It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tina Brown: Obama "Would Be Impeached By Now on Drones" If He Were Bush

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

Ohhh you were looking for tit for tat, we called for Gonzalez to resign so now we have to for Holder... nothing short of that exact thing we'll make us non-hypocrites. Is that how it works?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Of course it makes you hypocrites of the 1st order.

Look, it's fine if you want to live in a bubble. I call out liberal hypocrisy and republican hypocrisy. I don't trust Politicians as far as I can throw them. They have too much power if you ask me and this is why most if not all are corrupt to some degree.

What gives them power is the sychophants and hypocrites who are to blind to see their hypocrisy.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I'm not saying it doesn't exist lol. But you're missing something kind of defining in the US at the moment, a lot of people are missing it actually. A growing number of Liberals are becoming vocal against Obama and Obama didn't really ever have much among the Left to begin with. I'm not the one living in the bubble here. Supporting this narrative helps keeps us divided.

By the way Occupy did call for Holder's resignation.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Here's more from 2007.

From NBC's Mike Viqueira

A group of House Democrats will introduce a resolution calling on the Judiciary Committee to begin impeachment proceedings against Attorney General Alberto Gonzales.

Rep. Jay Inslee (D-WA) will sponsor the measure. It will be dropped in the hopper tomorrow.

It's too early to say whether it will actually get anywhere.

Here's the text of resolution...

RESOLUTION
Directing the Committee on the Judiciary to investigate whether Alberto R. Gonzales, Attorney General of the United States, should be impeached for high crimes and
misdemeanors.

firstread.nbcnews.com...

It's funny how liberal cry about being divided when you point out liberal hypocrisy. They cry about being divided in one breathe and then in the next breathe slam everything about Conservatives.

So, we're supposed to shut up and sing Kumbaya in the face of liberal hypocrisy. Like I said, I call out hypocrisy from both sides and it's silly to live in a bubble and act blind when hypocrisy moves to your side of the street.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Sure.
Enjoy your pats on the back.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
If you dont get impeached on outing CIA agents, or starting a war based on false intel, intentionally misleading congress and the american people, starting torture programs, and illegal wiretaps.... I'm pretty sure drones are nothing.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yah what was it Obama said during the o8 campaign....oh yes it was "So we're NOT just air raiding villages and killing civilians".. Is a drone attack considered an air raid?

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
All those on the right don't get to criticize Obama because you wouldn't criticize your own party either.

Its not about parties, its about doing the right thing.

Unwarranted drone strikes, kill lists, NDAA, patriot act, none of it is OK, no matter WHO does it.

Whether you support Obama or Romney or whatever else establishment hack that bends to the will of their investors, its all the same.

I hope the two party paradigm is showing its colors to you, its harder to realize when all the stakes are at play during the general election but if theres ever a time to realize the truth, its now...when everybody shows their true colors.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   
What a load of crap.

Compared to what Bush got away with, Obama has barely touched the surface.

Imagine if Bush had of gone after Saddam and Osama with a drone? Instead of sending young American kids to their death and sending your nation into bankruptcy.

I have no problem with Obama sending a drone to Somalia, Afghan, Pakistan and dropping a missile on some wanna be terrorist who's planning attacks.

Secondly, If Bush can hand the bankers the keys to the USA's vault to the tune of $600 billion dollars, then pass the tab onto Obama? I think some people need a reality check of where the problems came from.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
What a load of crap.

Compared to what Bush got away with, Obama has barely touched the surface.

Imagine if Bush had of gone after Saddam and Osama with a drone? Instead of sending young American kids to their death and sending your nation into bankruptcy.

I have no problem with Obama sending a drone to Somalia, Afghan, Pakistan and dropping a missile on some wanna be terrorist who's planning attacks.

Secondly, If Bush can hand the bankers the keys to the USA's vault to the tune of $600 billion dollars, then pass the tab onto Obama? I think some people need a reality check of where the problems came from.

Another Obama apologist. Great.

Brought us into more wars than Bush.

More than 4x the drone strikes than Bush, expanded the drone program. Killing plenty of innocents for collateral.

Bank bailouts, tax exemptions for corporate donors.

STOP being so blind to the lies, even Bill Maher and Michael Moore can see it, why can't you? And they're idiots.
edit on 14-2-2013 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

I like neither bush or Obama, be careful im not a Bush/Obama apologist.

But it was Bush who gave the bankers the bailouts, dont you remember?
It was bush that sent us into Iraq and Afghanistan headfirst under false pretenses, dont you remember?
It was Iraq/Afghanistan that bankrupted America, or dont you remember that either?

Like I said.. Bush could have hit Saddam with a drone strike, likewise Osama. But instead he took the long bloody road of corporate wars.

I do not like Obama and I do not like Bush but dont pretend this is all Obama's fault, peace seeking people just lose credibility when they focus everything on Obama.
edit on 14-2-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Drone technology has been around since Reagan and it is only recently that the data from drone strikes has been made public. Drones effectively replace two things: sending troops to do the same job and carpet-bombing the area in question. In truth many more of the missions in which, the drones were used would have been missions where carpet-bombing was used, instead of sending troops.

When considering the events of history such as WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam , where carpet-bombing was the rule? Drones kill thousands of not tens of thousands less people than carpet-bombing strikes. As such the idea of impeaching a President of the Unites States for that isabsurd.

Children die in war and that is a big part of what is wrong with war. Realistically speaking we are not at any time real soon going to watch footage of Chechen women dancing with Russian soldiers anytime soon.

edit on 15-2-2013 by Kashai because: modified content

top topics

<< 1   >>

join