It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher Says Gays Have No Purpose In Life, Wants LGBT Kids Banned From Prom

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

A teacher of special needs children in Indiana is speaking out with other Christian parents and students by demanding LGBT kids be banned from a Sullivan High School prom. When asked, teacher Diana Medley responded to a reporter that she believes gay people have no purpose in life, and agrees that anti-gay parents and students should create a separate, “traditional” prom that would ban gay students from attending. Sullivan High School itself is allowing all students to the official prom, but these militant anti-gay Christians are trying to get students to attend their prom instead of the school’s official prom.

S ource

It's very difficult for me to get "offended" by many stories of heartlessly evangelical psychosis anymore; this one, however, boils my blood. The ignorance and stupidity and the content will to express them as some sort of righteous decree is just baffling.

1) How can a special needs teacher say that ANYONE has "no purpose in life"? What a deplorable placement for this woman to be in. Everyone has to find their own purpose in life and concatenating that with your sexual orientation is just pathetic. Makes me wonder what her "purpose in life" is.

2) What does having a purpose in life have to do with going to the prom? What if a kid is suicidal and outwardly states that he has no purpose in life? Is he allowed to go to the prom?

3) This "separate prom" being organized is going to be socially damaging to the children of evangelicals who will not allow their children to go to anything but. It's basically a vandalism and arsony target for pissed off teens. Terrible idea.

4) Public schools are secular. There is no reason for what goes on in a teenager's bedroom -- whether that is public or not for whatever reason -- to determine whether they are "permitted" to go to the prom that they and their family helped fund.

I have to feel sorry for her, really; it must be very difficult throwing all those stones with that log in her eye. People who subscribe to Christianity so openly and judgmentally should really try reading the New Testament so that they might find time to hang their own abhorrent little heads in shame once they realize how ridiculous they are being. What a sad waste of an otherwise functional human brain.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by LightOrange

I think anti-gay discriminatory teachers should be fired so they cannot have a negative impact on the learning or well being of the students.. Go teach at a christian sponsored hate school .. they don't allow gays their you will fit right in.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Religion poisons everything.

Christopher Hitchens was right.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
This is retarded.

There now I hope I offended her. How can someone that looks out for people who don't fit society's norm condemn gays like this? I could understand if this was a private Christian school, but its public. ANYONE can go. As long as people don't think killing orphans is fun, they deserve as much out of life as everyone else. People like this make the bad name Christians have. And on top of it Prom? Gay marriage you can fight a more religious battle to support your opinon. Prom is supposed to celebrate high school. I hope no one goes to this second prom.

Sorry that was more of a rant than anything else, but just like the OP my blood is boiling.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

It is people like this sad sack of sh@t that have no purpose in life.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Wow, are christians, the ones who are supposed to teach, forgive and understand turning into the new fascist? I think it's a young persons right to discover who they are inside, if it doesn't match the norm, who cares, our lives are designed so that experience leads us to find the truth of how we can be happy. On another note, lets look at the straight persons divorce rate. And how women treat men and men treat women. Seeing this, is it any wonder a young person turns to diversions? Grow up and accept them for being human. Sex is their own business.

link   
When this teacher gets cancer and one of her former LGBT students has discovered the cure, I wonder how much purpose she will think they have then? The notion that procreation is the only purpose of life is preposterous.

link   
The only way I could assume that she thinks they have no purpose in life is because of the fact that they can't reproduce their own children between the two of them. But that's a stupid argument because wouldn't her special needs children fit that criteria? Sterile people? Those that cannot carry a baby to term? How about those that just choose not to have children? All of these people serve all kinds of different purposes in the lives of others and in society as a whole. I don't get the reasoning behind her thinking here and I think that her behavior is just disgusting.

When are we going to stop discriminating against gays and accept them as being just like anyone else? All of the hate and name calling is childish and ridiculous. Jesus never said "Let's hate the gays!"

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by headorheart
This is retarded.

There now I hope I offended her. How can someone that looks out for people who don't fit society's norm condemn gays like this? I could understand if this was a private Christian school, but its public. ANYONE can go. As long as people don't think killing orphans is fun, they deserve as much out of life as everyone else. People like this make the bad name Christians have. And on top of it Prom? Gay marriage you can fight a more religious battle to support your opinon. Prom is supposed to celebrate high school. I hope no one goes to this second prom.

Sorry that was more of a rant than anything else, but just like the OP my blood is boiling.

I believe I began this thread in a bit of a rant, so you get a pass

I remember not even attending my prom because I felt like I didn't relate to most of the student in my school. When I was that age I was severely depressed, tried to commit suicide on multiple occasions, and when my parents sought help for me we went to the "Catholic Family Counselling Center" and the counsellor made sure to try and convert me to heterosexuality instead of addressing my very REAL other problems in my life regarding my parents' divorce, my recent move and lack of friends, etc.. I couldn't even imagine how bad it would've gotten if the public school I went to decided that they hated me and told me that I had "no purpose in life".

