It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher Says Gays Have No Purpose In Life, Wants LGBT Kids Banned From Prom

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Did this teacher get fired or anything? Thats insane, its ok to not agree with homosexual behavior, but wow shes going really really far with this whole situation. Keep the thread updated.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
have no purpose because a person is gay? This would imply that the only purpose to exist is to procreate? or what does the teacher mean?

Im a straight guy. And no intention of ever having a child. I hope my life isnt so meaningless x.x

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Ginga

They don't have a purpose if the purpose is to go forth and multiply.

If that's THE purpose of life. Nothing but procreation. I choose to believe there is so much more.

“In the beginning, God created the earth, and he looked upon it in his cosmic loneliness.

And God said, "Let Us make living creatures out of mud, so the mud can see what We have done." And God created every living creature that now moveth, and one was man. Mud as man alone could speak. God leaned close to mud as man sat, looked around, and spoke. "What is the purpose of all this?" he asked politely.

"Everything must have a purpose?" asked God.

"Certainly," said man.

"Then I leave it to you to think of one for all this," said God.

And He went away.”

― Kurt Vonnegut

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
While i dont agree with the Teacher speaking out like she did, i also find it rather disturbing the number of individuals that reply speaking out against her in the same manner.
I for one dont agree with the Gay lifestyle, my opinion, its not a religious stance like most would like to believe, its a moral thing in my opinion.
I dont bash homosexuals and i would have no problem with them living right next door.
The problem i have is that by virtue on my non acceptance i am automatically labeled a racist, a bigot, etc.....
I see no reason why we need to promote homosexuality as a social norm, it isnt.
Next time you bash a person for their negative views on homosexuality keep in mind you are just doing the same thing to them because they dont have the same opinion you do.
Live and Let live and keep what happens in the bedroom to yourself.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Originally posted by OmegaLogos

The issue at play here is not Christianity etc... ITS ABOUT HYPOCRISY OK!

Personal Disclosure: I am not a christian ok ... but I will defend them.
Hypocrisy is what Christians excell at.
The want to tell others how to live, and how to Act.
All based on a Piece of Fiction.

How would the Christians feel, if they were Excluded from Prom, for being Christian?

Good question.
After all, both are a choice and not automatically determined at birth.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
reply to post by camaro68ss

Hey moron.. The guy that invented the first computer.. you know the thing you are using to make stupid comments about gay people not inventing anything without doing any researched... He was gay.

backinthegays.com...

"It was about this man whose name was Alan Turing. He designed and built the very first computer in the early part of the 1940′s. And yes, he was gay. And when world war II broke out it was he, using this new invention was able to break the German code for us and our allies which enabled us to win the war for us against Germany.
However, when the world found out that he tried to have a relationship, a boyfriend, and that he was gay, through their prejudice and discrimination, held it against him, completely dismissing what he had accomplished, forgetting the thousands upon thousands of lives he saved, and the good he did by breaking the German code.
This disturbed and bothered him so much that sadly, he took his own life. So I thought it would be nice to share with you, since most people straight or gay, do not even know who this brilliant and wonderful pioneer of a man was."

He was good enough to save american lives until he was gay.. then its a problem.

The Gay 100:
A Ranking of the Most Influential Gay Men and Lesbians, Past and Present
www.adherents.com...

Feel free to read that list and if you think we would be better off without most of those people you are a sad person.
edit on 11-2-2013 by dc4lifeskater because: (no reason given)

KUDOS to you, Sir or Maam. Thank you.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
There is something illogical about this woman's reasoning - that is, providing she is Christian. She claims that gay people have no purpose - presumably implying that this is so because they do not procreate.

Therefore, we get the rule that the purpose of life is to procreate. However, this does not follow from Christian teachings. Christian teachings would have it that the purpose of human life is to serve God with all of your heart. Ergo, following such doctrine, it does not then therefore follow that the purpose of life is to procreate. Therefore, this "Christian" woman (if she is such a thing) is not espousing Christian teachings. Hence she is talking nonsense. (Not that Christian teachings are necessarily correct in themselves anyway)
edit on 2/12/2013 by HomoSapiensSapiens because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
What a c-nt.

It is easy to assume that people like her are the most closeted.

Self loathing. It must suck to be so uncomfortable in one's own skin.

I will never understand why people feel the need to be this miserable.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I don't know how people can defend this kind of bigotry, I've suffered racism and bullying throughout my childhood and I've decided to never just "take it like a b----" anymore. Eventually gays will realize this.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Life is to celebrated and embraced. I believe as Christians the Lord teaches that the greatest gift is love. We only have one judge and it is not the people. This makes me so sad. I am a Christian and what or how other people chose to live their life is between them and the Lord.

What if a child is having a very hard time telling others he or she is gay? We all have a purpose in life, red, yellow. black white, gay or not. Jesus loves us all the same. I can only pray that hearts are convicted and peace and love can be found.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
while i agree a persons purpose in life and sexual orientation should not be mixed i have a problem with your points.

