It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher Says Gays Have No Purpose In Life, Wants LGBT Kids Banned From Prom

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Have you been around drunk college students during Spring Break???? Do you have a problem with all college students? How do you explain a drunken college girl wearing a thong bikini to your child?

Again, not for my children.

I have a problem with that, if placed in front of me kids.
But, a bikini is no where near a man wearing a gimp outfit being stuck by an oversized dildo by another grown man wearing a buttless biker outfit.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

Explanation: Which students are gay?

Neither the original source article or the opinion peice article or even the video linked in the opinion peice article give any air time to any gay students or their opinions.

Personal Disclosure: For all we know there may be no LGBTQ students attending the school at all and this may be a complete beat up to drum up support for some obscure agenda.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

At the pride festival here I saw two transsexuals with strap ons, having sex on a float... it was quite disturbing I don't know how I would explain that to my kid

(oh btw this is ILLEGAL anyways, gay or straight) why is it allowed to happen?
edit on 12-2-2013 by DrNotforhire because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

“I believe that it was life circumstances and they chose to be that way; God created everyone equal,” said Medley.
reply to post by LightOrange

From your link, quoted above.

She believes they choose to be gay. At the same time believes "God created everyone equal".

It is really too bad her perspective is getting in the way of her God's perspective. If she believes he created all equal then why is she judging? Her judging is based on a difference which shows her intolerance for anything different than what she deems as adequately equal to her.

Karma will bite her in the butt!!

Bet she comes back in another life gay!! hahahaha
edit on 12-2-2013 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Explanation: I have attended high school dances but no I did not attend my yr10 prom.

However I did go look up what a prom is and my search engine gave me the following results all sourced from www.chacha.com/ .

Where did the purpose of prom come from?

Prom is a reference to formal dances in which the guests would display their fashions and dancing during the late 1800's.

What was the original purpose of a prom?

Prom is short for the word promenade. When prom first began it was just a simple dance. Most believe it began in the 1800s

What is the purpose of going to you're senior prom in high school?

The purpose of your senior prom is to bond with your friends, have a cool date, and a great time. Also to make some memories!

I agree that a seperate prom for just one, two or even three students would be pointless, but for more than that I see no problems at all with holding a seperate prom.

Personal Disclosure: I hope that helps clarify why I recommended it.

edit on 12-2-2013 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to fix broken bbcode for links.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
This post is so far removed from the first page, that I doubt it will even be read, however, it absolutely insults the entire concept of humanity to have such a stance as this idiot teacher. It doesn't matter if she were God, I would still want to just throw a plate of spaghetti at her!

I'm not even one to be violent, but THIS lady takes the cake. Who the hell is ANYONE to make such a "judgement" that anyone of a "different" sexual orientation should not be allowed to attend prom?

I bet the school would change their mind if they were to lose their funding for those students who decide to home school!

People like this make it soooo easy to be ashamed of humanity.
edit on 12-2-2013 by Divine Strake because: The rent for prom is too damn high.

edit on 12-2-2013 by Divine Strake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Um...no. How is that relating to the other.

That is something that is accepted by many, bringing a spouse, be it gay or straight in nature, is not something that is shunned.

Having two straight or gay people make out at the work event is an issue, and is normally frowned upon.

edit on 12-2-2013 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

yep...

but I like how no one came to try and defend what I said... I was trying not to get that detailed... but its true...

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
I always love when threads turn into a mess of people quoting bible verses.

That's the best outcome for any thread.

I understand your point, but in this case I think it's applicable to use scriptures. Do you ever watch Cesar Millan's show The Dog Whisperer? One thing he tries to get across to people is that dog's don't understand english, or whatever other human language you speak. Dog's understand dog. You can't expect a dog to understand english, so you have to learn to speak dog. (I actually followed his advice and his techniques work amazingly well, but that's another thread.)

The same holds true here. Fundamentalist Christians only respect the word of God and accept it as their final authority on everything. Literally everything. They will not be convinced by any secular argument, no matter how logical or scientific or anything else. So if you want to get a point across that they will (hopefully) understand, then you have to go to them on their terms. The Bible is their language, so use it to communicate to them.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Have you been around drunk college students during Spring Break???? Do you have a problem with all college students? How do you explain a drunken college girl wearing a thong bikini to your child?

But, a bikini is no where near a man wearing a gimp outfit being stuck by an oversized dildo by another grown man wearing a buttless biker outfit.

I don't approve of inappropriate behavior - gay or straight, but somehow I think the gay students can manage to behave themselves at a prom as well as the straight students can.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

So because 1 gay person on Earth or 3 or 5 or however many you are defending, that makes all gay people have a purpose?

My stance sounds different......Men have their unit for a reason, women have their hole for a reason......To reproduce and CREATE a family.....

I am not a homophobe, but I don't condone that action......I liked it better when they stayed in the closet and I didn't have to hear about that sick act......This is MY OPINION and you don't have to agree nor argue, nothing will change my opinion on the subject, I just don't like it....