It's really no wonder that gay teen suicide rates are so high. This crap is getting so out of hand.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeatherNLace
When this teacher gets cancer and one of her former LGBT students has discovered the cure, I wonder how much purpose she will think they have then? The notion that procreation is the only purpose of life is preposterous.

I dont think LGBT people have discovered or Invented anything? I could be wrong? prob wrong...

Maybe glow in the dark condoms so they can play starwars, (JOKE) thats about all i can think of.

Just saying.
edit on 11-2-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Hey moron.. The guy that invented the first computer.. you know the thing you are using to make stupid comments about gay people not inventing anything without doing any researched... He was gay.

backinthegays.com...

"It was about this man whose name was Alan Turing. He designed and built the very first computer in the early part of the 1940′s. And yes, he was gay. And when world war II broke out it was he, using this new invention was able to break the German code for us and our allies which enabled us to win the war for us against Germany.
However, when the world found out that he tried to have a relationship, a boyfriend, and that he was gay, through their prejudice and discrimination, held it against him, completely dismissing what he had accomplished, forgetting the thousands upon thousands of lives he saved, and the good he did by breaking the German code.
This disturbed and bothered him so much that sadly, he took his own life. So I thought it would be nice to share with you, since most people straight or gay, do not even know who this brilliant and wonderful pioneer of a man was."

He was good enough to save american lives until he was gay.. then its a problem.

The Gay 100:
A Ranking of the Most Influential Gay Men and Lesbians, Past and Present
www.adherents.com...

Feel free to read that list and if you think we would be better off without most of those people you are a sad person.
edit on 11-2-2013 by dc4lifeskater because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

I dont think LGBT people have discovered or Invented anything. I could be wrong.

Maybe glow in the dark condoms so they can play starwars, thats about all i can think of.

Just saying

Yeah, you're so right

Leonardo Da-What?

Who needs helicopters, tanks, solar power, a calculator, plate tectonics, etc..

Not to mention Alan Turing; what are you typing to me with right now? A computer? Well, he invented it for you, and he was gay. Amazing how you are sitting on it right now, with access to all of the information in the world, and saying that gay people never invented anything.

Sometimes I wonder if people think that the internet was invented to fling birds at pigs with an elastic band.

link   
Yeah, gay people dont have a purpose because they dont have kids. Actually, gay people have kids all the time, they just dont advertise it and the spouse denies it. If my purpose in life was to spend all ofmy time and money on some spoiled kids to sit around and watch video games, then she is right, I have no purpose in life, thank tha lord...

link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

I dont think LGBT people have discovered or Invented anything. I could be wrong.

Maybe glow in the dark condoms so they can play starwars, thats about all i can think of.

Just saying

You are completely incorrect in this assertion. Alan Mathison Turing was Brilliant British mathematician who completely revolutionized the way we thought about computing back in the mid and early 1900. Without him we would have never broken German codes in WWII. Furthermore, his turning machine was one of precursors to the computer we know and love today. Guess what? He was a closest homosexual for much of his life and eventually committed suicide by Cyanide because of homosexualities taboo nature at the time (see prejudice). On top of that, Tesla (although I don't think he was homosexual) never had sex in his life---he was an Asexual. Look what he achieved.

Please cease and desist with throwing out ignorant statements before researching your claims; it greatly prevents you from seeming foolish.
-TheGhoster
edit on 11-2-2013 by theghoster because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

So a teacher is saying "sex" is the only purpose to life?

Why does she have a job?

If that were the case then she should be fired
because unless she is teaching the kids about sex
- she has no purpose.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Religion, well most Christian based religions do not teach hate.

The hiding behind religion is just cowardly.
If you don't like gays, then don't be around them. Same goes for if you don't like anti-gays.

No one has the right to tell others what they can feel or think or say. Regardless if it is anti-gay or pro-gay.

The statements show hatred and a bigoted person.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
reply to post by camaro68ss

Hey moron.. The guy that invented the first computer.. you know the thing you are using to make stupid comments about gay people not inventing anything without doing any researched... He was gay.

backinthegays.com...

Calling people morons isn't very tolerant of you regarding my ignorance.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I feel bad for the parents kids.

They probably won't get to spend time with their real friends at the prom of their choosing.

I will be ROLLING, when their God sends them to hell for dragging his name through the mud, and being complete fools. Guess they forget to love thy neighbors, and that all humans were built in his image...but only when they deem it appropriate.

Oh! I am so excited!

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
When people say gay people aren't cool I refer them to this!

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater

I think anti-gay discriminatory teachers should be fired so they cannot have a negative impact on the learning or well being of the students.. Go teach at a christian sponsored hate school .. they don't allow gays their you will fit right in.

When I grew up we were all important and different. I remember Duso the Dolphin came to our class a lot (puppet)
We were taught to love the differences in people.. That's what teachers should be doing.. Then when these kids grow up they won't fall into hatred, racism, sexism and many wars will be prevented..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join