1 How can a special needs teacher say that ANYONE has "no purpose in life

to say this means she should have no more rights to say that, than the ones she talking about , nor your ideas against her as well. a persons job should not be the qualifying factor in someones opinion just as it shouldnt for you,

what do you do for work? if you are not a rocket scientist please dont respond because you a total jack off... see how thats a bad line of thinking?

2 This "separate prom" being--- It's basically a vandalism and arsony target for pissed off teens

wow what town do you come from, i was a pissed off teen for most of my youth , didnt set any proms on fire heh. and i guess you just assume those kids are that way? thats sad, way to give those kids you have no clue about the benifit of the doubt.

3 Public schools are secular---- to determine whether they are "permitted" to go to the prom that they and their family helped fund.

i also pay for schools, i have no children, nor do i have much say what does and doesnt go on in a school, this point is mute

personnally i think it was a dumb comment by the teacher, as there are many couples out there that physically cannot have children due to medical reasons, accidents/war wounds. then there are just the plain ol FUGLY that couldnt have kids if they WANTED to heh, and then the people who just hate kids and are doing everything to avoid them till death.
so gay people choose not to, and some couple cannot choose to HAVE kids, so basically she just wiped out a good quarter of the worlds population as useless.

the same could b flipped on her, why teach special needs students, they will just grow up to be useless, so why waste time on them when she could have been teaching kids that might actually become a ceo, president, ambassador, ect ect. it makes her a useless teacher. (i dont believe that just sayin) ^^

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Myomistress

i dislike gay. it is been said that gay is evil.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by psychiatrist

I truly hope that you ARE NOT a Psychiatrist! It's been said that gay is evil! Really? Sad!

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by LightOrange

What about straight kids that "have no purpose in life"?

Are they allowed to attend the Prom?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by LightOrange

And people wonder why religion is a scam? Religion ruins peoples lives. Reading a book about god to save your soul? You could read a book about self motivation and get the same effect. Not saying being religious and loving thy fellow man and brother be a wrong thing to think On the contrary! It should be in everyone's mind! But if you read the bible properly you would know that wouldn't you?

And of all of gods words, he mentions here and there about the false interpretations and mans intentions spoiling his lessons. He writes about it, in the book you warship. Yet you overlook it? And people like you have the gull to criticize when someone else calls on your BS? The book itself is self redundant. Its hypocritical because the old and new testament are completely different views! Im 21. And it does not take a self educated genius to see this is what caused the division in your so called holy scriptures. Now the lessons have been forgotten. Everyones screaming at everyone else, You will burn in hell you non believe of jesus! NO there is jesus and there no god! there no nothing! Shut up. Really. I'm here. i exist, We have been fighting so long about why we are here and who is right and what is wrong and blah blah.

Live for thy fellow man, Those are gods words. His demands really. And you all failed. With this gay bashing parade, Congrats. You effectively are following pope/priest/self entitled publisher's beliefs, not of said god. 2 gay people can't have a baby. God made that pretty clear in the bible. But of course this can be misinterpreted. As its obvious man and a woman makes a baby and 2 men together is wrong because they cannot make a baby. He did by no means say it was evil....Why am i even quoting that misinterpreted garbage?

Just do this, Christians. Be more christian? Jehovah witnesses are nice... and you don't really see them actively seeking to create genocide. You nazi bastards.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

So long as all can behave, I could care less.

If my children question it, the teachers are not to tell them "It's ok little macman". The answer should be, "Please, let's get your parents to answer/address this".

The teacher is not the parent.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Reading this thread, I now feel justified in my
decision to stay away from this Place and spend
time in more open minded and tolerant Forums.

I am truly and deeply offended by the amount of Hatred
and intolerance being constantly spewed like vomit on this site
towards any Faith, whatever the belief.

And it goes light years beyond mere differences of opinion,
and Strait to the stench of Satanic Hatred, while at the
same time claiming to be defending tolerance, you hypocrites,

While the Popular creed says to "deny ignorance" a lot of the People that
call this site home are in "total ignorance" of ANY TOLERANCE,
and are such haters of GOD that they condemn themselves by their own words
and no argument is required.

These People are ruining your beloved site !

As for me, I will not be back, because this site has become a sick joke!
and a home to Liars, Hypocrites, and belongs to the dead.

Good Luck, and Good-bye.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
well after reading this I'm more for traditional marriage again... Why? Because all the people on the pro gay side making fools of themselves, and being completely intolerant of the religious people...

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
What if I was to tell you about 80% of you have no purpose only someone elses view of purpose. Youd want to argue how I was wrong.

automatons.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by superluminal11
What if I was to tell you about 80% of you have no purpose only someone elses view of purpose. Youd want to argue how I was wrong.

automatons.

But you'd be way off the gay and lesbian community makes up less than 4% of the population and almost 2% of that is bi females

soooo 80% would be wrong

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join