Kind of like poop telling vomit it stinks.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

So by your logic if hitler was killing people today and I called him a moron for killing jews for his reasons he had.. I would be wrong...

You are right its better to let people to continue their ignorance.. Ignorance is bliss after all.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I am not trying to stop anything. The fool is on parade.

Again, I agree that the teacher should not be teaching. Just like the teacher that openly supports homosexuality in the class room.
Neither have a place in the school room. That is a discussion for the home and parent(s).

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join