Now having said that I don't agree with the teacher either, people can succeed no matter straight or gay, and this was something that shouldn't have been said.....So this teacher should face punishment from the school for saying this garbage to kids......

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I don't approve of inappropriate behavior - gay or straight, but somehow I think the gay students can manage to behave themselves at a prom as well as the straight students can.

But you were singing a different tune a few pages back

I dont think a Christian parade will consist of transexuals having sex with each other with strap ons, or the leather bare butt cheeks or anything perverted and sick....

Why the change of opinion

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
reply to post by camaro68ss

Who said I had to tolerate peoples stupidity?

So people are stupid because they did not know about facts? So once you educate them, are they still stupid or morons?

To truly think that your sexuality has any impact on your creativity or worth? I'd say both.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
What a SAD comment to make, I bet she was trying to be important and side with fellow idiots when she made this comment. MAN I feel like this society is moving backwards on everything. Grow-Up close minded people that thnk they are so much better than the person next to you. Religion can do some messed up stuff to people

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Funny how an omniscient, omnipotent god would invent a kind of human that was later subject to ridicule and social banishment by those humans who claim He was infallible.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Regarding the prom issue.
Ill give an example. I would bet that if a teen male and female are caught "making out" at a school sponsored event, they would probably be written up, kicked out of the event and ordered to report to the principal on the next school day.
Now replace them with two females and everyone (probably staff included) would be taking pics and recording it on their smart phones.
Now, replace them with two males and for the most part, people would probably just ignore them.
The staff would do nothing in the last two instances because they would either fear a lawsuit against them and the school for discrimination or they would be a party to the agenda of conditioning kids to accept the gay lifestyle.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
Regarding the prom issue.
Ill give an example. I would bet that if a teen male and female are caught "making out" at a school sponsored event, they would probably be written up, kicked out of the event and ordered to report to the principal on the next school day.
Now replace them with two females and everyone (probably staff included) would be taking pics and recording it on their smart phones.
Now, replace them with two males and for the most part, people would probably just ignore them.
The staff would do nothing in the last two instances because they would either fear a lawsuit against them and the school for discrimination or they would be a party to the agenda of conditioning kids to accept the gay lifestyle.

No PDA means no PDA. I don't care if they're gay, straight or doing it with themselves.

Just because some people are gay doesn't mean they have sex in public. Two gay students going to the prom together shouldn't be an issue at all. They don't have sex out on the dance floor and neither do the straight students.

The woman is a homophobic bigot and shouldn't be allowed to teach with that much hatred built up inside her.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos

The issue at play here is not Christianity etc... ITS ABOUT HYPOCRISY OK!

Personal Disclosure: I am not a christian ok ... but I will defend them.
Hypocrisy is what Christians excell at.
The want to tell others how to live, and how to Act.
All based on a Piece of Fiction.

How would the Christians feel, if they were Excluded from Prom, for being Christian?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire

But you were singing a different tune a few pages back

I dont think a Christian parade will consist of transexuals having sex with each other with strap ons, or the leather bare butt cheeks or anything perverted and sick....

Why the change of opinion

I never said I loved a gay pride parade. Never been to one, never want to - and neither do any of my friends who are gay. But I understand why some gays want to have one. For so, so long - they have been forced to "pretend" they are straight - this is their chance to let it all out. It's not my thing, but then getting drunk and showing my breasts during Mardi Gras ain't my thing either. That doesn't mean I hate everyone who goes to Mardi Gras, nor do I think Mardi Gras should be banned. I just choose not to participate. No big deal.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LightOrange

(Reply to Opening Post)

This type of ignorance is becoming a clear indicator of someone's intelligence and life experience.

Being vocal about their beliefs is OK, because I love the Right of Free Speech, but it doesn't change my opinion of their ignorance fueled hatred of the LGBT community.

I really do not agree with where this prostest is going. That someone would be so callous to those who are different than themselves is socially disgusting, but...

Technically speaking, thet are right in saying they have no purpose in life. I am basing this on the most basic foundation of natural life.

I do not mean these people have no general purpose in life, I am trying to point out that - based upon nature and the continuity of the huma race, reproduction is the #1 purpose for our species. If there is no chance the person can reproduce, then they have no purpose in life.

I am trying to word it to describe what I mean.... based solely on nature's principals of reproduction for the continued existence of a species, someone who can not serve this purpose has no purpose in natural life...

Sheesh, no matter how I word it, it doesn't sound OK. Hopefully you can see the point I am trying to make and not feel as if I am supporting this person or the general assertion that the LGBT community members have no purpose in life. I am saying the have no purpose life, based the specific purpose of nature and reproduction.

Even redundancy isn't making it sound better... anyway, don't trash me too hard if you don't understand what I mean, it is my fault for not describing my opinion better, but I am not supporting any anti-gay sentiment.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join